PC and cage matching

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Kirsten, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greatM

greatM Active Member

Lets debate the facts rather derogatory opinion on how others should or should not play a Fight game.
    All is fair in love or War.

And for argument sake accepting the OPs statement >
    Kirsten said: There is no harassment or bullying in a fighting game that excuse falls flat (typo corrected )
    Not that I agree with it.

There are limits in place to restrict attacks against an individual pirate from another pirate.
    In any game there are option to how each player chose to play.
    Each player has the option of how they use each of the different abilities the game offers.
    Pirates can chose to play a little or a lot, play free or spend.
    Pirates can chose to focus on some aspect of the game and ignore others, or be more balanced.

Directly relating to this debate.
    On one side we have level fast and weak, who seem to choosing, cagematch and hospital health, as the defence state when inactive.
    On the other side we have level slow and strong, who seem to chose, battle attack and fully power healed, as the defence state when inactive.

There are 3 states of health:- Dead, hospital, healed
    There are limits to the number of attacks per day on one pirate from another:-
    Cagematch very limited / Battle attack orders of magnitude higher.

Why should pirates with one playing style dictate what is available to another pirates playing style, that have already had their ability to play massively restricted.

The development team are best placed to look at the facts rather than personal opinions and compare what is available to one group cagematch players v battle attack players.

Personally I don't play cagematch hospital, I play making the best use of all aspects of the game, without wanting to dictate or get frustrated about, how other chose to play against me, as long as they play within the T&C of the game.

I would ask the question:- is there sufficient restrictions on Battle attack and bounty listing?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  2. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Why is cagematching only in PC? If it was such an important feature, why isn't it in the other three games? And why is it needed for upper levels in this game? And if it is so limited what would be the big deal about just doing away with it as an option for a player once all its achievements have been reached? I mean you're doing the full court press for something that is inconsequential in gameplay anyway as you keep saying.

And cagematching is apart from other battle aspects of the game. As has been pointed out repeatedly, in order to defend against a successful cagematch, one would have to have a lopsided defensive build. Since cagematching only uses certain aspects of the game in its equation: That is att/def and loadout. So there is no adjusting to it, because if you adjust to defend against a cagematch you would be too weak to attack anyone else with a balanced or somewhat balanced build.

So one can conclude that since it seems to be such an improper fit to the game (either have a radical build to use it or defend against it) then one can draw the conclusion that it does seem to fit the model of the devs original intent: To help baby pirates who haven't had time to gather a full crew yet, since caging does not consider crew in its battle equation.

In conclusion it would seem to me then that cagematching should be locked out after it's achievments have been reached, which should coincide with a pirate having filled up his crew sufficiently to not need this feature anymore.

Kirsten and bighoof like this.
  3. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Only reason it's in pirate clan was beta tested here and was left here since it had achievements attached to it to get players to use it and see how they would like the feature. A majority of players who played the other Kano games didn't want to see it implemented into viking slayer and mob. So they won but since it had achievements and some players already got the achievements quick. You can't roll it back under the carpet and kick it to the curb so they left it. We finally got them to reduce the amount it was acceptable until the point of raids bringing cagers back out of the wood works yet again. And if you look at their stats every single cager they do not have high kill ratios only high cage ratios. So using the concept of it helps with a kill still doesn't if you look at the worst cagers in the game. So quit using that as a crutch. I have more kills fighting regularly then majority of the cagers who only cage. So i guess my lopsided character isnt the right way to build since i can't kill no one doing it the right way obviously.

Kirsten likes this.
  4. greatM

greatM Active Member

questions :-
    How many counter can you put on a player?
    How many cagematch attacks can a play use on you?
    Can you protect yourself from cagematch when inactive by using hospital health as a defence option?
    Can you explain why this is not so much worse for a weaker total player, having to endure battle attacks from a slow level strong attack player?
    How is what you are proposing any different than a cagematch fighter preposing removing battle attacks from the game?

I would ask why you consider cagematch any more harassing or bullying than battle attacks in the same position, but you say :-
    Kirsten said: There is no harassment or bullying in a fighting game that excuse falls flat;);)

Why should the cagematch be removed when it is already so limited. Compared to battle attacks being removed?

If you was in armor/kong pc I could show you what ever level you was, with you being able to reset you SP for cagematch, that cagematch is far less harassing compared to any other form of potential harassment ;)
    I'll say kill you more times per day, rather than harassment, as you chose to say there is no harassment.

I would question your point you do not hide ( your word ), as you hide with full power healed when inactive, then you make a thread to get the only major minimal attack on you remove from the game that can diminish your hiding with full power heal.
    It is sad that you continue to chose derogatory words against players that so obviously get the better of you by adapting to the options in a game.

Full power heal is hiding more that hospital health is, if you understand the game. It is just some stronger totals players that chose to suggest the word hiding, when a player chooses hospital heath as a form of defence.;)

Cagematchers play to win;) and it would seem they are doing a better job of it.;) It seems to me, you want to remove the limited option they have because you want to win in your eyes. :rolleyes:

It is a game with many facets, some will win because they have done more achievement, challenges. bounty kills ect.

If some cagematchers pay to win gd for them. you either keep up or loss.
    Raids turned the game into pay to win not cagematch.

It is not just one strong attack player attacking the weak attack cagematch ( or not cagematch) player that chose to level fast.
    KANO ( read my lips) have chosen to leave cagematch open to all players. for years;) any argument you have for the removal of cagemtach can be used far more with battle attack. It is just that some players what to ignore how the game is progressing and chose not to adapt.
    remove cageematch /remove battle attack there are arguments for both depending on how you chose to play.

