Proving my point

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by abstoney98, Dec 18, 2012.

1. abstoney98

abstoney98 New Member

i just found out that my thread was removed........what am i not allowed to speak my mind and to give my friends and other players an explanation of my choice to not play the ALMIGHTY KANOs game.........
    i dont think i put anything in there that i didnt believe to be true....
    i did not use foul language nor did i point any fingers at any players.......

i thought the forums were here for all players to be able to get things out in the open..........but i guess i dont pay enough for that right as you have proven by removing my last post..........
    Hence you are proving my point about you all...you dont care about players or how they feel.........
    just because you dont agree with what i posted doesnt give you the right to remove it even without an explanation there is something called the freedom of speech.......
    Or do i have to pay for that as well........

so when you remove this post it will only prove that you dont care about your players and their concerns.......

2. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

Nor did my reply. But its gone. I was stating an opinion. I named no names. The only thing I said that was that the "fair" moderators would remove it. Which they did. You wonder why people dont use the forums?

3. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Hmm...I can wager a guess on which one it was....

4. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

I would think that "they" hear it all the time (support) and try to convey it to the "boss" at Kano in charge of these games. My own feeling (can you get that delete button ready), is that they do see a game economy and want to make the most people upset as they can with them and with the players with in the game, yet just not enough to cause us all to walk away.

To me the basic theme has to be fun and a challenge. The game is only fun when people play in fun. To the challenge element, that element is now secondary to the game I initially started playing over 3 years ago. That game required a lot of skill to play, to build an economic strength, to fight in battle and with your empire behind you. When folks can come along and instead of spending the odd 20-50 bucks, and instead start spending 200-500 dollars everyday to conquer the game, and if others play those accounts, the perception is "money talks." It should walk in an online game that depends on numbers to play it. If its only about sucking in cash players as it appears to be now, then the walks will happen more frequently in my opinion.

It is also my opinion that the game at the moment is at the most unstable it has ever been. I have seen 5 times in the past 2 weeks people listed and not die. I have seen and experienced this myself to where in the past it was a 1 in a billion zillion occurence. The bounty system breaks, the game is not worth a cent. I need assurance and there has still been no support reply to this.

Good luck Scott no matter what happens :)

5. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I told you guys a Mod did not delete it , so Travis no wrong this time

6. Terminator

Terminator Member

So So SO True!!!!

I think we all think that way, but fear the repercussions as most of us don't fund the game as some do. Hope that this post stays as it is truth. Thanks to the above poster for sharing.

7. Same ol' same ol'. Don't you know that you're not allowed to be critical of Kano at any point in time? And Kano wonders why people leave VC. Of course, it has nothing to do with the bots that get flipped on as soon as Kano leaves for the weekend, or the abundance of alt accounts that flaunt it, or the primary accounts that continue to play after thousands of levels of added benefits from those alt accounts (even after Kano has caught them), or the blind eye towards any other number of things that responsible companies take a hard line stand against (racism, hate speech, etc). Hell, the second place finisher in FB's battle arena from a few weeks ago was named "Arbeit macht frei". You know? The German slogan known for having been placed over the entrances to a number of Nazi concentration camps during the World War II, including most infamously Auschwitz?

NO!! NEVER!! You guys expect entirely too much!! LOL!!

*I* realized that "dedicated to making the game fun, fair, and balanced" doesn't apply to all a while ago. Do what I try to do. Ignore them and enjoy your game when you feel like it. VC can be addictively fun if you can ignore those other things.

8. Craig Day

Lord this pains me. But I may agree with Lawrence. They want me mad at him. If I am annoyed with him. In goes my 50 bucks. But I am at the point where I cannot or will not compete with people that are pouring money in. I spent money like all the other higher levels. But it is out of control now. Today about the only challenge I have is racing Larry on bosses. Whoopee. Kano you have every right to generate income but you also have the obligation to remove cheaters and I think to reveal who they are. Lets answer to the real customers the honest customers.

9. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

@ab I sent you an email explaining why the thread was removed, and have forwarded it to you through a forum message in case you were unable to receive it in your inbox. The gist of it was that your thread was intended as a message to us, and wasn't meant as a discussion topic, which is why it was removed.

The forums are absolutely the place for rational, civil, and respectful discussion, and we absolutely love and appreciate when players do so here. I can understand that you wanted players to know why you were leaving the game, and if you search the forums you'll see that there are threads of a similar nature still up.

If you'd like to start a thread announcing you're leaving the game, you're welcome to. If you'd like to include some issues that you feel have made the games less fun for you, that's also ok. Making broad generalized statements that are founded in speculation don't make good discussion threads, and I removed your thread and responded to you privately to help clear up some misconceptions that were apparent.

We absolutely care about our players, which is 100% of the reason why I'm employed here. It's actually incredibly difficult to show that we care in a way that all players across all our games understand, which is something I work very hard to do every day.

@Craig I didn't see that you'd posted a reply when I deleted it, and you must have done so right as it happened.

10. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

SPOT ON...well said Kel!

11. abstoney98

abstoney98 New Member

can you please email me you response...... or tell me where i can find this forum email............and i do mostly believe that i was trying to get some debate on my post...kano need to be able to see what people are thinking and if my issues are the same as many others that didnt get the chance to reply then how are things ever gonna change
    my email is [email removed to reduce likelihood of you getting spammed] free to send it to me

12. Wonder Bread

First off, I'd like to apologize that I don't type faster, as when I started my post only Ab and Craig had commented.

