[PC] Developer Update 1/19/2011 - Cagematch / Counter Attack Improvement

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

It was brought to our attention that some players where using a technique where if they encountered a rival that had set counter attacks against them, they would switch to cagematches to burn through them which would allow them to receive less dmg, loss less cash and award less XP to their opponent.

We have now fixed this issue to make a counter attack give the same payout / dmg dealt as a regular battle which was the intended behaviour, a counter attack should still reward the same XP/dmg/cash regardless if it came from a cagematch or a regular attack.

2. but it was giving max exp for a cagematch victory.since cages already rewarded less exp to begin with.

3. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Since the cost is still the same regardless if it is launched against a cagematch or regular battle it made sense to make the XP payout the same.

When we found out that some people would switch from regular attacks to cagematches to burn through the set counter attacks we made this change as it is not the intent of when it was originally launched. Does that make sense?

4. how bout having 2 separate counters?one for a reg match one for a cage.would create more strategy.

5. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We have thought about that before but figured it may add too much confusion around that feature, I will add it to our list and revisit once we get some of our more immediate projects released.

6. sounds good.thanks for reconsidering this.

7. Cagematch

If you're going to do that, then you should to make a cagematch counter count toward overall victories on the game history too. After all a win is a win and a loss is a loss, right?
    I disagree, naturally, that they should render the same results, simply because an attack uses clan strength, and a cagematch pits individual player against individual player. If I've spent my coin and fp's well, and built my load out strong, and my opponent hasn't, why should I be penalized? Damage SHOULD be less in a one-on-one situation, even if it is against a counter. I'm amazed that it took months for you to see this "issue". Someone must have been whining about it...

8. hence why having the 2 counters.one for a reg match one for a cage.

im wondering how you can even have a 100,000% defense boost in a 1 on 1 match.....

9. That's the point I was trying to make. Why give clan strength defense boosts in a one on one situation?

10. yes good question.

explanation would be nice.....

11. WOW

you would think months later everyone would of caught onto this change but nope

some are STILL under the misconception the caging counter trick still works

sheesh this was how many months ago

12. obligatory post

[​IMG]

13. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

I think some people never bother with reading dev updates or if they do, they forget such tidbits of information.

Nice card, Thrand.