PC and cage matching

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Kirsten, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

so actually using mad breath brian as a example this proposed change would lose kano customers, not a good business decision. and in reverse they could gain more by taking limits off caging

2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Losing someone ( one player) who prob never spent money, ( and maybe had a life change, job, family, new hobby) as opposed to how many new players the raids have garnered, cannot see how that would hurt Kano, in the least, do you realize how many people who only played one game have come and opened accounts , in all the games, or maybe even came back to abandoned accounts they started before deciding they wanted to play only one of the games, but now are playing them all , besides the three new platforms Amor, Kong and the Kano site , I think your argument makes little sense . :) Just like tbe fact that people do not like the new arena, and threaten that this is it for them, for those few who may actually leave there are tons of new players who only know the new arena, and are here, I for one never liked the arena, when it was first an idea ,, way back when, it did not make me want to leave the game, I still am not that interested in the arena, nor armada wars, nor war mode, I like the daily regular game, but it has not made me want to leave cause there are features I am not interested in or could care less about.

Ok your turn, rebuttal :cool: that lol ;)

3. Heh. I got what you meant for the first time. Thank you for summarizing again, but your points have been understood from the first post you mentioned... it still doesn't seem to present what are the issues for the high level players by having them in besides point 5. The others are only personal opinions on "how should others play to match my taste" or "let's try to <<help>> players be more active", like that kind of stuff actually depends on our tastes not on theirs. As I mentioned, ask a cager if they wished caging out, to match your style of play, and you will see how much of a personal opinion is that. You want that, they want the other. What if they would propose a feature where only cagematches would be available on high levels... That would hurt right?
    On 4. I mentioned that they weren't even if they all would be... I only said that weaker players are hiders even if they are cagers or not... who would be fool not to protect themselves from being beaten up? So if they can't do otherwise because they are weak, they will hide. I wanted to mention this just because it's not something that put cagematches at fault, but the weaker players.
    And yes, I understand that 5, as you suggest it is somehow a problem, and I understand that it is more attractive to win something and not to get affected on your stats, so it is probably more tempting to do it... but I really do not understand when you go offline so cagers could hit you, you leave your char healed up and not into hospital and expect nothing to happen over your period of absence? Seriously? Why is this? I really want to know. *So please explain me this in your replay, if there will be one* You either are top of the line in your range and no one can beat you other than with cagematches, or you expect too much. If it's the first case, I really wonder what could actually be a problem for the most powerful player in his range? And how come dying is a problem for him/her? If that is the case, I'm sure he is very used to dying everyday, because he would probably be considered a nuisance by the others because he can do w/e he/she wants whenever he/she wants, and should be taken down as much as it is possible. Amusing, but that's how things stand. Or tell me, are you the only one and there are only another hand of players playing at your level or not even that many, so you expect there can not be anything that could threaten you at that point? Because if you will tell me this I will tell you again about how high level players think they shouldn't ever be threatened by anything. At lower level stages this is always happening, no one who is strong won't survive if they leave their char healed up and leave for few hours. So hopefully it's not the case of expectancy for infallibility...

So yeah. As I pointed out before this is most of a preference. And now I will be sharing some thoughts why would cagematches would or could help out (not why would that be needed, nothing is needed, after all. Need is only a misconception this days) high level players and not only them:

First of all I'll mention a practical reason: The feature is there already so making changes is an overhead for the devs. Making changes only for 5-10 players which might share the same desire out of personal reasons is even a bigger overhead, and making changes on a feature that at least the same number of players and more to come and that would rather have the opposite desire, would be an overhead not even for devs but for the support team as well to be able to please as many players as there are. Not to mention that it loses it's purpose from a general point of view.
    Even so, let's assume there was no other way to handle cagematches and it was a game threatening feature, putting an end to it because cagematchers are now the flavor of the month, overpower, and everyone wishes to be like them now, and then it's supposed to be done something about it, which is more than ridiculous... and even though I wish people to manage things like thinking how they can use things for their own advantage on their own, but I will just point out some of the ways one can use cagematches to take them as an advantage. (this might even help lower levels)

1. The cage-hit-kill move. There is an achievement on kills that was recently introduced in the game... a pretty hard achievement to get to 15K kills. It's even further for higher levels that did not kill much and now at high levels they need to work a lot more harder to get it. -> When you attack most of the times you can not get that clan into a position to be able to kill it so using a cagematch for a lower power attack and even if it's a lose might help one get the player in a position where a battle attack (and maybe 1pw) might get him the kill which wouldn't otherwise be possible with that player. Even if it's not a kill you can make it so you get closer to the kill and get it with pws faster.

2. Cagemaching through counters. This can be very well used at any level. and it's a very annoying way to waste the opponents resources, and gold, and not to give him battle wins. That is because weaker players when they get cornered tend to protect them with counter attacks, which is of course the only thing they can do other than hide. So gettin' up to 50 counters down / day out of a counterer it's actually very useful for one to be able to get more battle wins.

