[LCN] 'Protection' from Griefers - Final #'s and Discussion (Out of Date)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Smack, Jul 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

everyone has that right to privacy if they so desire

2. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I understand that... just not sure I understand why you would be secretive regarding some accounts and not others...

3. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Perfectly legitimate question. Enjoying the success for as long as I have in MS has garnered me quite a few "haters". A lot of players play on both platforms or have moved from MS to FB, announcing my accounts on FB would get me a whole lot of unnecessary attention....lol. After I retired my first #1 account in MS and started over the haters came out in force trying to stop me.....of course they failed again and i went on to #1 again in record time but Im opting for a lower profile this time.

4. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I would be your friend on FB and keep your out of harms way :)

5. It's becoming apparent that people are getting 'grieved' I've had lots of messages about it from various people, so I can see a need for a SMALL bit of protection, because the ultimate goal is to keep the players playing and not lose any players, as well as being a positive experience for the new players of the game, having said that you've got to also look after the long-time players because the long time players are the one that have stuck with the game from day one, and without their input the games might not be half as good as they are today...

Why don't you increase the number of ambushes and rigs you can set? and reduce the cost of them instead of having no interaction between players, because IMO this is a feature that I can see being abused, for example I could hitlist someone and then block them from attacking me, now that would just make the other person really annoyed and unable to fight back.

Who would heal for 1000+ attacks? I'm sure these people who grieve others aren't sitting on their computers 24/7 trying to drive people out of the game, I think if people say that it's an exaggeration... having said that I can see it being needed, and I can also see it being abused by many. Just my standpoint :)

6. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

ya know good point, who would heal for 1,000 attacks, someone with no clue how the game works , hmmmmmmmmmmmm, or of course people using leveling partners would :p

7. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Oh, you're not supposed to heal up when someone is beating the heck out of you? I wish someone had told me that earlier... LMAO...

8. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

because if they are sitting on you as soon as you logg in the only way to play is ambush or logg off and dont play
    i agree with Dylan up the ambushes and lower the amount of rigs 50 a joke
    have 50 bushes instead but keep the cost the same so fair

9. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

If we felt that increasing ambushes would solve this problem it would have been done as that is a much less time and resource intensive change to make. At the end of the day there are *some* players who attack and list others relentlessly and by way of attrition can grind a player down no matter how many ambushes they set.

As for your example, an In-Range player would have to attack you 1000+ more times than you have attacked them in 24 hours in order for you to be able to be Protected from them. I see your point that you could Bounty then protect yourself but they have already hit you 1000+ times so although potentially frustrating they had a pretty good run of kickin your butt. But perhaps we could implement a "cool down" where In-Range players cannot protect themselves from someone they have placed a bounty on in the last X amount of time.

Thanks for the feedback.

10. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Personally from my experience, when someone wants to bounty me over and over , I let them till I get bored, usually 16 to 20 bounties and then they are out of coins, and in the meantime I can beat on them a few hundred times, (especially if they started it) while they keep doing it, in the end I am still alive lol and they are pissed, oh well

11. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I think I love you....lol nice post!

12. Joe Bloggs

Joe Bloggs Member

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

I've been away for 10 months, and things have gotten worse. Alts getting 30 day protection and now this. It is a fighting game. Fight back, ambush, rig, list or just log off and go and play IdiotVille.

Griefers? What next? Fight, fight, right!

One of these days we will be planting crops.

13. magicalblow

magicalblow New Member

I never been attacked more than like 500... and that was like twice. Plus Im not going to just heal for them to level up on me. So 1000 attacks is way too high. IF this update is geared for anyone its only for about 5% or less of the community of players

14. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Thank you to everyone for your feedback and insights. I think we have what we need to move forward. From this latest round of discussion it seems the Out-of-range threshold of 10 unretaliated Bounties against may be too low. What will likely happen is that this will be bumped up to 15 and closely monitored during the first week to ensure that it is not blocking out too many players.

Monitoring of how this feature is used will be the proof in the pudding for us to evaluate its effectiveness and how it can be improved. Stay tuned for a post when this feature is released at which point I will very much welcome all of your thoughts once you get your hands on it.

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.