[LCN] Proposed Change to Pawn Shop

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Scoughman, Jul 30, 2016.

?

Should Kano allow people to sell back Limiteds that are 70% weaker than current for 20% FP?

Poll closed Aug 6, 2016.
  1. Yes!

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. No.

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

300/300 craft items would be nice, trade in for old GF items 10 to 12 fps. Even at 10 fps when we trade them in most are going to look for 17 fps item anyhow so getting a higher return is kinda silly so i would deal with 10 anything under 10 would not make it worth trading in items. If they was any lower than 10 you would have to trade in 3 items to get 1 and then you would actually start losing number in your overall, if they was 10 you would trade in 2 items and if you worked it right you would get 1 item of same strength or maybe a little more depending on how old the item is and open a new slot for another item, also at 10 fps it wouldnt be to bad to me to spend 7 and getting a nice item in place of a old junker actually making me wanna pull out the cc and spend. with only 5 fps like you offer i would not even think twice about trading anything in and we would still complain cause it would cost us more in the long run due to the total lose of 3 to 4 items to get just 1.

2. Sandy Barrows

Sandy Barrows Active Member

Let's face it - it was an idea - but not doable - so let's get stuff done that is - we are all waiting and waiting to see a decent plan and so far we are seeing nothing but vote for this that and the damn other - meanwhile we still losing players - come on the Devs !
    I wonder what's next on the agenda - can we fix the world boss for example and Focus on the real issues rather than maybes
    I am sick of the distraction theories - let's address some of the day to day things that have already been suggested - ie :- access to sister syndicates - rework the workshop address the new levels for high level players etc etc - loads of ideas have come in - none are being sorted

Kimbella likes this.
  3. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

I'm sorry it feels like we're not doing anything, Sandy. Right now I'm waiting on some analytics data from the game so I can confirm how many items are under that 70% margin, and how much FP would theoretically be put into the game by some of the % return rates we discussed. I want to make these changes based on the data to reduce the chance of us having to change the stats again afterward and make potentially retroactive changes. My ETA for this is mid-August (sometime next week.) In regards to other ideas, we're aiming to have raid boss changes in by the end of this month, and a fix for the boss and location drop curve before the next LCN location a month or two out. In the meantime there are a number of bugs we're squashing on the mobile apps and desktop as well, including a look at World Bosses.

4. Sir Opinion Alot

Also to help from further issues you might wanna slow down the rapid increase of stats on your items they have been jumping way to fast, this right here is part of the issue, we used to have a while before new items came out, its fine for the to come out with increased stats but lately its a way to fast jump, I like the old crates that stayed awhile like the offensive and defensive item crates that stayed for awhile. Keep crafting up to par with stats also, they are pathetic anymore they only add at the top maybe a 10 point defense add for me so it would take me 100 items just to bump my stats up with buying 3 limited items the boss items used to carry far more weight than they do now. Just remember what made this game great and kept us playing is being slowly tooking away from us.

5. Kimbella

Kimbella Member

I would say crafting in this game needs to take precedence over trading items into a pawn shop. If we could craft older items that have fallen off our list to make better useful items, long time players might have a fighting chance with all the new players that are coming here and flooding the game with crates and loyalty items after only being here a 100 days or so. Something has to change soon. I have seen so many talk about the need for the crafting to change. The items are already in our inventory just using up space. Why have a pawn shop at all...I just don't understand. I have invested so much money into this game. I don't want to trade my items purchased for 20% return on my money. I would like to see Kano look at this from a the standpoint of the veterans in this game. We have to have a way to combat what is now as I see it out of control with new players rising the ranks so rapidly and being able to fight and kill us unless we pony up a small fortune of money. We built our profile based on a very different game and we are begging for some assistance to re-balance the game we love or more and more are going to fall by the wayside. It should not be hard for the "Devs" to fix adding crafting items that can pull from our existing inventory. No FP's needed, if I want them I will buy them or I will earn them as I have always done but please, as I agree with Sandy, let's do this quickly before more Good Long Time Players are gone!! ;)

Backdoor Boo boo and Kirsten like this.
  6. Backdoor Boo boo

Backdoor Boo boo Active Member

Well said i agree get on with it so we all can enjoy the game again! not just the credit card cow folk!

Kimbella and Sandy Barrows like this.
  7. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

It would be nice to add another FILTER BY option to the stockpile filter, to show only the items that I can sell back.