3. Using others cagematching to take advantage for yourself. Of course that only applies in the case you get to fight the cagematcher, but cagematches done to you actually makes it harder for your opponent to counter attack you giving that they have to pay a lot more as a cost in counter. I'm also a big fan of high income and that puts me in the position to be very effecting betting on this most of the times. Also, if they are the only ones that cagematch you, makes you more easily to set up counters for them. And counters can be used to kill very effectively if you know how to use them wise.

Let's leave it at this for now, finding other ways to use features is also part of the game, And my message is too long as it usually is anyway. Hopefully I cleared out the main points. And you probably did realized that I am no cager. I might have already specified that I'm pretty weak in personal strength, there for cagematches are mostly the only thing my opponents in my range can do to me. That might also be why I searched for ways to handle them in my favor, but this should not be the only thing that should trigger the interest in others to explore for new ways in handling the game.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
    Marc14 and George Burd like this.
  4. Kirsten

I like to counter cagers who cannot win in a regular fight even with that big boost but sometimes they can win a cage with the big boost but I counter them either way just to mess with them .

5. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

I have been mulling this over for a while now and this is what I think.
    As a player with full captains who works bosses and crafts, plus puts their skill points in a proper placement for my type of game play, I don't mind the occasional cager. I cage them back, normally beating them as they generally have no defense, then because Kano limits me to 25 hits back on them, I go after them with my clan, still beating them. They normally leave me alone after that.
    Why is this Mitch with the 25 only hits back? Never understood this part when they can do 50 on me and I can only do 25 on them before getting the messages and being told I cannot cage anymore.
    However, the cages I think, should have stopped once a player gets all their achievements, or better yet, turn them off by level 5,000.
    If a player doesn't want to do what is necessary to make themselves stronger, then that is their game and so be it. They will just lose to those who do everything they can to have a strong character. Maybe they don't care about their stats. Some people don't, some people do.
    I do see both sides of this argument. I do think though that at some point, it seems like those who are caging past a certain level are not willing to do what is necessary to make their overall character stronger. It seems to me they are only interested in seeing how high and how fast they can level. BUT - this is how they want to play their game and who am I to tell them they can't play their game that way.
    Again - I would like to see cages cut off after a certain level and it is only my opinion. Not sure how much it matters to Kano.

6. Reefer

Reefer Active Member

Maybe a option to disable cage? In turn you cannot be caged and can't cage. Make it so that the option can only be changed monthly so no one cages and disables. Also If you cage it would be 1 month from that action to disable it. Sound fair?

Kirsten and George Burd like this.
  7. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

Nah, this is what you do with cagers: You just killed xxx with a Pistol Whip! You dealt 988 damage.
    I wish there were a few more in my level range.

8. Kirsten

Most cagers do their thing then stay dead all day very very rare that you can catch them with any health

Old Salt likes this.
  9. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

If he was a customer why isn't he still playing? He wasn't. He was just a pure cager. Played for free. Doubt he sank one dime into the game. No big loss. And gain cagers? No thanks.

10. Old Salt

Very true. The one 10,000 plus level cager I have disappears into the hospital after his cages. Just wants to be an annoyance. Maybe if he couldn't cage he'd play the game.

11. DeathMo the Drifter

DeathMo the Drifter Active Member

I do use or think about cagematches. They could go away or makes more achivments for it

12. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Developers have already said in the past no new achievements for caging. So that isn't going to happen.

13. George Burd

well devs are there to make money off customers, if the majority of pay people want cages..... I wouldnt say never lol raid levelers spend money

14. Jon Ward

Show me the majority of paying players who want cages and then i will shut up. Because the majority of pay players and you remember when caging was at it's peak george in facebook weren't to happy with it. And it back fired and a lot quit throwing money into their accounts they worked hard on knowing someone can just come in and make a cage account. Mistake 1 by Kano solution finally after many years complaining limit the amount of cages

Old Salt likes this.
  15. Old Salt

That was in a facebook forum which some of the devs were in also that one of them said they realized cagematching was a mistake. It had morphed into something it was not intended to be. We got those changes made because of the likes of Mad Breath Brian who had built his pirate around caging and exploiting the loopholes that were there.

16. George Burd

I didnt say there was a majority, but if the raids are changing how people are playing there could be. like I said before I only care about getting the health where i want it with cages to get the kill. although I have gotten 7 cage match kills, not sure how lol

Marc14 likes this.
  17. DeathMo the Drifter

DeathMo the Drifter Active Member

No problem for me ill just keep skipping the cage matches :)

Kirsten likes this.
  18. Jon Ward

Yep i remember rocking the boat group. Was nice when the developers would pop in there and listen to their players more.

Kirsten likes this.
  19. Old Salt

So anything happening on maybe closing out these cagematches once the achievements are reached so we can get these cagers to fight?

20. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We're removing Cagematching achievements from the requirements for unlocking bosses, so that's a start! Other than that no firm answer has been reached, although I do keep on reminding the devs. :)

Tony Montana and Kirsten like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.