[Other] Proposed World Boss Change

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Smack, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

We have seen some discussion that the World Bosses are not being defeated in the allotted time and that 4 hours is a long time to wait between attacks. While we do not want to alter how much XP, Cash etc is distributed we would like to make it easier to get more attacks in and propose the following.

Current System
    1 attack every 4 hours. For the sake or argument lets say that each attack pays out 100 XP and 100 Cash.

Proposed System
    Scale down time between attacks as boss level rises but also scale the rewards associated with them along the lines of:
    • Boss Level 1-5: 4 hour recharge - 100 XP + 100 Cash per attack
    • Boss Level 6-10: 3 hour recharge - 75 XP + 75 Cash per attack
    • Boss Level 11-15: 2 hour recharge - 50 XP + 50 Cash per attack
    • Boss Level 16-20: 1 hour recharge - 25 XP + 25 Cash per attack
    • Boss Level 21+: 30 min recharge - 13 XP + 13 Cash per attack

This is very much an "Idea" (ie: conceptual draft) so please discuss and we will see where this leads us.

2. Eraser

Eraser Member

Please leave that alone. I like my world bosses the way they are thank you!!!

3. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

I second that.
    Maybe extending the time by a day or so on the ones that tend to go critical would work.

4. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Agreed its perfect as is.

5. Eraser

Eraser Member

I do see what you are getting at... The bosses are hitting critical, and that would mean more attacks, and we could kill them more timely.

I dont see this as a solution to that, mainly because the world bosses with the highest level, are the one that die the fastest.

I think the devs should just suck it up and admit they messed up when they were determining how strong and healthy the bosses should be and correct them.

Although, bacons idea of adding days to them would be much more benefital to me :D I still think recalculating how much health they have would be more "right"

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  6. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Or just increase the damage that can be dished to them..

So if lets say you normally dish out 500,000 to them say increase it to around 800,000 or double it to 1,000,000.

Keep the exp gain and cash gain the same as before as to not throw that off balance.

7. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

shhhhhh I want more days added so we can get more attacks and better rewards :p

8. Eraser

Eraser Member

oooooo and dont forget that we would be able to have 2 at a time for longer :)

9. The Protector

The Protector Banned

More days works to.

Any suggestion here(other than Smack's...sorry there Smack)works.

10. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I like it the way it is as well. i like the fact that the dedicated players get rewarded more than others by sticking around and hitting it every 15 minutes in the last 24 hrs

11. Eraser

Eraser Member

nah, that doesnt reward the most dedicated.... It robs everyone but the few present at "kanos" midnight..

55 attacks on a world boss is dedication (thats what I will have on the carnival queen when it goes critical tonight) Going critcal means I will have a lesser reward than the world boss that is dead by the time I have 35 attacks in it.

although Id have to say, continuing to go criticial would be better than what is suggested in the OP./ at least its one of the few things that is an advantage for the eastern hemisphere.

12. slave

slave Member

in a different app ive been spending some time in....the world boss is handled a little bit differently
    the world boss is announced as spawning, and then everyone in the game can hit it every 30 seconds till it dies.....and they have all three world bosses in the game spawning every day.....it takes about 15-20 minutes to kill them off

i know this would be a radical change....but it works in the other app quite nicely

13. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

i think its a great idea....youre all thinking in the now...think about when the world bosses start to get up there in health and defense and we all start losing rewards cause we cant defeat them....10 from me

14. Eraser

Eraser Member

You lost that very nice "all at once" dependable xp boost tho. Very much degrades the value of a morning log in before going to work. Gotta sit around all 4 hours to get the same XP slowly like this.

Dont like that idea much at all.

Just increasing the amount of stamina we can put in it at the same time would help, it die faster without having to change how much XP we get in once nice chunk.

still seems like adjusting the health would be the right thing to do.

I put some number together, that I think anyone that votes on or discusses in this thread should read.

http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthre...s-about-World-boss-rewards.&p=82045#post82045

15. Eraser

Eraser Member

Hard Facts about World boss rewards.

Here are some hard numbers, Just some food for thought.