View attachment 5519

8. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

that's exactly what we been saying about crafting sandy! finally we agree on something :)
    well you can do what you want with the pawn shop, i for one wont be using it, an I already stated several ways to help improve the game and make us happy also. when your ready to apply those suggestions then I will be interested, until then, they can just sit on the shelf collecting dust

9. Sandy Barrows

Less with the surveys please - more action - it's pointless running damn surveys - we need to see some decent improvements - you are all very bright people, I think you got the gist of feelings just now !
    About time to do something - I won't bore you with restating the problems it's gotten very old

Kimbella likes this.
  10. Sandy Barrows

Your enjoy being robbed ?? :p

11. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Me? LOL no... They don't robbed me at all, as I am not a big spender at all, but my long forum experience says, that they wont hear anything else then a Yes or No to their question. :p

12. Sir Opinion Alot

Well said

Sandy Barrows and Kimbella like this.
  13. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

It's off topic, so I'd like to make a new thread for this if we're going to discuss it much further, but what kind of crafting changes do you guys think are necessary to help resolve that issue? We are working on changing the strength curve for Boss and Location drops, but if we did changes to crafting it'd be tough to make items that are weaker than old Limiteds able to be crafted into usable stuff at the current level. I could be wrong but I have heard a lot more concerns about old Limiteds since I've been around than crafting recipes, so I've been trying to focus on the things that seem most urgent first. If I'm misunderstanding or the answer seems obvious, my apologies — think of it as an opportunity to set me straight on how things work ;)

14. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

that's all fine, but the things we are asking for could be done right away or at least within a month. we already told you we don't care for the crap with the pawnshop dealings, it just doesn't workout for us and isnt worth what your offering, how about working on some of the suggestions with crafting that I have asked for over the last few months and during this conversation. anyways you have a great day and keep plugging on, i'm sure sometime in the next eight or nine years, maybe you might actually listen and apply what we suggest to crafting and other things. we also are not interested in anything about the 70%. but you can wait if you want, myself I got other things to do. but I do appreciate that your at least trying something, even if its not what we suggested

15. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

very well said kimbella. and it would not be that hard for themto apply,very little cost also compare tot he cost of making new gifts or new designs for new limited items

Kimbella likes this.
  16. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

you are very wrong, suggestions to craftings has been over the last couple years even before the limited items came out. and are you not seeing what we have said here? we don't need new limited items at this point, we need new items to craft with that using up our old inventory that will at least match the new limited stats. but again, we will be ignored like usual and that's why on my mob lists, some of the highest levels that I trade with don't even play anymore and several of them have dropped down past the third page of my trading boss list which means they have stopped playing altogether. I am sure we could get them back if there was something done with our suggestions to offer them also. even with the amount of new people that came to the game, I am seeing a lot of them dropping out of the game also. so while a few of the newbies might replace a few of the older players, in the long run, your company will suffer also on the amount of players that's staying and maybe then when your income to the company starts to drop, or people start boycotting the game, you will finally listen to the suggestions we make. I am merrily pointing out what I am seeing, both as a company owner myself and a investor in other games too.

17. Sir Opinion Alot

the crafting is a whole other subject I agree its been said before, its not only purchased items we see are weak. Games was based around social aspect meaning boss rewards and being in a circle was the best way, yes buying items help along the way. Over the years it has changed. We have thousands upon thousands of useless items(non fps items) that we need and would like to see something useful out of it. And for loyalty Items they are outta wack, I am in the Alex. Tier and when i can buy the 250 ones i cant remember what they are but i use them for armor defense. But my point as long as i have played and bought things done challenges, boss drops etc. i should never be able to use the lowest tier of loyalty points. This basically gives a low level or new player a very good item to buy in insane amounts. There are alot of aspects of the game older players to the oldest are seeing and with some of this comes along with the high levels that i dont think kano ever had the chance to play and actually be active everyday, those are the ones that see and can tell the difference. These are the ones kano needs to remember there was a reason why we stayed for that many years and we might actually help you out.

maddog1122 likes this.
  18. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

why would it be so tough to use weaker items, you have four slots for gift items to craft one new item. and most of the time you only use two of those spots to craft a item, so if you took one of the higher items to match the stats of the higher limited or gear that you would use to craft with and two or three of the weaker gifts, then actually it would work out to your advantage to give us what we want.. so say you use a very old limited item, maybe something around 150/150 stats, you give us something like 200/150 gear, you also have to use say the Pontiac car and some thing off the purchase inventory list, and another old gift item, or three old gift items, that would make it pretty even or maybe a little to your advantage, it allows us to get rid of the old gifts, and also a older limited, we get a better gear, and that leaves us fb points we can use to buy even more new limited items with. we get some satisfaction and save some fb points to spend on other things or maybe on raids, and we clear out some of the old stuff that we cant use, win/win on both sides

19. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

well said also sir

20. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

on my fight strength list, I have 12 pages of older gears when you print the list out that has not moved off the fight strength list very fast beuz I have nothing to craft to move them off with and it would cost me a small fortune to buy enough higher gear to even move some of them and we are speaking about over a thousand or more to move even one or two items off the fight strength list. new crafting gear to match some of that old gear or a little higher would allow us to get a little stronger and also move some of the older stuff off those lists so they would be available to use also to craft with would also shrink my inventory lists down too so i don't have to search thru so much stuff. with being to move some of that stuff off our fighting lists would also allow us to compete with those who spend a lot of money from the newbies also and be a lot more fair to all players. simply becuz not all can afford to spend as much as i can or others can.

Kimbella and Sir Opinion Alot like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.