[PC] Developer Update January 24 - Elite Captains

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Eric, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Eric

Eric Administrator

We just released some Elite Captains updates:

• Ability to enable/disable elite spots allowing you more control over the power rating of your player (player requested change). This allows players to now disable the increase power attacks if they don't want them.
    • Persistent storage of recruit posts for elites, no longer inactive links because of loss of cache, as promised we will continue to go through features to minimize the impact to users when caching servers die
    • Player profile links only show if they are Alliance/Friends, this has been one of the top support issues that has been on our todo lists for a while. If you have a rival that you have had interaction with they will show up in your rivals list, if you are using links to punch friends of known rivals that is not what the features intent is, there are other ways to pick up rivals instead of getting them through elites.

As always feedback on this change is appreciated.

***Update:

-Profile Links will also show if you are Armada members with the player or profile owner.
    -Armada tags are included with the players name.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2012
  2. your clans links dont even work if there in someones elites your not friends with??

3. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

That would be a bug, I will have the developer look into this but here is the way it should and we will either fix or verify that it will work:

* if you are friends / clan with the user in anyones elites, they will show up as a link
    * if you are on a friends / clans profile page, all their elites will show as links to you even if you are not friends with them
    * if you are on a rival clans profile page, only elites that will show as links are the ones that you are friends / clan with

From the sounds of things, that is not the case.

4. for friends and my own the links work

but on a rivals page my clans links dont work

was hoping that was a bug

5. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Yep, that ones a bug, if you are clan then you should be able to access those players profiles. Hopefully we can get a fix out tonight if not tomorrow, we will post when fixed.

6. so if in same armada but not clanned up..the links wont work if that elite isnt clan???

or is this another bug

7. Ray Ford

Ray Ford Member

Everyone is also thinking that if you disable your elites it gives them protection from retaliation from someone who is mad at you, as in a bounty attack or pistol whip. But I see nothing of about that in the above. How about a clearer explanation of what Disable/Enable actually does. As to what I have seen, I can click on my Captains and go to there profiles and still see active links to other profiles, but not all of them. It seems I can go to my other Captains, but not non-other Captains. If this is not caused by the new Enable/Disable feature, just come out and clearly say so in the explanation.

8. Eric

Eric Administrator

@Atheistic: Armada member pages should show links aswell

@Ray: No, disabling elites only removes the ingame perk that they offer

9. Carol Anderson

Carol Anderson New Member

ok I think I understand it now Cara thank u hugs

10. then theres a bug

this page is a armada member im not clanned with

CM Capture 74.jpg

11. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Active Member

Nice to see you on here Carol! Tell everyone else to come on here too. Best way to find out about new updates, changes and additions!

12. glad to see this is fixed