@Craig + TP I said above, but I wanted to reiterate that all of the deletion being discussed was all me, not our moderators.

@Kel I absolutely agree that games are only fun when they're played in fun. The reason that I work for Kano is that I absolutely love games of all sorts, and wanted to help players who also love games come together and be part of an awesome community.

@Ab That was the email I sent the original to, and I've forwarded to that address again. Spam filters occasionally block out our emails, so please check your junk folder and let me know if you still haven't gotten it. Also, I've removed your email from your post as we occasionally get spam bots in here and I don't want you to get spammed.

13. abstoney98

abstoney98 New Member

thank you and i sent a reply ....i hope that some fruits come from all of this .....and maybe in time and i hope ..things will change to bring back good honest players that do actually like your games.......that is my honest hope......

14. Craig Day

I respectfully disagree with your reasons for deleting the post. There is a lot of frustration going on right now. I also feel that sweeping the problems under the rug is not exactly encouraging discussion. Alot of long time players are moving away. This whole bounty issue is one of the reasons, also the alt accounts. You can delete my post Dan but the fact is those problems are here and will not go away. Think of how much "fun" we are having when we know that there peoples using bounty assists and healers and nothing is done. Or when we know there are alt accounts and the only the alt is suspended and the player is allowed to continue. For goodness sake people saw the offer to sell software to assist bounty hunting in chats. Well I have blown off my steam. See you again in here in 3 months

15. Yeah... the over/under on this thread getting deleted again is down to 3 minutes.

16. Wonder Bread

The deleted thread was phrased as a message to Kano, and didn't appear to be meant to encourage discussion on the issues, which is why it was treated as a private message and responded to privately. While this thread wasn't started ideally, it's clear it's intention is discussion, which is why it hasn't been deleted.

There are lots of places players can go to rage and be upset, but our forums are focused on discussion and encouraging the things that make player communities awesome: fun, respect, and fun. We have rules here to keep content interesting and valuable to the community, and in a format players can understand.

17. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

I missed the bounty harvesting software offer in chat referred to above. Hopefully it was sent in to investigate.

18. Ok. Here's some food for thought then. I'll let you in on what a lot of actual players see and think (not just the ones that spend the most):

1. Every weekend (when Kano is shut down from normal business hours), the bounty hunting and healing bots (on FB) come out. It's been that way for a while. The people at KANO (in my opinion) rely far too much on software to detect cheats instead of actually doing "eyes on" research.

2. Reports to Kano about cheaters is a waste of time for a couple of reasons. The first being that we already know we're going to get the same old form letter every single time. The impression that gives is that KANO doesn't actually care but wants to say something back just to shut you up -- no matter what you say. People look for results, not lip service. The results aren't there. Every week you say "we banned x number of players" but for all anyone knows, you're just making up some random number to appease the masses. The second is that not only do people see those same accounts continually play but the accounts they're linked to don't EVER get a punishment. I, for one, know for a FACT that Kano has seen actual screen shots from players being caught in chat *admitting* to having alt accounts or being logged in for someone else yet those accounts still play daily. This encourages alt use since people are starting to realize that they can make an account to do the bountying or slaps for you and not only do you get the chance to hunt for your own coin but you get to stay in relative anonymity from game reprisals on your main account and all without any real consequence (freezing someone for a week after they've been cheating for a year, isn't that big a deal no matter what you guys think).

3. No cap on the lottery has skewed the economics of the system but there's nothing you can do about it now because people have come to need the lottery in order to afford to bounty someone that's already figured out that spending a couple of thousand bucks to play the lottery themselves to increase their base bounty makes it unaffordable for those that don't. You should have just made buying coin with favor points 1 favor point instead of 10 to keep people from getting a quadrillion a day on the lottery. Pandora's Box is open now, though.

4. Bosses are out of control and need to be capped. Since the introduction of bosses, people have gone from battling to bossing. You tried to fix that with battle arena, valhalla vikings, and guild wars. While they've helped, the fact of the matter is that seeing a level 300 yeti is not far from happening if it hasn't already. Especially with you know who hammering away at those poor endangered creatures. :)

5. The lottery and bosses will eventually give the newer players an advantage over the higher levels as those people continue to exploit the system. I, for one, watched a level 3k with a bounty apropos to that level jump five thousand levels with an insane base bounty in a matter of months simply using those two exploits.

6. Kano not taking moral or ethical control of their products is disgusting to watch. Someone naming their viking a Nazi slogan is simply unacceptable to most companies. It seems to be allowed here (note that I didn't say encouraged). And there is no punishment for these types of behaviors. Most people don't like to see these types of things and want to use this game for escape. But as people get more and more personal with their attacks, things continue to devolve to the point that people are leaving because of it.

Those are just a few things for Kano to consider.

19. abstoney98

abstoney98 New Member

thank you blood eagle....... maybe you have brought to light more things for KANO to look at.....and hopefully they will do something to help control some of you issues as well as mine,,,,,,,,than you for being a lil more specific than i was...i was dealin with more emotion than i was trying to relate those same issues you have outlined...thanks again

20. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Well put Blood eagle