PC and cage matching

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Kirsten, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

There is always new players and old ones coming back to fb. Kong platform never took off like you all thought it was going to when you decided to go play over there. I see new players all the time on fb side of pc already having their 1000 captains and working on their 1000 hires so still not an excuse. And if your saying you want caging to stay then let it stay over on Kong. We are talking about the facebook platform.

Old Salt likes this.
  2. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

but see there in lies a problem, it usually migrates, from vc to pc to lcn to fb to armor, what happens on facebook doesnt just stay there

3. George Burd

vc was the testing ground for arena and everyone told me I dont play there so doesnt affect me, well looky looky when it came to pc a new uproar and kano said you should have spoken up earlier

4. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Not talking about removing it but if you're a higher level (say 6000-8000 and above) and still relying on caging you do have a problem. Caging should not be available once you hit a certain level or you will never take off the training wheels so to speak. And if you can't get to 2000 crew on Kong then probably not many others are either. If they are then it's on you. And if you made an all-attack account then you have to live with that or adjust accordingly as you level. People should not build a pirate around one aspect of the game, you take a risk if you do that.

bighoof likes this.
  5. Old Salt

No, everyone knew whatever changes they made to the Arena was going to happen to all the games. That blindsided nobody. We all knew.

6. George Burd

noone should have to adjust so a few who cant handle losing 35 cages a day can be happy

7. Aletha A Tjaden

Aletha A Tjaden New Member

keep caging...it's fun watching so many get pissed off at cagers :eek:D

8. DMack

DMack New Member

I have never played on FB so I can not fully understand the issues with caging. On Armor it is not a problem I have heard anyone complain about. I can see a couple of negative things for me personally that would come from the removal of caging. First, hitting an enemy with a cage (one usually) to get them into the kill zone rather than hospitalize them is very handy. The second thing is without cages I won't have a rival list! With so few active players I need all the rivals I can get or I may as well be clicking on crops.

9. Old Salt

That's a weak argument. You built your pirate a certain way that's your responsibility not KANO's.

10. J Couch

J Couch New Member

Hell, if you are going to remove caging -- why not remove pistol whipping, bounty board, and battles in general? Caging is just one aspect of the game that allows people to build their pirate however they want to.........restrict caging and you take a certain aspect of people building their pirate a certain way out of the game. Can't say I like caging -- but I also know it is part of the game - if I don't like people caging I always have the option of hitting them back from the fight board.......

11. George Burd

I see more acive people joining in and want to remind everyone to vote on thread by stars at the top 5 restrict caging 1 leave it alone

12. Old Salt

Cagematching was already restricted once because the devs realized that people were building their pirates around something that was never meant to be used as a primary feature. So they limited the attacks to 50 in a 24 hour period I believe and bought up the experience payout that you would get for attacking a cager. Back then cagers had no crew so gave very little experience when you hit them. Very little. Like 15 points of experience. So they knew people wouldn't attack them back and that acted like a "default" defense, allowing them to throw all their skill points into attack. KANO saw this was a problem. These players had discovered a way to exploit this feature. Now it is happening again with the raids. People are so damn weak because they are leveling too fast that they are turning to caging as a primary means of attack.
    And good luck finding someone who cages you constantly that are alive when you come online. The ones I have all come across cage and hide. They can't do much of anything else. Cagematching is only in PC. Why? Because nobody else in the other games wants it. Can't blame them. It's a b/s feature meant as an out for the truly weak.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
    bighoof and Jolly Janet like this.
  13. Jolly Janet

Jolly Janet New Member

Don't really care for caging, but it is part of the game. I fight back or pistol whip

George Burd likes this.
  14. George Burd

and yet its a big deal why? some people play different than you

15. Old Salt

Because if "higher levels" are going to beat you, then they should be able to do it by attacking you. Not caging and hiding. Jon stated it perfectly in post #48 in this thread:

"Every cager i catch when their not hiding. The battle percentage is either 300 percent or 700 percent in my favor. Only reason they win is because their attack skills out number your def skills in a cage. That is it. Cheap way of playing. And lazy."

16. George Burd

but again its one aspect you want changed how you play, kano has systems for you to deal with them, its almost like your bullied by cagers? lol

17. George Burd

I hope that was just a extreme measure, I get the shakes thinking i cant play lol

18. George Burd

but losses are your own fault redirect your resources so you dont lose

19. George Burd

You just killed xxxxxxxxxxx with a Pistol Whip! You dealt 2008 damage. another valued product of well placed cages

20. Carlos Thord

Carlos Thord New Member

I say keep cagematches.. its a very useful tool in killing opponents whose health number just wont let you kill them from full health.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.