[PC] Developer Update November 9th - Bounty List / Bounty Trap Bugfix

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

For the majority this update will not be applicable, but there has existed a bug for some time now where a player on the bounty could encounter a bounty trap and die. Under some situations if the player healed before being attacked again they would remain on the bounty list, or if they are cleared off the bounty after hitting a bounty trap the reward to collect the bounty disappears.

Today's update fixes the following:

1. When a player is on the bounty list and hits a trap, they will be killed and removed from the bounty list
    2. When the player is removed from the bounty list through a trap, the player that paid for the bounty will be credited with the amount that would have been paid to the player that collected the bounty, original paid minus the bounty fee

2. What a disappointing fix you've come up with I must say. I realize that perhaps there are few players at this point who can actually do this, but there is nothing more fun or satisfying, while riding the bounty list, than to be able to retaliate against the one who listed you and the ones hitting you as it is happening. BUT, if you have to worry about dying on a trap, that fun is taken away. I think one should not be allowed to die on a bounty trap while on bounty. Then they are free to exact their revenge without having to wait for their inevitable demise.

Or, barring that, it would be wonderful to be able to delete rivals from my rival page so that the ones I want to retaliate against don't disappear because the list is too long with "littles" who don't know better than to hit me and I have no intention of hitting back. That way I don't have to remember, while healing rapidly, at times, exactly who I want to go after. I know a couple of other players who would appreciate that ability as well.

While we're on the topic, how is it equitable for someone to hit a person on bounty and, if they win, they get full exp. However, the one riding the list, if they win, gets nothing? Seems a bit biased to me. I realize there is only one person who wins when they hit me, but probably every other player in the game, when listed, has people hit them and lose. So I'm not just asking this for myself but for all other players who get listed as well.

All apparent gripes aside, Kano, I appreciate the game you have put together for us to enjoy. And if you can tweak it further for the enjoyment of all, more power to you!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  3. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Nice fix, here I have to disagree with you, Jillian. Think about it like that: You list Scrooge McDuck for an extreme price and Scrooge kills himself on a bounty trap. You'd lose all the money you used to set the bounty then. Wouldn't this annoy you to no end?

And on the topic of getting hit on the bounty and winning? Ask Polish, I already explained in the forum why this would be a bad idea. Here's the gist: People between Level 1500 and 4000 who can ride the list would likely get tons of xp when they get attacked on the list. And the bounty feature is there to slow a rival down, not to allow him to not lose any xp at all and even get a boost while he/she's riding. Wouldn't you consider it unfair, too?

4. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

5. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

The lister is not losing the money! hes paying to kill someone....no matter how the player is killed...the result is the same...THEY R DEAD! money well spent.

Ive listened to your argument about xp while on bounty and have never agreed with it. a win is a win regardless of whether your on bounty or not....its simply not fair that the ones hitting the player on bounty get xp while the player riding does not. Lets not forget that there r only a handful of players that can ride the list for any real amount of time. Ask yourself....why is this? Because they r extremely powerful in either defense, health or both. So the potential xp gained is minimal at best. This is coupled by the fact that after the initial flurry of attacks ........almost nobody attacks because it is fruitless endeavor unless they r actually winning and getting xp themselves. To be able to ride the list u must be a high leveled player...the xp u need to level is astronomical....the idea that a player riding the list is going to be able to level like mad is just not true. When JJ or I level while riding the list its because we just go about our normal game like killing bosses and such because nobody is attacking.

So...no...i wouldnt consider it unfair....in fact its the other way around.....its unfair to the person on bounty. I would also like to add that ive never seen any one but the extreme of higher levels ride for any significant time. The idea that someone is going to chainlist a friend so they can rack up the xp just doesnt hold water....the ever increasing bounty price would make it unfeasable to do this when a player leveled 1500 -4000 can only stay up for seconds to mere minutes at a time

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  6. No, Biel, I do NOT agree with you on either point. I think you need to review your argument and realize you have not considered all of the parameters. No need for me to go into them, Polish has done a fine job of explaining the ones I think you have missed. And, if you are still of the same opinion after you read Polish's reply, then we will just have to agree to disagree.

7. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

In addition....if the concern here is that that person riding the list could level to no end if awarded xp.....do u share the same concern that a player like me who can beat her can sit and hit her at a moderate pace and level myself and collect her bounty? I realize that i could do this even if she wasnt on bounty......but so could anybody else....right....its simply battle leveling right? So....if the players that r hitting her on bounty are much lesser opponents and would be awarding her less xp than say i would or that she could get off bosses....wouldnt u want her to get the lesser xp while riding the list than leveling like mad when she is not?