Proposed Change to Guild Wars - Your Thoughts?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Considering its a competition it should be about winning. Points and drops can easily be had elsewhere in the game.. If its making it more difficult for some to cheat or at the least making it more apparent to Kano while allowing legitimate guilds to compete in a competition as it was designed to be than Im all for it. I for one would gladly sacrifice a few peanuts for the good of the game as a whole and to allow legitimate players/guilds to win.....but thats just me.

2. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I don't care about drops, in the war, or the arena. holds no interest for me,but XP is a good thing to get especially the higher the level.

3. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

What Gene said!!

4. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

5. ben

ben Active Member

There should be at least 15 in a group to join the war.... I'll agree on a min number and it should be 15.

6. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Or it could be for the xp. We get top 20s in LCN and Pirates each time, and we don't even have 15 in Pirates. We have even less in Vikings, but it's still worth it to join for the xp. Not all of the smaller guilds are alts or full of cheats, as a matter of fact it would be exactly the opposite. You don't need a full crew to do decently as a group in the wars, but you do need at least 10 dedicated, active players. Very similar to the arenas before the slider. I had almost no chance for a top 50 ranking in the arenas, but I used to join them all the time when I could get some xp out of it. You can't get much xp when you only last 5 minutes, which makes it pointless unless you can log on from work or in the middle of the night. I could care less whether or not this loophole is closed, because there are plenty of other ones that are being exploited, so the removal of this one isn't going to make much of a difference. I would prefer that the wars be left alone, because I'm concerned that any changes that are made will make them useless as the arenas are to most of us now. Especially if a minimum member requirement is implemented, because this will make me unable to participate in the wars at all in 2 out of the 3 games I play.

7. Off The Reservation

Off The Reservation New Member

I agree with Gene!

8. Radu

Radu New Member

i agree with SN...give them 0,75 w-points for every guild which commits suicide on them. Why not giving up the kill reward to the guild they are hitting to die on !?

TSV

9. Radu

Radu New Member

Hahaha...TGD is afraid of losing...why that? nobody anymore in there to heal up others who don't "have" fp's ?

BR,

The Sarcastic Viking

10. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

No no limit on how many join from their faction,guild,armada,etc some people are bare min players and are not interested or want to invest the time,in the war, sometimes in VC we get maybe 5 players who join it, would not be fair to the ones who want to play,as it is the real competitors switch armada's in PC all the time, leaving theirs to join a strong armada ,just for the wars, and then go back to their regular armada'/guild/etc. Anyone has the right to participate and yeah not everyone is an alt or a cheater, it really is only a small % of people that ruin things for everyone else ,not unlike anything in life.

11. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

yep... I am afraid, after you left we lost almost every time :)

12. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Thanks for the feedback folks! I'm closing this thread off for now so the developers can go through and read it. We might open it back up at a future point to allow for more discussion. Thanks again! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.