[PC] PC arena or any arena for that matter and ranking and rewards

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Linda, Jun 22, 2012.

1. simple keep the xp reward for entering..take away rank rewards for anyone below minimum attacks...Quite easy really.

2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I agree, players should have to participate to get rewards, In fact I dont even think they should get the XP they got for signing up if they dont participate, they should only be awarded the XP after they participated. I think most players r actually on line and simply not being active on purpose in hopes they will fly under the radar and rank. All these players are doing by entering and not playing is making the players who are active waste more time stamina.

Im sure there are some players who intend to be there but then something else comes up and they cant make it, thats unfortunate....but thats just the breaks, its not as if it cost u anything to enter, better luck next time.

As far as those in diff time zones, if the start time is bad for you...then dont sign up and wait for an arena that has a start time that is more suitable for u. If Kano is going to stagger the start times...eventually every time zone will have a start time thats not optimal for them, so it is fair.

3. Polish I only said keep the xp for entering for those who enter but don't get to play due to late at night..in work..genuine reasons...I know some just enter for the free xp which sucks but,,I believe most have genuine reasons why they couldn't play right at start of play.

4. polishpimp

I wasnt criticizing your remark. All Im saying is that genuine reasoning's or not....I dont think someone deserves any type of reward if they have not participated other than to sign up.

I think many sign up intending to play but they simply cant be there right at the start and they find themselves already killed off, There is no doubt that this would be a bummer...but in the end its just the way it is. Once these players get a chance to play again and actually be there at the start....do u think they will avoid players who are not active? We have the option of starting the arena in "defensive stance", imo.....thats totally sufficient, anything else would be unfair to the players that were there on time.

I think its pretty obvious that players that have no attacks should be considered inactive and not be eligible for a reward. Kano has has implemented the 100 attacks in 10 hour rule....but what if the arena is over in less than 10 hours? Perhaps that time limit should should be on a sliding scale determined by the number of participants. Ive also seen players complain that players have ranked well with very few attacks, I struggle with this one because there are some players that just should not be out there mixing it up like some of the others due to their build. I think a low rated player should have far fewer attacks if they want to have a legitimate shot. Kano has basically said 100 attacks is the cut off between active and inactive, If thats the case......should those with 100 or fewer attacks get the XP for signing up if they are not eligible for ranking and rewards?

Like i mentioned in my previous post, all those players who are inactive are causing the more active players to spend more time and stamina which in essence lessens the reward they get.

5. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

inactive , no reward or ranking, let them keep their bonus , still a simple idea

6. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Inactive or not,they still had even more of a chance to get knocked out.If they slide by,great,but tons of inactives get knocked out early.If a few slide by,more power.

7. polishpimp

The thing is that more than just a few slide by, if that was the case than I would be fine with it. But in the arenas Ive participated in Ive spent way more stamina on inactives than I did on active players. In the 2 arenas Ive won I probably spent more stamina clearing out the dead weight (in-actives) at the end than i did taking out the actives in the beginning. Basically I or anyone else who wins will have easily used their 50 fp prize and then some to do so....so whats the point? If more players were actively taking each other out there would be far fewer in the end. The dead weight is just costing the players like me more stamina and others a better ranking/reward.....they dont deserve to win anything.

8. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Fact that they survived when they had even more of a chance to get knocked out means they should get rewarded.Not their fault they weren't considered a threat.

9. polishpimp

Even more of a chance to get knocked out? No...not really when they arent a threat, they may be just as vulnerable, but obviously its been shown that they are less likely to get knocked out. In addition....due to their inactivey and lack of health they basically have no shot in competing even if they do come on towards the end. Their just taking up space and costing everyone more stamina. Move em to the end of the line .....if there lucky enough to still be ranked....good for them.

10. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Lack of health?Thought you said they weren't likely to get hit till the end.So how would they have less health if they've been ignored?

11. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

no play no pay

12. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Paid vacation time :)

13. polishpimp

if they havent killed anyone they will not have gained any additional health, health they will need if they have any hope of going further. In addition....if the arena lasts longer than 10 hours and they r still inactive....their health will be cut in half.

14. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Well someone could impale themself on a inactive account,giving it health :)

15. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

BUMP still waiting for a response from Kano no play then no ranking or reward

16. Maler

Maler Member

agreed, 10 stars.

17. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

10 stars and I couldnt agree more. a reward for nothing? completely absurd and it should not continue...no ranking at all for inactives

18. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Making someone from Kano can comment ?? :)

19. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

Alrighty, have a somewhat-official response for everyone about this. There are a number of reasons we haven't taken 0 attack players out of the ranking, the main one being that it would cause a number of logistical issues with the standings/battle arena reporting system. You also wouldn't be able to receive your rank until the battle arena had finished, which would cause more issues as well.

We have put a number of measures in place to reward active players and make it difficult for inactive players to rank highly. Players receive a health bonus when finishing off an opponent, something inactive players won't receive. A player's battle list populates more frequently with inactive players, ensuring that they they are targeted naturally if inactive. An inactive player also loses health after a 6-hour period of inactivity, which helps make players who have done nothing easy targets for the active players.

We've been trying to balance rewarding active players without penalizing players who need to go to work/sleep. With these changes we've noticed a vast improvement with regards to active players being ranked highly, and we hope that these results continue.

Hopefully this answers your questions/suggestions, and let us know what you're seeing in the Arena.

20. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Pfffffffft is my response. so let the inactives receive a rank and reward, I am done with the arena, and I know a few others that are also, it is insulting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2012