[LCN] Proposed PvP Balance Changes - Sept. 20 2017

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Scoughman, Sep 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slightly is an understatement. :)

2. St.James

St.James New Member

Yesterday I was winning attacks against some player and today I lose by more than 4000 dmg

3. DumbDumb

DumbDumb Member

Kano, did you utilize common core math to determine your "slight" difference? Someone carried a zero, or this is the biggest rip off in online gaming I have ever seen. Over 60%+ swing in fighting result variance. I've gone from winning to losing, so my weapons purchases were indeed negated.

4. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

I don't know what your account looks like but if you have a lot of limited items and are now losing against some opponents, chances are those opponents have invested heavily into their Defence Skill. If that is the case there are surely A LOT of accounts that you can still win against. Also, moving forward if you invest in Attack Skill it will increase your effectiveness for all PvP attacks.

These changes are certainly going to affect some more than they affect others. But ultimately we are trying to do what is best for the game and create a PvP system that is engaging for new and old players alike. However I am very aware that not everyone is going to agree with this.

Kirsten likes this.
  5. DumbDumb

DumbDumb Member

Do you all play your own game and understand what you just did? Against some? I'm only beating people in my range more or less now, my weapons (which I purchased) have been effectively been stripped of any value. Especially compared to the benefit enjoyed when they were purchased. There is literally now NO REASON whatsoever to buy weapons - unless you want a slight edge against someone on your fight list. Then if they go attack/defense heavy the benefit seems negligible. I'm more than double my level on both attack and defense. The only higher level accounts I'm beating now are energy/boss accounts.

I've been talking to A LOT of very upset people, and this isn't unique to me. Moving foward? lol. The old timers were right. Fukc me for not listening to them.

6. Valerie

Valerie Active Member

Your changes are NO where near slight...they are IMMENSE and way out of line.......

7. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

It will be tough to continue this line of conversation due to the fact it will require specific examples of your account and those that you are fighting which is not appropriate for the Forum. However I think you might have already written our Support team about this which is a better place to have an in-depth discussion with you. If you have not written us then I encourage you to do so.

On a more general level we are getting an equal amount of feedback both for and against these changes. We will continue to listen to this feedback, monitor data and if need be communicate openly about any tweaks that might be coming.

I will fully admit that we waited too long before addressing the divergence of the roll of Skill Points and Items in PvP but that doesn't mean we shouldn't make any changes. Having said that if we have been too heavy handed we can explore scaling this back to give players the time to invest in their Attack/Def which would reduce the shock of this change for players like yourself.

Please give it a little time for more players to interact with this and I encourage everyone to continue to share their feedback.

8. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

Sounds like I'm in the minority here but I'm very pleased with the changes. I've fought the temptation of going heavy on energy/stamina so my attack/defense SP totals are decent. I suspect the players not liking the change are out of balance SP wise.

Kirsten likes this.
  9. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

i, for one, have not seen any change in my attack or defend characteristics.

Actually dumbfounded on what i did see: I attacked one opponent that is heavily built with bought items, and he beat me by 18.4 percent better defense. So i went and used an adrenaline boost and 10 stamina attack which is suppose to add 32% boost total in my attack, I lost that battle as well BY 16%. KANO PLEASE EXPLAIN THAT?

10. DumbDumb

DumbDumb Member

Again, I am more than double my level for both attack and defense. I built strength in all ways. If you didnt go full tilt with the changes we would have adapted. The terrifying thing is you are so out of touch with your own game you think these changes are slight. They are massive. Im alarmed that you originally wanted to do more. You really wanted to penalize us for spending it seems. I have examples of 60%+ swings. Others have even bigger examples. My 60% swings arent even against strong accounts. They would be bigger if I went further up the ladder.

If you are on my fight list, sorry you are all I have now. I didnt mess with you much before, have no choice now. Unintended consequences and all of that.

Final note, they didnt go all the way this time. They wanted to do more. As they will continue to increase weapon strength anything you buy will get devalued - as they are going to do this again. Be smart, save your money. If you do spend only do it to level. As someone that invested pretty heavily into weapons (well over 2M per side) I can tell you having a lot of them isnt going to help you like you think it will. Dont make my mistake. It's a very costly one.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  11. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

wow. i don't know what slight means to you... i won all my fights this morning. now, i'm losing 90% of them. i have not ignored my attack skill points. i actually expected to benefit from this change. #smh.

12. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

So here's an example of a fight I normally win big. Now I am losing. I have more mob, better loadout, stronger in all inventory categories but their personal strength is greater. What is it? 10,000? They are fighting with O'Connell armor, i'm Antarctic and higher.
    Something isn't right.

upload_2017-10-3_1-18-26.png

13. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

Here's another example. I included the weakest item in each inventory category. This isn't a slight tweak of a formula.

upload_2017-10-3_1-37-30.png

14. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

I am glad they finally took into account sp, which hasn't had that big of an impact before. Whether it is too much or too little, I am not the one to judge. So far two players have complained here, which is low compared to some of the other "changed" they have made.
    I've only really noticed a change on one player, that I now beat, which I didn't before.

15. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

I count 5 that have said the change is drastic.

16. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

Well I built My Mob on health as im after the highest punch i have the highest punch on kong, i brought weapons to balance the fact im all health and beat many ppl now i cant beat most i used to so did i waste £1000s of pounds on FPS to buy refills for boss drops and weapons ? i'm very disappointed

17. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

I count 5 that have over reacted based upon a small sample size. Finally not just the biggest wallet wins but actual strategy has value for a change.

18. kevinr

kevinr New Member

Nice to have skill points in attack and defense now!

19. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

I by far don't spend like the biggest wallet. I've put considerable skill points in health, attack, and defense. I've spent on refills for big boss drops. That was my strategy and it worked. I went from losing more than half the fights on my fight list to winning about 75% of the time. So this "slight" change negated that strategy. I'm certainly not going to spend more to see if it improves my fight odds now.

I think there's something wacky with the calculation.

20. DumbDumb

DumbDumb Member

Those of you that are happy kano screwed us out of money - no words. Twist this how you like, call it strategy, yup you whined and got some benefit while screwing others. We will remember.

Valerie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.