Players hitting performance issues info + debugging - All Games

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Kendall, Jun 20, 2015.

1. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

as an update.

Kano has been fabulous in responding the information given them through the support email in the top level thread.

Kudos for jumping on this and staying in touch when we send the info in!

Fingers crossed we can get back to the fast pace. I remember being so excited when we got KP and didn't have to deal with the FB advertising and recommendations gumming up the works. at this point though i miss the days when that was the problem lol.

2. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Please keep working on it!

What we thought was causing mine hasn't fixed it. Better in between refresh messages but still a real problem as you see with 6 seconds to place a hit :(

debugging after dns name fix 062415 placing hit server2crop.png

3. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

I just got back from a short vacation ... was on the home page of VC ... clicking on adv and challenge helps and got the Refresh message for 5-7 seconds. That was within a few minutes of logging into the game. Not going to dwell on this. I am in a happy state and going to go shopping.

4. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Are you referring to the "Ask for help" buttons that launch a Facebook pop-up?

5. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

i have a feeling that he's talking about clicking on the help links posted to the feed (adventure, boss, challenge, etc.)

6. greatM

greatM Active Member

Is this option available for firefox ? I try various browsers for best performance on any game I play and for pirate clan at this time firefox is best for me.

Im not an IT expert by any means but as an amateur, have worked hard to maintain optimum performance from my pc ,which for a 13 yr old pc still using xp seem to do reasonable well compared to most and in the most part can see if any latency is as a result of my pc.

I've tried ping / trackert to the server, but it returns a result that shows I am not reaching the server.

I'm from the UK this is my ping result :-
    Pinging armorgames.com/pirate-clan-games/15877 [81.200.64.50] with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 81.200.64.50: bytes=32 time=16ms TTL=54
    Reply from 81.200.64.50: bytes=32 time=16ms TTL=54
    Reply from 81.200.64.50: bytes=32 time=20ms TTL=54
    Reply from 81.200.64.50: bytes=32 time=17ms TTL=54
    Ping statistics for 81.200.64.50:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 16ms, Maximum = 20ms, Average = 17ms

the tracker result confirm that.

Is there anything I can do to to get a true tracker result to the server? so I could check more easily if there is a connection or sever issues when I'm experiencing latency issues.

Although not statistically conclusive yet, there seems to be an increased frequency of significant latency around 20:00 ish gmt+1

If there was a hot key option to display fps and mem usage while playing pirate clan it would be easier to see when the server is causing the drain.

I monitor mem usage, but can only see total usage.

Since the migration to the new server I've seen sustained periods of reduced mem usage and reduced latency. However at times, have had periods of significant latency that others are seeing at the same time.

Anything i can do to help resolve the issues just ask :)

7. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

Had a terrible time earlier this evening with the Loading, not loading, refresh page thing when trying to attack in raids and doing other things. This was on the FB site. I use Firefox and have the latest browser and flash player.

8. Walt Ginn

Walt Ginn New Member

• When did you first start to notice a decrease of performance? After the gifts were changed, you know when the secret gift was taken away, etc. Happens in both LCN and VC.
    • Are specific specific actions slow or all? Gifts are all messed up, when sending gifts over half my gifts pop up with the Send LCN Mob Requests (check the box if you do not want to see this message again), same thing happens in VC. Plus, sometimes it will stop and will not allow me to send anymore gifts before I reach the 100 limit. I hit the send gift button and it just flashes but will not send the gift. I have to wait until gifts reset, hell sometimes I still have 25 or 30 gifts I could send but it wont let me. I have also been getting the "Refresh Not Loading Button" a lot, especially in VC, happens in battles, guild wars, on Bosses, bounty list, damn near everything in VC, LCN it is occasional but happens in the same places. Overall latency is worse in LCN than VC, especially with the gifts. Freezing is much worse in VC than LCN, especially with Bosses. Recently I have noticed the Job List (on both games) will disappear or reset, then it will go all day without doing it.
    • What browser are you using + version? Internet Explorer
    • What game + platform do you play on? (Platforms are Facebook, Kano Play, Kongregate, Armor) MW LCN on Facebook and VC on Facebook.

9. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

No. I was just doing the adventure and challenge helps posted in the social feed.

I tried a similar thing with gifting from the Chieftains | Gifts | Received section. Sent out 89 gifts and ran into delays.

Unfortunately, when I put the Developer Console on and put Network | XHR on to show me the delays, and even save the log, the log file I sent in, is very large and also very hard to read v. the nice graphs and columnar display that shows the delay in ms. Or at times s. Had one where FB seemed to be the source of the delay, but the delay was not showing in the game itself = 29 s for them to do something. Gamewise, most delays I tracked were. in the 2 - 3 second range.

