[PC] Armada Wars Open Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Eric, Nov 24, 2011.

1. The reason bullies want to have the upper and unlimited attacks is because they are afraid that the little guys will either band together and beat them down or become stronger then they themselves become the bullied. Granted the bullies are the ones that start screaming the loudest when that happens. They are first ones to start crying limit the attacks. When they have the upper hand they whine about the limits that are put on them. The typical double standard of bullies. War is war let it stay on the battle field not spill into the jousting arena.

2. Gunny from PC

Gunny from PC Member

Armada Wars, is an interesting concept however we do have questions/suggestions;

Date - Do you have an, ETA of when, Armada Wars might come in to affect?

Rewards - Although trophies/ribbons are pretty, they simply don’t substantiate why one would want to open their entire armada to an opposing armadas, War Rival list for a 24 hour period. And, especially if this is yet a further burden on an armada to complete not only, Gamer Points but, War Points as well.

Suggestion - Perhaps if there were better rewards such as favor points, or special weapons/mateys/ ships the thought of, Armada Wars would be more enticing. Could this be a possibility?

Higher XP rewards - We do understand the reasoning to try and compensate for the likelihood of more deaths, but really isn’t it a lower level pirate who will be most affected with a higher death count? A higher level pirate rarely dies with straight up attacks yet there is a stronger probability that a lower level pirate will simply because they do not have the health to sustain attacks from pirate’s hundreds/thousands of levels above them. (A few attacks combined with a pistol whip in all probability will kill them.) On top of this, should a lower level pirate be further penalized (should they attack back) by reverting them to an upper level pirate’s “regular” rival list for 24 hours?

Suggestion - Only award higher XP when attacks are within your specific range, and not for attacking those who aren’t.
    -
    Suggestion - Do not penalize lower levels when engaged in an, Armada War by allowing they fall on an upper levels “regular” rival list for 24 hours.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank, KANO for trying to address what some deem as “bullying” when “over attacks” occur. Assuming that this is partly directed at us, we would like everyone to fully comprehend our, “Rules of Engagement.” If your game consists of nothing more then to cast disparaging comments and/or if your armada is clearly designed to destroy us, and/or our alliances then regardless if you/we opt in to Armada Wars you will be attacked “with-in the limits” of a fighting application. That being said, we wish good luck to all who participate fairly in this new concept

3. Bubba

Bubba Member

I also think there needs to be a restriction on switching this option on and off. That way an armada can't switch it on, go on a killing spree then turn it off for a day to prevent retaliation. Either have the restriction of 7 days between changes or allow all retaliation attacks after the selection is changed to opt out of the option.

Another suggestion might be that the wars could be truly that, a war. Pick a time and at that time all members from both armadas that are online can battle against each other. I have seen this in other games and due to timezones, most battles do not include all players from any one side. This option would not really address the desires of some wanting this feature but would (should) eliminate those that are against this idea.

To address the "strain" caused by this feature, it could be like the gamer points and you could earn points for each (gamer and war) for the same action. For instance, an attack in armada war would give both GP for attack and WP for attack.

Stamina might be a challenge to lower levels. If we are allowing 5 hits per player, times 25 in an armada, that is 125. I don't remember what a new player starts out with (the first achievement is 150 so I know it is below that), but that might cause problems for newer players given they are trying to build up other stats as well. Maybe we could balance that somehow (giving players stamina to use based on their level, but only for WP actions and not regular actions).

For the argument of being killed several times a day, you can only be killed again if you heal so while you are not healing, you only get killed once.

Hopefully our counter attacks will be used in WP battles as well so we can use that strategy there as well. Along with the power attacks/cage.

Since the players in an armada will be visible to other armadas (with the option selected), can we eliminate the player's url from the profile when the armada has selected the privacy? This might help prevent a constant barrage even after the war option is changed to off.

4. BitterSweet

BitterSweet Active Member

I do agree with Jon here and yes they will suffer...and your reply was kinda dumb...so if they don't like it should leave.The point is in every Armada there are fight players and the ones more passive so now we need to push them away to satisfy our EGO and who is the best.I do like to fight if i have a good oponent but i don't like to drag others in my fights.So i do like the idea to put a limit of 200 levels on atacks because there are still alot of players who do not like to fight so much.Just because everyone plays so diffrent makes this game fun.And i do have fun when i have a good fight but i can't say the most players feel that.It has to be a way to protect the others who not choose to get into wars and leaving seems to me a very extreme option.

5. Tracy Bingham

Tracy Bingham Member

So, when is this being released?? And suggestions

Pirate clan is battling game.. I just don't get the continued whinning about battling?? And all you bounty hunters out there that cry when you get attacked for going after a bounty... well .. if no one is battling etc., there aren't any bounties.. so what game are you going to play then??

Guild wars in VC so far have been fun.. for those that bothered to read the information and understand as best they could how the scoring works and what happens when you attack another enabled war guild.

The developers made one very fast and quick change, which was to take away the 1 base price bounty every player got against an opponent. I understand why, lol, some Vikings that are real popular got bountied many many many times in a very short period (vikings seem to understand importance of rule/empire and a starting bounty of 4 trill is quite normal) so the opportunity to bounty those vikings at a base price was very nice.

However, having said that I would ask the developers: why couldn't you do something to the experience loss by the players being bountied and leave the base price feature alone? (Gonna post this q in viking forum as well.) One thing about pirate clan is that with all the ..umm.. complaining that has been going on it has become less fun to bounty people, yet so many people want to bounty hunt (and they also seem to be the ones that are so vocal in complaints) that allowing other players to bounty ME for instance at my base price seems much more fair to me. I would not care about being bountied 10x's in 10 mins if I didn't lose 9000 xp points each time.

Look, there is a perfectly good heal button to use guys. Yes if you attack me and you are level 500 i get my 5 attacks, 4 slaps and bounty ... so what?? You get to hit me back and get 3 wps per attack and you also get exp (something you don't get now), you get to slap and get 4 wps and if you are lucky and i am not looking you might get kill. Woohoo... now we having fun!!!!

The way it has been set up, strength for lower levels is not a factor for the 5 attacks. You get your war points and your exp.. (not sure if the stronger you are the more the exp points?? devs have to answer that). And armada leaders that take the time to explaining the rules of the war feature.. for instance, lower level 500 .. when upper level 5000 attacks you, do your 5 attacks and 4 slaps and if you want 1 bounty only..because after i do my 5 attacks/4 slaps and 1 bounty ..if i choose to bounty you.. the window to attack you closes UNLESS you exceed your 5 attacks/4 slaps/ 1 bounty.... so once you do your war gamers don't touch me for 24 hours and the window is again closed). It is only when a lower level exceeds the allotted attacks/slaps/bounty that they then expose themselves for 24 hours.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... when is it coming? As leaders in the game we can start helping prepare our armadas and clan members.

And for those folks that are so freaking busy looking at their statistics.. you know the only ones that REALLY count are the ones that give us skill points .. so we can make our pirates stronger characters and more effective gamers. BECASUE THIS IS A GAME!!!!!!!

6. Tony_mccain

Tony_mccain New Member

Hi I fully agree with you! I Have interest in Joining your Clan just from your words. I hope you except. I just Now Started Playing! Thank You