Positive General Suggestions and Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Birkebeiner, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

After an infestation of Raid Bosses and and a new Battle Arena sink hole; maybe we, the players, should try to discuss general game mechanics and come up with some positive suggestions for all aspects of the game and for all players. Everyone wants to fight for their own views, and their own builds/clans/friends and ability to spend on the game, so the challenge is to make general suggestions aimed at making the game fun for all players.

To kick off. It'd be nice to see a more linear level progression (taking into account FPs and time spent - the "cost"). Right now, new players level quickly to over 1000 levels, then the cost to level becomes much higher, and it seems, dependent, on events, like GW, BA, and RBs. An additional , but complimentary, challenge would be to value the character attributes (energy, attack, health, stamina) more equally - allowing players to play the type of characters they want and still level at a "competitive" pace. The flip side of the levelling challenge is the levelling express enjoyed by a few higher level players who're able to capture all the event rewards.

Let's see how we do in coming up with some more general suggestions and if we're able to make positive contributions to others' input. Maybe we can all help Kano avoid future fiascos like the recent RBs and the ongoing BA.

2. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

Birk - your suggestion is an admirable one. Problem is that KANO is again showing they do not want to listen to their customers. I hate to be so negative repeatedly. But it's true. I've tried - and gotten nowhere. Tis why I'm so fed up, and why I now come across as so nasty. Seems they won't listen to anything else.

3. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

Birkebeiner ...I applaud you for that post..many of us have the same frustration...new or old to the game...some of the "new" things added to the game have become money pits...Yes , i understand its a business (Kano) and needs to profit..but when the average player can not even compete in theses sub games it makes for a bad taste for them...then the bad attitude sets in...my opinion is Kano should be focusing on brining up the game to remain interesting while adding new features...new features should be fair and balanced and not pushed on us and stated WE asked for these changes....i find it difficult to find the requests for such changes or the support...

Birkebeiner likes this.
  4. Birkebeiner

Maybe it'd be possible, somehow, to poll players to find out what type of features they'd like to see. That way, any new features/additions/changes "foisted" on us would indeed be in response to players' requests. It's not hard to do a poll.

5. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

I think Kano should take 3 topics of change they are willing to discuss and set a few times and dates to be available, either as themselves or thru mi7ch

Lasinagol and Birkebeiner like this.
  6. Birkebeiner

You're thinking Kano should have something along the lines of "scheduled live chat" on a topic? It'd be a nice gesture - especially if the transcript could be posted for people who weren't able to see it live. It'd be a good way to discuss larger issues - when it comes to implementation, the devil's always in the details.

George Burd likes this.
  7. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

A live discussion with the developers would go an extremely long way in management/player relations...or even a forum discussion.

8. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

a meet the makers with a lil more actual invovement, with prechosen topics. maybe a once a month kind of meeting

Lasinagol and Birkebeiner like this.
  9. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

cant be very positive looking at kano making it about money spent instead of constant hard work done for months/years...

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  10. S E T H

S E T H Active Member

Personally, i think this is a great suggestion. If and when i come up with a few ideas, i'll be sure to post them.

11. Birkebeiner

Current "trending" topics seem to be around cheating and cheats. While most players appreciate the freedom to post in the forum without Kano moderators having to take an active role - I'd like to propose that Kano be more active in responding to "trending" topics - whatever they might be. As an example, the debate around cheating makes it sound like everyone is a cheater - which surely is not good for the games; it's certainly not good for player moral. The right Kano input can improve matters and build a more positive atmosphere. Players need to see Kano taking action sooner and in a meaningful way.

George Burd and LaScepter like this.
  12. Birkebeiner

I'd like to propose price parity between item and FPs offers (I'm posting this because of the summer offers).

Here's an example:

3 May Officer Crates for 98 Favor Pts.or Buy 17.00 USD which is 13% off Favor Point price

- or -

50 FPs for 7.00 USD which is a 30% saving - would be 14.00 USD for 100 FPs, which would purchase the above crates and give an "additional" saving of 3.00 USD.

Not sure if everyone gets the same offers, but it's cheaper to buy the FPs on sale than it is to buy the item packages on sale. Problem with this isn't that people have to do their own price checking, caveat emptor etc, but that people, when they realize they've paid more than they needed to, feel like Kano have been less than helpful (I am possibly putting this mildly).

George Burd likes this.
  13. Eric Thunderbone

Eric Thunderbone Active Member

You only get the discounted rate the first set of FPs you buy. It goes back up to ten bucks for the next set

mi7ch likes this.
  14. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

@Eric Thunderbone is correct, that 30% discount is temporary, once you buy FP it disappears (it can come back under certain conditions). So if you have purchased FP recently the Crate discount makes more sense. :)

Also if people would like to contact Support about refunds or have questions about purchases we will be more than happy to help them out. :)

George Burd likes this.
  15. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

The summer offers happen here and there usually with a different name depending on which holiday or season they occur in, they are usually for a limited time . They are a good deal for the limited time they are offered.

16. Birkebeiner

Thanks for the comments on this. Just want to highlight that if someone wants to spend 50FPs on a sale item, they're better off purchasing the FPs rather than the item, maybe it would make sense to have the number of sale items limited, as per the FPs purchases, and make the discounts the same - to avoid, for example:

May Command Crate
    50 Favor Pts.or
    Buy 8.50 USD
    15% off Favor Point price

vs.

50 FPS for 7.00 USD

George Burd likes this.
  17. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

I go into my average big brand store and not one of them will have everything at 30% off. One table will have 40% off with of course a a stack of items on that table, regular priced, or another table will have select 2 for 1's or buy one get 50$ off the second*** with asterisks all over, with again non-sale items there too. They will say "marketing" at the cash register if you get shafted. Of course, once fooled is usually the last time as well once you learn what that brand's willing to do.

Here? I don't see a any parallel problem with what Kano does. What you pay is well posted and they do seem to do a good job at this.

The rest of the stuff ... as the game has evolved (unlimited hits in BA, unlimited hits in Raids, lack of incentives between modes, penalties versus banning for repeated cheating by "whales') is not my cup of tea but may fit others. Good thing for them :)

George Burd and Kirsten like this.
  18. Birkebeiner

was just trying to make a suggestion so that no one had cause to feel "fooled" and calling it quits... I agree the prices etc are well posted.