My point however is not just clicking the bounty will induced this "delay". Other things exhibit it as well. The gifting will not all go through without showing a delay in the developer console. I can do it now sending 89 gifts/events, the delay will show up! Can't effectively screen capture it ... am sorry .. the nice popups when hovering showing the linkages/requests go away when I do my screenshot.

10. Reg Hahn

Reg Hahn Member

• When did you first start to notice a decrease of performance? A couple of months ago.
    • Are specific specific actions slow or all? Refresh/lag happens when attacking boss, attacking other players, almost anything.
    • What browser are you using + version? Google Chrome, Firefox, IE, Opera - all latest updates (I've tried them all on PC and laptop, no discernible difference)
    • What game + platform do you play on? LCN/Facebook

It's driving me nuts!

11. Dale Barrie

Dale Barrie Active Member

I have this issue too and mainly it happens with fights and hitlisting and loading links from WC, so in general its mainly for attacking options it happens, but 1 thing i have noticed is that at busy times such as Start of BA, FWs 3 day Calendars or in general just a lot of people online its worse, because when/if i play ever at say 2am EST it never happens, I never get lag even with 30+ Hitlist kills, so maybe its just related to how many people are online. Hope this helps with the feedback you need

Death to the Lag and Hitlist Delay!!!!!!!!!!!

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  12. greatM

greatM Active Member

There are many things we can all do to optimise the performance of our PCs.

For me I have a dinosaur ( 13 year old ) pc so over the years I've worked hard to keep my PC running at optimum performance and used any good free tools that become available to interrogate and fix any issues. Generally I see far less issues that many that have far better system that mine is now.;)

A free ware tool I use regularly to clear, cache, flash cache, temp files, obsolete registry flies, and other stuff is > ccleaner <

There are many other free ware tools that clear, mail ware, viruses,and other issues.

There are also some very good analytical tool to help find the source of issues you are having, which do not require a high level of IT experience.

Choosing the right browser for the game you are playing for your PC, can also make a big difference. Often the best browser is more specific to your system, so it is worth trying a few for each game you play.

Having tried many 30day trial periods on many subscription option on such software. Some are worth buying but many are not. So it is worth truly understanding the benefit from the subscription option before subscribing.

I can say for sure, the new server ( or coding issues since the migration ) is a double edged sword. At times there is reduced latency and mem usage for extended periods, but at other times there has been an increase in extended latency and other issues which seem to be more frequent lately.

PS Hi Kandell I would still love to know if it is possible to track to the server and what I would been to do to achieve this ;)

13. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

CCleaner does work good, I use it as well.

There is also a tool on your computer to reorganize files to make your computer run more efficiently a lot of people are unaware of..
    • In your start menu type in> disk defragmenter, and follow the instructions and configure a schedule when your computer is usually on, or can do this manually every so often.
    CaptureDEFRAG.PNG CaptureDEFRAG1.PNG

Dale Barrie likes this.
  14. greatM

greatM Active Member

Over the last few days many, including me, have seen an increase in the game hanging, chat posting slow to send and jumping from one chat to another, and periods of frequent refresh page tab popping up.

As always on top of my regular (daily or more frequently) running of ccleaner and other pc cleaning tools, when this is happening I first check to see if the issue is within my system and I re-run cclneaner, but it is not clearing it for long if at all. :(

Dale Barrie likes this.
  15. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Well-Known Member

This is beyond acceptable now, it hangs on anything and everything you click on

Dale Barrie likes this.
  16. Dale Barrie

been doing computer performance scans too and its not my computer as FB works fast, google works fast, any other site i need to use runs fast, just not ZS, and it seems to be getting worse as more and more are playing too which will affect the servers too

17. greatM

greatM Active Member

The number of player at least in Pirate Clan is minimal, but with raids on, many more accounts log on. However the number of account logging is still not significant.

As you see from your checks, it is not from your side.;)

I've posted in here asking how I can track to the server to see if it is a connection issue, or more correctly when it is a connection issue, but have not had a reply to my ask:(

It was just a PS so maybe if I make a separate post it might get noticed:)

It would be good to get an update from the development team, about the information collected from this thread and other sources.;)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
    Dale Barrie likes this.
  18. PANDAEXPRESSOOOO

PANDAEXPRESSOOOO New Member

then all I have to say is how do I get unbanned -.-

19. Dale Barrie

Id start off by not asking a member lmao. Id just send support a ticket and ask for it

Tony Montana likes this.
  20. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Well-Known Member

Dale knows about tickets