My last "Teen popstar"- fight time: 9days 7hours. (XP based on +30,000 less xp per level)

num attacks: 32
    XP gained: 843275

reward drops@ 25 percent= 210,819 xp

Total boss rewards= 1,054,094

Now, I will Modify the results from my teen popstar to show you the effects of kanos proposal.

dmg dealt: 6976548 (damage per hit not effected)
    num attacks: 32 (assuming I would collect the same number of atttacks before the boss died)
    XP gained: 109,626 (13 percent of the original XP)

kill drop rewards@ 25 percent= 27,407
    total boss rewards=137,033

Freshly dead Carnival queen Fight time 13days 3 hours 52 minutes.

attacks: 145
    XP gained: 1792887

before critical status:

num attacks: 55
    XP gained: 1670050

total "Critical xp"= 122,837
    kill drop rewards @10 percent=179,289

kill drop+critical=302,126

total boss rewards=1,972,176

If I DIDNT stay up to 6 am (still a 4.2 attack per day dedication)

Boss kill rewards @10percent=167,005
    Total boss rewards=1,837,055

Now for Imaginations sake, Lets estimate the rewards, if the bosses health was adjusted to die just 1 day sooner.
    I averaged 4.23 attacks per day. so remove 4 attacks, My last attacks where around 35,000 xp with the bonus.

num attacks: 51
    XP gained: 1530050

kill rewards @ 25 percent= 382,513

Total boss rewards=1,912,563

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  16. Eraser

Eraser Member

107,574 XP

hmmm... I had to check to make sure the collect rewards for critical bosses where actually 10 percent.... and it looks like they are just over 6 percent instead.

I always thought the same rules that apply to "regular" bosses apllied to world bosses as to how much XP you collect.

Thats messed up kano!!!! 6 percent? wth is that?

If an admin would please tell me how I would appropriatley adjust thees numbers. I would happily do so to make them more exact.

17. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

good point but i still think its a good idea...how about making a new world boss or 2 with the proposed changes in effect and leave the old ones how they are now? win-win

18. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Well this did not go over as I had thought but thank you all for the feedback and discussion.

Couple of points. We continually get messages through support from people who would like to engage the world boss more frequently to earn their attacks coupled with the fact they are becoming harder to kill hence why we brought forth the idea of reducing the time between attacks. However I do see the point being made that players like to log in and get a decent XP bonus for their World Boss attack.

How about the rewards scale depending on time between attacks. So if it is a level 21+ Boss and you have not attacked in 4+ hours (or this is your first attack on it) you will get 100% of your expected rewards (100 XP + 100 Cash) . You can now attack again in just 30 mins for 1/8th rewards (13 XP + 13 Cash) or wait an hour and get 1/4 rewards (25 XP + 25 Cash) or wait 2 hours for 1/2 rewards (50 XP + 50 Cash) or wait 3 hours for 3/4 rewards or the entire 4+ hours for another 100% reward.

What this will do is enable more damage/attacks on the boss if players are taking advantage of the shorter refresh time but not taking away the expected "bonus" of attacking it when you first login or have been away from the game for a while (4+ hours).

Round 2... Begin!

19. Eraser

Eraser Member

what about the "Largest level bosses dying the fastest part..." We dont need to attack those things faster for less XP...

that is just going to rob us of both total XP gained from the boss. and Time that we could get those very nice XP boost from them....

just wondering... Why oh why wont you just reduce the health? Doesnt seem, all that complicated of a think to do....

and if they get too strong again 6 or 12 ,months later... just cut them back again!!!!! the bosses can still get stronger over time, jut jump in the game and change the amount of health once in a blue moon.

too much to ask?

And aslo, If they want to hit the world boss more often. Why dont you just simply offer up a shot at the boss for UN, that doesnt reset your initial timer?

isnt that the standard way to go... find a way to make some money out of it?

20. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

I am not exactly following how this will "rob" you of total XP. That should remain the same. You could do an attack every hour for 4 hours for 4 x 25 = 100 XP or just do one attack every 4 hours for 100 XP.