Punishments on Raid Bosses

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Paul M. McCormick, May 21, 2015.

1. Micaylah

Micaylah Active Member

Thank you. I got into a wee pickle this time around, but had some last minute help from a high level clan member. It wasn't so much I couldn't finish it myself, but time was of the essence and the folks that were helping me seemed to bail a bit.

I'm only in the 4600 area, so I wasn't sure what was considered "low level". :cool:

Kirsten likes this.
  2. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

People will always post RBs on Job Chat so will always pick up scammers and then live with it or moan about it. I don't bother posting there anymore but post links to clan who will help. Better to build good relationships and take down more RBs with mates than wait for players to actually do something on your RB. If you have a number of good hitters you don't need thirty combatants on your RB but can take it down with far fewer.

Kirsten likes this.
  3. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

That is so true

4. Cisco

Cisco Member

I never put RBs in Chat and only send them out to trusted clan members. The bottom tier seldom fills but they always get killed within a day or so. Kirsten is correct in how important to build good relationships in the games.

HJM likes this.
  5. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

A game that requires good relationships is a game with recruitment problems, as it takes time do build relationships. If people are excluded from too much content while still doing that, they will just leave.

You and Kirsten are only looking at this from a selfish perspective (what is good for me) vs a broader perspective (what keeps the game alive).

6. Kirsten

How about those that play on non social networks , accept the fact that,that is the problem,always has been and probably always will be. Social networks work better because they are social. Just sayin,not sure how it is selfish of us.

7. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

Or Kano can change raids to make serious griefing impossible....

Just make it the same as attacks on other bosses, you can never go below 1 health yourself. At that point, the most a griefer can do is run down the health to force others to heal. That would solve the worst of it, with a 10 minute code change.

I've never actually seen an argument why we need the possibility for the raid party to die. How does it make the game better?

8. Kirsten

You need Kano to answer that question

9. Kirsten

And for those who say I do not know about kong or other platforms I do know and I have accounts for three games on kong ,clan,mobbies , slayers just different names for the same group of players , and why not tell the other fb players who post in your post complaining over and over , they have no clue , lol cause they do also have a clue , I hope Kano bends over backwards and makes it do all 300 get what you want so ya stop trolling, this way whomever made the decision to play on non social networks have a leg up , somehow I doubt it is gonna make a few of you happy lol

10. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I think I have answered that somewhere; it's a question of risk vs reward. If there is no risk of the Party experiencing hardship during the fight against the Raid Boss, then the reward would have to be lowered to match.

Marc14 and Kirsten like this.
  11. Kirsten

Yes,Mitch and I agree ,my response to him was a bit rhetorical.

12. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

Mi7ch, there already is a substantial risk that the raid won't finish, due to people not hitting enough (which happens regularly to non-griefed raids). It's not like all raids will suddenly finish when you get rid of raid killing. That won't increase our stamina.

Secondly, raid party killings almost never happens by accident now. Currently on Kong, 95% are intentional griefing. I don't think that griefing is a fair kind of risk, especially when nearly all public raids get griefed. That means that many players have zero chance of a reward, which doesn't seem like a fair risk vs reward.

Thirdly, the chance of griefing is not fairly distributed. Newer/more casual players can't fill their raids without making it public, while making it public will make it fail. So they have a catch-22. Older/less casual players rarely see their raids griefed. So the risk is distributed very, very unfairly (and mostly to new players, who will leave).

Fourthly, for a lot of high level players, the risk/reward ratio is already quite bad and many players are not doing raids for this reason.

Fifthly, it's unfair between platforms, since Kong seems to have way bigger problems with griefing than FB.

Sixtly, do you want your game to be known for massive griefing? This is really bad PR.

13. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

Seventhly, I have not been a part of a failed boss since I cannot remember when. Must be because I choose who I add to it - just sayin'

Kirsten likes this.
  14. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

Eighthly (made up word?) other people add me to theirs too so no problem there either :D

Kirsten likes this.
  15. CazG

CazG Member

This seems a practical approach to lower levels stamina / energy supply. Until they can build on their skills it tends to be a tough slog to get on more than a couple at any time.

bobbyc likes this.
  16. That sounds a bit harsh for Tier 3 players. Many times it is us that kill raids or do the most damage. then we get a common weapon. That sucks. But, that is the chance we take. Now, you what to kick us out of raids. Have you thought of the health lost? Your raid party needs health. And heavy hitters. You try and give 50.000,000 to 100,000,000 or more in damage plus heal.
    Players know who will help to kill their raid. I get invites and and I join posted raids. And, I do my best to give more than the minimum.
    Many times I see that the owner of a raid is not doing much hitting. But, I am also aware of the level of the raid owner. I take that factor into account. I also take into account when a raid owner is using energy to keep the raid party in the green because some players don't heal after they hit.
    If I am looking at this don't you think other tier 3 players do not.
    I join raids because I like them. Bosses are the best feature in the game for me. I don't raise raid bosses: I help you kill yours. I see that in many of the tier 3 players. Don't knock us all because of a few players.

17. CazG

CazG Member

Certainly not knocking tier 3 players, however if you're playing at that level you have exponentially more Stamina and Energy at your disposal compared to the lower tiers.

18. Kirsten

Low level new players can level like the speed of light,don't need to spend a dime, but they don't know any of the playes,(unless they of course are second accounts)and alot have no clue how a raid works, they kill it over and over and then go public,they then become targets on lists and whine in WC.

CazG likes this.
  19. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

I just came up with this idea as a sanction of perishing raids, I don't know if anyone has talked about this before, and it might look a bit silly. but anyway,
    How about this, we know after certain amount of health left in party health they will give us a warning. So I have these suggestions
    1. block attack feature after reaching 20% of raid party health left,
    problems with this is if another person start to attack with the intention of perishing the raid. to fix that may be the attack funtion should be disable for all until raid have more than 20%

2. first option might face with practical impossibilities. therefore how about giving negative xp per every attack plus portion of health added to party health: once someone bought party health down to 20-25%. ex: -10000 to -20,000xp per attack (depending on level) + party will gain some amount of heath at the cost of negative xp

anyway I was bored and I saw someone perishing their own raid for 7 times which made me to look deep in this issue. check who decided to perish his own raid 7x : http://forums.kanoapps.com/threads/raids.18555/#post-151226 :p:p

20. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

don't post publicly, problem solved.

Kirsten likes this.