[PC] Developer Update December 11 - Calypso World Boss Kill Drops Attack Requirements

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We made an adjustment to the Calypso World boss kill drops based on feedback, previously all kill drops would be rewarded if boss was killed and you could get in 18 attacks with varying level requirements.

Based on feedback, we have decided to make the attack requirements increase with level to a max of 18 for the top drop. This way, even if you meet the max level requirement and don't get 18 attacks in you can still get rewarded with some items.

2. Lynncella

Lynncella New Member

thanks Erik but that doesn't do me any good now.. Calypso has ended! she was killed in 8 days!!!!!!!!!! i had 17 hits on her and i get NOTHING.... grrrrrrrrrr.... oh well, guess i'll wait til the next one... i wish you guys would put enuff life in her that she lasts longer!!!!

3. jothong

jothong Member

For some perspective ... the boss was available for 8 days. You could hit that boss every 4 hours if you wish. That is a total of 48 opportunities to hit that boss. Of course, taking away sleep, work, family, etc - we aren't always on PC.

I would suggest making sure you hit whatever goal you wish as quickly as possible so that you aren't left hanging once the boss is dead

4. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

For some perspective: Some people here have a job and can, in the worst case scenario, do two attacks under the week, as they otherwise wouldn't be able to get up at 5am to leave for their job from which they return at 16:30. Not everyone playing these games is retired/not in work/a pupil/student with more free time than a working woman or man. And some job hours simply won't leave you enough time to do enough attacks on a boss, especially if it's killed off in a bit over 50% of the alloted time.