Proposed Change: Arena Rankings and awards given at end of Arena

Discussion in 'Implemented Ideas' started by Wonder Bread, Jan 25, 2013.

1. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

I'm going to give you a tip on what to do when you don't like who's winning. Start winning yourself.

2. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Well the way I see it is that you have two options. Get better and win yourself, or suck it up and realize that the winners deserve their spot.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2013
  3. Mini I will Rule

Mini I will Rule New Member

I kinda dislike this foreseen change, I am a busy person, and only really play this game for fun, so I am limited to about 1 hours worth of gameplay a day.
    I have only had the times align to my schedule about 4 times, and that is quite unfortunate.
    Whenever the arena is on and I have some free time, I mostly find myself dead, or lucked into a <100 position.
    I am all for reducing the rewards for people that do <100 attacks, but I kinda find it kind of unfair if their death rank is scrapped...
    After all, it is all about who survives the longest, if people die early on, but do mass attacks, why should they be ranked higher than an inactive?
    I may have mis-interpreted the OP, but that is my two cents.

4. slave

slave Member

your kidding right justin?

the reason the same players or the same group of players is always winning or top 3 or top 20 is because they stay up, they play, they learn what to do to be successful and they put enough time into the game to get strong enough to be able to do all of those things.

why would you put time into this game and then let people win who havent?

riddle me that batman....

5. Karess

Karess Member

I think this is fair. Generally, in any competition, the awards are not given until all participants have completed.

Think of the tournament as a marathon event - anyone can sign up to compete, but people who don't show up to run do not earn a ranking.

It isn't like the tournament date and start time is a surprise held back until you sign up - if you don't think you will be able to participate then don't bloody join.

I like the idea of all prizes being held off till the event is over. I wonder how many times I (or others) would have been eligible for a higher tier prize after the non performers had been weeded out?

I remember forgetting to even show up for the first several arena's I'd signed up for and getting great rewards for a few of them. Tho I'm not complaining (no give backs!) it really didn't feel very fair that I should receive rewards simply for escaping the attention of other players for an extended period. Someone who puts effort into it should always place higher than someone who clicks once to join and never shows up to compete.

6. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

After a rather extensive amount of discussion on this, I'm finally moving it to considering.

7. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

The pros far out way the cons. In fact I dont even see any cons, most arenas last less than a day....so big whoop if people gotta wait a few extra hours. The other debated "con" is just silly, if u dont get 100 hits u simply dont deserve anything, the 100 attack limit is already ridiculously low. Inactives get a reward for entering and that probably more than they deserve, it costs time and stamina to actively participate...those players deserve the better rewards. The whole idea is to have people actually sitting in front of their PC or Mac and actually playing Kano games is it not.....why on earth would u want to reward those that arent?

8. The Protector

The Protector Banned

I remember a specific arena(myspace pirate round 3)

You guys dragged it out the full 3 days on purpose.

There was another incident in myspace vikings where it was intentionally dragged out again.
    so needless to say I can see that as a con making others wait when a arena gets intentionally dragged.

9. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

yep, but that was just to try it out for the most part (the arena was brand new at the time), a few other times we dragged it out a bit because we were all tired as hell (so we went to bed) from being active the entire time killining mostly inactives that at the time still got top 50 rewards.

In the end ...even if it went the full 3 days i still dont see it as a "con", they are still gonna get their rewards...just a lil later. If they were inactive or largely inactive its not as if they were trying anyway and they are lucky to get rewards at all.

10. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

even if it does get dragged out the full 3 days it only helps everyone that gets rewards since they are level based

11. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Level 50 rewards for the inactive made this implemented as well LOL, along with the slider.

12. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Any idea on when to implement this?