Proposed Change: Arena Rankings and awards given at end of Arena

Discussion in 'Implemented Ideas' started by Wonder Bread, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

As you probably know, Arena ranks and rewards are currently assigned and awarded as soon as you are knocked out of the arena. While this is quite convenient for players, it does cause a few issues that would be solved by giving out everything at the end.

Why this would help:

-This change would be much easier on our databases, which would put a much lower strain on our servers during arenas, especially during the earlier stages.
    -There are occasionally issues that result in rankings being off or duplicated. Calculating these all at the end would theoretically avoid this, consequently preventing a lot of confusion.
    -Players under the 100 attack threshold wouldn't take up a rewards/ranking slot, as they wouldn't rank or receive any rewards

Possible reasons for not implementing this:

-Would take longer to receive rewards, which could be up to 3 days after the start of the arena.
    -Players not meeting the 100 attack threshold would not receive any rank or reward (I realise that this is probably going to be the main discussion point, but please try to take into account the positives when discussing)

Let us know what you think!

2. The Protector

The Protector Banned

You're right to a certain point about 100 attack being the problem here.

Some players intentionally find the threats early to knock them out to prevent them from ranking in reward tier.

If the ones with no attacks dont get a rank,then the effort could have all been in vain.

3. Eraser

Eraser Member

10 from me.

Ive noticed that the last two arenas, the attack speeds have been terrible at the beginning, and get better over time.

Ive also noticed the random factor struggles at the beginning, like only a certain amount of people make it to the battle list, and more is added later.

(although it seemed that the throttle code being put into place is when things went wacko in arena)

If thees two things can be absolved by this, 20 stars.

And yes. Those who do nothing deserve nothing. Im not arguing this, because it is self-evident.

4. Eire Bloodrinker

Eire Bloodrinker New Member

I am most definitely not in favor of this proposed change! Frankly I could care less when I get my awards, that's not the issue. I think its pretty bogus that you want to take points from those who don't meet their 100, but rank. If those of us who happen to win our ranking by not playing then so be it. And why am I so in favor of this you ask? Well frankly I find I rank much better when I don't actually play the damn arena. How dare you attempt to take this from me and those like me! I find picking a rude obscene name and laying low is what works for me. And I'm not alone in this. There are many others like me. And I promise you we will fight this with our dying viking breath! Listen here Mr. Wonderbread what is it to you if we rank with without playing? Do you have some hidden interest here we should know about? I'm watching you buddy..... So leave us lazy vikings alone... We need the xp and paltry two trillion we get off our alleged arena rankings! Viva la lazy vikings! All lazy non caring apathetic arena battlers unite!

5. Eire Bloodrinker

and how come you guys got all this special crap under your name and all mine says is recruit? That's some b.s. lol

6. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

You are a recruit because you only have two posts here on the Forum. Your rank will change the more you post.

10 from me. Great Job Kano!

7. Eire Bloodrinker

Yeah yeah I kinda figured as much. Whateva whateva I do what I want! Frankly in all of the three years I've been playing this game not one post mattered or was interesting enough for me to jump in. But this gets my goat! How dare you Kayno! I will fight this. I will rally all the troops I can muster and we will stand against this oppression!

Do not go gentle into that good night....
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dutchman likes this.
  8. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Hehe I love it.

Said it before and will say it again,if inactives make it far,it's only because the actives didn't want to knock them out for whatever reason.

So inactives making it far is the active players fault in 1 way or another.

9. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Easily one of the best ideas Kano ever had. This was suggested long ago...glad to hear it will happen. Finally those that deserve and contribute nothing will get exactly that.....NOTHING ;p

As far as the players arguing that its messed up that they wont rank....give me a break! If indeed they dont care about rewards but only rank....then they would reveal their names yet they dont.

Why bother having a vote, if its going to help the overall performance of the system.....just do it

10. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Wonderbread. Am posting for a player who has had issues on trying to get into the forums and create an account we have talked about them in the past. But there concern over this new feature which they can read but can't comment is that if we have to wait that certain time period to receive the rewards and a database failure happens and your not able to recover everything 100 percent which does happen in games they would lose out on everything they have earned in the arena. So many players need to realize that could be an issue with waiting on receiving the rewards all that effort and hard work you put into it could be lost from a simple glitch in having to wait to collect.

11. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Whoever that was for...........................another good point.

12. Eire Bloodrinker

Don't hate on us pimp... you always win anyways so frankly I think your opinion should have no weight here. As far as the name thing goes its way more fun looking at peoples stupid names and trying to figure out who the hell they are. What would be the fun if everyone joined with their real name? Besides you rarely use your real name yourself. You've done this what once?

13. polishpimp

That could happen to any aspect of the games even now....what diff does it make? The end rewards are so meager anyways...it wouldnt be the end of the world except for the top finishers (which im sure would be fairly easy to figure out anyways). The players would still get the XP and SP earned along the way.

14. Eire Bloodrinker

Hell yeah! I knew there was a reason I loved you, and not just because you agree with me most of the time, but your intelligent, reasonable and damn good looking! lol

15. polishpimp

Ive never used my real name in the arena. JJ and i swapped names once. I always (most times anyways sometimes i forget) reveal my name at the end of an arena regardless of how i place. Im not suggesting that we all use our real names, you said u didnt care about the rewards only rank.....what diff is your rank if nobody knows?

16. Eire Bloodrinker

Who cares who knows? I know.. and my viking knows when she's receiving that sweet sweet cheddar.. Frankly thats all I care about.

17. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Lets try and keep the thread on the OP, please. No need to be calling people out or make anything personal.

18. Eraser

Eraser Member

They have backup servers now, Thats why when the game crashes our bounties dont reset, our rivals are still in tact etc. etc.

19. polishpimp

sy about that, feel free to delete the ones of mine off topic...including this one. ty

20. slave

slave Member

this change is way overdue

how is it fair that because im still in the arena, and others who exited out before me were able to get their rewards before me?

how is that remotely fair? all rewards should be given after the COMPLETION of the event, in most events that is known as the rewards ceremony.....

and if this change improves performance who would not want that? since performance since the almighty throttle has been lacking is an understatement.

and if kano ever gets with the program and puts in incentives to eliminate inactive accounts, god only knows ive given some great ideas on that we will no longer have to hear people whining about them not getting anything for not playing

get in the game....
    people that dont participate get non particapatory rewards, like join xp, that is all they should be getting

thats my humble opinion