Point of Unlocks/Power Attacks?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ATHEISTIC SATANIST, Sep 13, 2010.

1. someone tell me what the point of unlocking all the boss power attacks is.seriously you get more exp by killing the thing yourself.

if you're not strong enough to take it alone then,of course,ask for help.but why would you want a full house in there when you and possibly just 1 or 2 other players can kill the thing and maximize the exp gain.

more that join the battle=less exp payouts in the end.

if im wrong on this,please correct me.

2. Thats the way I see it too. I've been kicked out of clans for attacking too much.

Now I do three attacks on everything I see for the XP. Plus so many in my clan are fighting high number bosses, I'm only doing enough damage for 100xp on a lot of them. The extra xp at the beginning and collecting 100xp when the boss is killed makes it worth it.

3. thanks for your input on this.i would like to see more input from others.

what makes a power attack so special?after the boss is dead it resets.

4. There is no benefit, in fact total rewards are diminished. Total boss rewards are based on how fast the boss dies and individual rewards are based on the number of hits taken/damage done plus extra for being the boss owner. As I said in the other thread usually ppl that want locks do so because of misconceptions or to spread higher level weapons around. The one boss of mine that I try to do that with (Fire Dragon) I am completely honest what I'm doing, spreading weapons, and I do respect the wishes of those that ask for locks on their boss feed I just don't bother with them in any other circumstances.

5. Vampryss

Vampryss Guest

Top Poster Of Month

It's been several months that I've been playing around with the Unlock Features of various bosses on both Pirate Clan and Viking Clan and I have to ask the same question. I don't see the value of the Power Attack weapons. By the time everyone has joined & done the minimum damage the Boss is almost dead anyway. Rendering the Power Attack weapon almost useless.

Currently, we don't get to keep the weapon for the next level or for our inventory.

It would be nice, if the Boss owner could keep "One" of each of the Power Attack weapons since we work so hard in getting the use of them unlocked. i.e. gathering enough players to help without killing it first.

Anyone else have any thoughts or additional ideas on this?

6. now if you could keep at least 1 of them then just MAYBE it would get used more.

but as of now it is utterly pointless to try for them.

7. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

Well, in Pirate Clan the ONLY way to craft the Mardis Gras Beauty (a MUCH better matey than you can get otherwise at that level) is to HELP with the Sea Hydra. The Matey will NOT drop for the owner. That's the only exception I can see to killing the boss yourself.
    So I try to open that boss every chance I get and share it with my clan.

But the thing that bugs me the most is when I share a boss (VC example the Trickster Fairies) SOLELY for the purpose of good helper drops and some player (super-high like level +3000 or total newbs like level ~200...it's not a specific type of player) comes in and wipes it out in the first five minutes before any other player can attack. And I ALWAYS post damage limits in the Boss Feed and in EVERY attack request I make.

Following your reasoning (assuming the players are intelligent) they should argue that they were trying to maximize the XP given. Sadly, replies are either "I don't care what you say, it may be your boss but I can do whatever the hell I like!" (but in text-speak and with plenty of cursing) or "Sorry, didn't know I was supposed to look at the Feed. I'll remember for next time."

So MY thought on the matter is to post rules for each boss in that boss's feed...setting damage limits if you're sharing drops or asking players who join to do as much damage as possible if you are going for experience. And if people ignore those rules (depriving you and other players of boss rewards) then you kick them from your clan. Only the first 1000 players count anyways.

So, that's my attempt at finding an exemption to the rule. Does my logic make sense? :confused:
    I didn't know about the experience calculations. That's useful to know. :D

8. but what point is the power attack/unlocks?

seriously those were a bad idea to begin with the whole boss thing was a bad idea.

9. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

Umm...a low-level player without a ton of active clan members...can still kill the boss?

Bragging rights? "Hey, I got the best power attack on (level + name)."

10. Vampryss

Vampryss Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Actually for equal play if sharing the boss, It would be very cool if we could get something like this:http://forums.kanoapps.com/showpost.php?p=9699&postcount=1

integrated into this - http://forums.kanoapps.com/showpost.php?p=17865&postcount=1

With the minimum damage listed on the attack screen somewhere. And of course the boss owner being able to keep one of the power attacks as a reward for filling all helper spots and killing it in time. :) I'm sure other things could be added to make it more of a challenge though..

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2011