Proposed Change: Arena Rankings and awards given at end of Arena

Discussion in 'Implemented Ideas' started by Wonder Bread, Jan 25, 2013.

1. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Well if you're in that arena and find your rivals early on,you knock them out if possible dont you?

You knock them out early to prevent them from ranking in reward tier right?

What's the point if they'll get in reward tier with this change?

It would of been for nothing.

Unless the reward tier is reworked after the ranking is complete.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  2. slave

slave Member

how do we know who our rivals are?

3. The Protector

The Protector Banned

I'll admit that some games you can't tell.

In other arenas however,the kill reward and avatar can give em away.

4. David Stroud

David Stroud Member

Giving people under 100 hits nothing does not solve the problem about how to get the people to participate. I have stopped participated because when I do get into the arena? I found that I am already eliminated. how is that fair for the ones who want to participate, but get knocked out before they could get involved? Look at Zombie Slayer on MySpace? That have very few people really participated in it anyways, and taken away any ranking awards will drive more people away from participating which does not give the ones who do any good without people to beat on. How can you remedy that? Start the arena at random times? That could be better which could give new people a chance to be #1 everytime, and a chance for people to participate without being knocked out right away. I give it a 1 ranking because of the issue of not getting people a chance to even participate.

5. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

10 Stars from me

6. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

David, enable the def mode before it starts if you know the timing is not good for you , then you have a chance of still being alive. It can be enabled at any time before the start, even when you sign up.

7. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Depends on his defense. I have a defense time of 5:41. Does not help me at all

8. The Protector

The Protector Banned

If reward tier was reworked so those knocked out early still got nothing,then i'd bump to a 5.

As is though,its a 1 star.

The point of knocking someone out early is so they don't get in the reward tier.

Reason it would be a 5 not a 10 that i posted tiredly...is that inactives deserve a rank if they beat the odds.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  9. I can't believe that players of VC want to receive credit for joining the arena without actually playing. Next you will want to receive XP for average hit's from everyone else in the game. Last arena I stayed up all night with my mates and battled through 91 kills and 52,120 attacks to try and get a place. Be serious and play the game or stop whining. You can see by my number of previous posts that this really gets my goat engage with the game or not but please don't expect something for nothing.

10. Eraser

Eraser Member

Not in the game that I play, The reason for knocking somone out early in FB ZS would be that they will be a threat to you in the later game. Inactives are nothing but someone to kill.

11. The Protector

The Protector Banned

And knocking out a threat early is why they shouldn't receive a reward.

In the game I play,arena goes 1 of 2 ways.We win it by knocking our rivals out early OR they win by getting us.

Getting knocked out early should mean no reward.

Still PLENTY of inactives to go after after the threat(s)are gone.

So yes,if inactives make it up for whatever reason,they deserve a rank as they had the biggest disadvantage.

12. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

10 from me, you want to get a reward for doing nothing? lol not happenin...quit bein so lazy and hit someone 100 times, it takes under a minute so no argument you can throw out will change that. stop being lazy or dont enter

13. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

There is but a handful of players in each game that are known with out a doubt....its by far the minority. So one side knocks the other out.....big whoop, it will allow for the low to mid levels that are actually getting in there and mixing it up with big boys and girls a legitimate shot at some decent ranks and rewards.......like they deserve. The one that do nothing in the "BATTLE ARENA" deserve exactly what they put into it.....nothing.

14. PaganWench

PaganWench Active Member

Exactly! 10 stars from me. Even though I've been an entrant who failed to go participate but still won stuff, I've still maintained all along that if you don't attend the party, you don't get any party favors. We all get a bit of stamina just for signing up - if you don't actually go into the arena and fight, that should be all you get. We all love getting something for nothing but that doesn't mean it's fair. People can sleep through the whole arena and outrank those who actually went and worked hard for the rewards - that's ridiculous. 100 minimum hits isn't much to ask and if you can't even be bothered to give the arena a few minutes of your time then you don't deserve rewards.

15. big john klad

big john klad Member

ok i'm give this one a ten been having fun in them just battling with freinds ,i know in the arenas i was very active an had lots of kills i was all ways found an taken out ,but the one thing i have never liked is people who give out there names to friends an are let in the top for reward an never even play at all ,so no rewards lol i would play more ,so it's a 10 out of 10 an oh yea to polish i let it be know who i am ever time no watter my rank lol 341 last one lol

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  16. polishpimp

Even though Im one of those players that does know who certain players are and purposely avoids killing them regardless of whether they have been active or not ....I completely agree with you John. I think it would be much fairer even if my own guild mates and friends who didnt participate rank below those that have been active...even if that means a rival does well. The way weve always tried to do it is ....with those that remain to place them in order of activeness, with the possible exception of a fellow guild member.

Why do we do this? because we can and also to exploit a flawed system in hopes that Kano will do something about it. The way its currently set up is to reward inactivity and luck. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that an active player is more of a threat than an inactive player so they end up getting killed first.

17. big john klad

big john klad Member

all though i would love to make it in the top 100 it's don't matter to me it's all about the fun in trying lol an hay if i could help a guild mate get there i would an thank you for under standing my point ,i only get in an get so drops an then battle it out with a friend for levels ,an would mite try if the ranking an rewards we given out on where you went out but on attacks an kills ,there would be alot more active player i think if this was the case

18. Demonik1

very good point john, i dont think placement alone should determine where you rank...amount of attacks and kills should play some part even if it is a minute one or maybe even a set of rewards for the most attacks or kills SOMETHING...kinda sucks to have the most attacks and kills in an arena and place 4th, i believe that was the last time i played seriously instead of just playing for drops and levels

19. polishpimp

"i dont think placement alone should determine where you rank".... i sure hope u meant health and not "placement"....lol

I agree that other things should be considered when determining rank, and if this new system is implemented I think it would be easier to do that. But health should be the largest factor in determining rank. Kill rewards are based on how strong an opponent is, not just anybody can take down some of these behemoths. Number of attacks is important and certainly worthy of ranking above inactives but I would think the number of attacks by itself would be more worthy of a " participation" award like those they gave out in school rather than the actual trophy for winning. Kills another good factor but a minor one as snipers dont deserve much....lol

20. Demonik1

lol fill in the blank, i just think a little more should go into it than what currently does