Pirate arena feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Jared, Dec 7, 2013.

?

Are the arenas worth it?

1. Yes

40.0%
  2. No

60.0%
  1. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Wow. Good thing I was able to make the arena tonight, since the key to being successful is being active rather than staying in defensive stance.

Here are the stats from before the arena started: Battle Arena Details
    Begins:
    Fri Dec 6 18:00:00 PST
    2:30
    Battle Time:
    3 days
    Number of Participants:

I didn't even last 15 minutes: Time Remaining:
    2:23:38:10
    Players Remaining:
    Rank and Rewards available when the arena completes.

I'm thinking that this arena will set a record time of less than ONE HOUR for a THREE DAY EVENT!

Here is what it says on the arena page when it's not live:
    Many will enter, one will emerge!
    Battle Arena stages epic free-for-all battles between dozens, hundreds or even thousands of combatants. Eliminate other players by depleting their Health without getting killed yourself. You regain Health for every opponent you kill, so the harder you fight the longer you live. Each player receives special bonuses based on their stats and equipped items. The longer you live, the richer the rewards, including Gold, XP and Favor Points, with the final survivor winning a massive grand prize! Enter the Battle Arena and prove your might!

I would like to propose a few changes:
    Only a few will enter, one will emerge!
    Battle Arena stages miniature free-for-all battles between a handful of combatants and only last an hour, meaning that many players won't get any rewards. You have about 10 minutes to try to kill as many players as you can by depleting their Health before you get killed yourself, meaning that many players won't get any rewards. The Health you regain for every opponent you kill isn't enough to offset the Health you lose when someone is attacking you, so the harder you fight the faster you die, meaning that many players won't get any rewards. Each player receives special bonuses based on their stats and equipped items, but they don't help you a whole lot, meaning that many players won't get any rewards. The longer you live, the richer the rewards, including a handful of Gold, a few XP and maybe a Favor Point, with the final survivor winning the tremendous prize of bragging rights (unless you were inactive for the whole hour, meaning that you won't get any rewards)! Enter the Battle Arena and prepare to be sacrificed to Davy Jones!

Please feel free to post any feedback.

2. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

45 minutes in, and only 50 players left. Come on, guys and gals, don't disappoint me! You only have 15 minutes to finish with one player standing!

3. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Only 10 minutes left, and there are still 50 players left. I guess everyone is grabbing a beer or taking a smoke break or something.

4. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Very disappointing. 125 players were knocked out within 45 minutes, and then everything stalled with 50 players still remaining. Looks like some more changes are in order, the arena shouldn't last more than one hour under any circumstances.

5. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Very sad. I had over 5k stamina saved, and I used it all on bosses to gain a whole half of a level.

6. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

We're supposed to be spending money to buy FPS to get more stamina, right? What's the point if you don't live long enough in the arena to use it?

7. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

LMFAO, awesome Jared this is funny, yet so true.

8. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Thanks, Matthew! That's okay, I guess I'll just have to keep playing for another 6 or 7 years until I can finally do well in the arenas. Ho hum.

9. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Please feel free to post whatever you like. You have at least a day, maybe two, before the thread gets revised/deleted completely.

10. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I predict that this thread will last longer than the subject will.

11. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I know what you're thinking. Boo hoo. Waah waah wahh.

12. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a tissue for a crybaby? I know someone that needs one.

13. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Guess someone staying away Jared, not sure why? LOL

14. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Im not going to vote because I think the question is far to vague. Ive a few reasons why I dont think the arena is worth it but your reasoning in this post is not among them. The arena was intended for active players from day one as it should be.....for way to long inactive players have been getting rewarded for doing nothing...it made no sense and took away from the arena and the games as a whole.

In the end.....most players simply dont have a clue what they are doing in the arena...they simply dont have the patience or the ability to figure out what will actually work for them. Ive played in all 4 games arenas with a wide range of levels and the glaringly obvious things to me is that most players just dont get it.....they play completely wrong for what they have or are simply unrealistic in their accounts abilities and or their strategy. Why a level 1k thinks they should be able to play the same way as a level 10k is beyond me. All one has to do is look and see is that some players perform well on average despite the game , and or level of their account or participation numbers...why is that? Even some high levels suck routinely...why is that?

Strategy abounds in the arena despite ones level. Sure....sometimes it just boils down to bad luck and or timing but in the end a sound strategy, patience and the willingness to be at the game for the entire duration of the arena will pay off more times than not despite ones level. Just because someones strategy has never worked does not mean the arena is holding them back.....it means their strategy , dedication and or ability is holding them back. Perhaps if more players spent as much time on a new game plan as they did on planning their latest pity party things might be different.

15. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

You are correct that the arena was intended for active players. The problem is that most of the changes that have been made have actually ruined arenas and decreased, not increased, participation. They have also usually had a negative impact on any strategies that were used, and the last one, to simply be inactive, will not work any longer as well. I will go through them when I have more time so that everyone has a clearer understanding, because it seems that there is some long-term memory loss. Arenas are no longer about ability, dedication, or strategy.

16. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Willingness to play the arena for the entire duration? There are still 2 players "fighting" it out in the pirates arena, when they had been ending within 3 hours for quite some time. Why is that all of a sudden, I wonder?

17. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Also interesting to note that in spite of all of the overwhelming support for the arenas, there is only one yes vote in the poll.

18. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

strategy does play a big part in how you do in the arena. in this last Pirate arena i was found by high level players within 20 minutes of the arena starting. if i had not wisely used my defense mode i would have been killed quickly, but using strategy i was able to go into def. mode and when the time was right come out get a kill and gain health which allowed me to make it into the top 40 or better depending on how many inactives were left. as far as the 2 remaining players go maybe they are waiting each other out and hoping to get a chance to attack. it is impossible to see what they are doing when you have been eliminated from the arena.

19. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Less than 40 active players in the last Pirates arena. A suggestion for those that see this... don't sign up for the arenas if you are not certain that you can try to log in within the first 3 hours to get some attacks in. Let the actives beat up on each other for XP and rewards. I would be curious to know how the rewards would be handled if there are less than 100 players...

20. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Same here. The 2 remaining players were in the same armada (which isn't a surprise), so I'm pretty sure they weren't "waiting each other out" or "hoping to get a chance to attack" for 3 days. Of course, the strategy will only work if you are awake and able to get to a computer. The next arena will be in the middle of the night for many of us (including me). I would be curious to hear your strategy for that? Mine is don't sign up.