Kirsten, it is a game that evolves, I would remove raids, if it was down to me, but I adapted. You either do the same or not, your choice.
    How can you argue against such a limited attack option on one side, when it helps you, but believe /post :-
    Kirsten said: There is no harassment or bullying in a fighting game that excuse falls flat

PS if you really put me on ignore when you want to champion your thread you already failed. You can chose to ready or not others argument without mute.
    It seems you already realised you have lost any argument against removing cagematch.;)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  5. greatM

greatM Active Member

Jared, Im still waiting for your pm link. We can fight it out for the final argument on cage.

and post the result here :)

We could do the 1st to 100 kills ?
    or
    Who cant play when they want to without being hassled?

Jared, you determine what eternity is and I'll stop once we get there, or before if you like and we can post the results ;)

6. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Um, Jared said for you to send him "YOUR" link PM

Jon Ward likes this.
  7. greatM

greatM Active Member

Um JADES, my post you quote was to Jared, after I replied to Jared see above >

Im not on fb,

If you play Pirate Clan ( aromor/kong ) then I am more than happy to fight you and you can use anything you have especially cagematch and we can post back here how it turns out. :)
    PM me here your Pirate Clan name and ill find you.;)

8. Old Salt

Why is cagematching only in PC? If it was such an important feature, why isn't it in the other three games? And why is it needed for upper levels in this game? And if it is so limited what would be the big deal about just doing away with it as an option for a player once all its achievements have been reached? I mean you're doing the full court press for something that is inconsequential in gameplay anyway as you keep saying.
    And cagematching is apart from other battle aspects of the game. As has been pointed out repeatedly, in order to defend against a successful cagematch, one would have to have a lopsided defensive build. Since cagematching only uses certain aspects of the game in its equation: That is att/def and loadout. So there is no adjusting to it, because if you adjust to defend against a cagematch you would be too weak to attack anyone else with a balanced or somewhat balanced build.

So one can conclude that since it seems to be such an improper fit to the game (either have a radical build to use it or defend against it) then one can draw the conclusion that it does seem to fit the model of the devs original intent: To help baby pirates who haven't had time to gather a full crew yet, since caging does not consider crew in its battle equation.

In conclusion it would seem to me then that cagematching should be locked out after it's achievments have been reached, which should coincide with a pirate having filled up his crew sufficiently to not need this feature anymore.

----------------------------

Mitch can we have your input again? I don't believe any of the points I bought up in this post are in dispute. I believe you said in your last post that the devs had suggested that cagematching be locked for a player after the final achievement has been reached. That statement appears to have been the catalyst for the three pages or so of posts since then. And I'm sure you have read them. Are the devs still thinking along those lines?

Let's let Mtich post again first before anyone answers.

Mabest and Kirsten like this.
  9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

That's still the direction the developers are leaning, I don't have anything else to add at this time, however. A few things are in a holding pattern until we free up some more time on their end, this idea included. I know we'd like to see a resolution to this idea (and a few others), but we will have to put up with Cagematching as it currently is for the time being. When we get some more time to tackle this I'll let you know. :)

bighoof, Mabest, Old Salt and 2 others like this.
  10. greatM

greatM Active Member

Having used 5k cagematch to get the achievements why should I have a fight ability removed, while other that have not got to 5k cagematch who could be higher level, would be still able to use them against me and can ration them for kill shot adjustment.

When I use the 5k there was no suggestion that there may only be a limited supply of cagematch. I would have used them more wisely.

I know some have been trying to get to 5k with friendly fire to get there achievements done, as there was a suggestion that cagemath was going to be removed complete. These players will also be penalised some of these players are low level.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  11. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

can't oblige you. i play on server 2. now, if you want to come over there for some fun...

Kirsten likes this.
  12. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

I wish I could get this much chatter on crafting, maybe then we could see improvements, as it it I dont see a problem with losing access to cage matches when last achievement is gotten

Kirsten and Old Salt like this.
  13. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

don't be impressed, george, half of the posts in this thread are from one player reposting the same arguments with all of the other posters.

14. Jon Ward

Okay i am tired of your constant whining about killshot. Screen shot your profile and show us how many cagematch kills and kills you have. Every single cager that is on facebook barely have high kills whether its from reg battle or cage match battle getting the kill. If this is your big claim on why you want it show us how good you are at it.

Kirsten likes this.
  15. Jon Ward

I can copy my post also lol. Did you forget to say something.

Kirsten likes this.
  16. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

no I pasted a pic from iphone didnt work been trying to figure it out to edit and add photo

Battles Won: 107,606 Battles Lost: 110,276
    Battle Kills: 1,528 Death Count: 186
    Survival Streak: 569 Victory Streak: 0
    Counter Attacks: 1,797
    Cagematches Won: 2,011 Cagematches Lost: 4,391
    Cagematch Kills: 10

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    Jon Ward likes this.
  17. Old Salt

Sounds like he's upset that he shot past the 5K achievement mark in cagematching and it will be closed out to him now while others who maybe very rarely cage and are higher levels than him will still have the caging ability to use against him for a kill shot adjustment. (whatever that means) The people who cage me are well beyond 30,000 or 40,000 in cagematches. They are not using caging sparingly for "kill shot adjustments", they are using caging exclusively as a means of attack. And these are higher levels. And you're right, none of these players have more than five cagematch kills to their credit.
    But even if he means he's using the cagematch to try to get a PW kill or battle kill that is still not a valid enough reason to keep caging around for higher levels. And for those smaller pirates who raced ahead to get the 5K cagematching achievement because they were scared cagematching was being taken completely out of the game: First off I have no idea where they would have heard that and secondly that was on them to come to the forum and see for themselves what was being discussed instead of relying on hearsay.

Jon Ward likes this.
  18. greatM

greatM Active Member

Seems that the players that are arguing for its removal cant make posts without irrelevant derogatory comments.
    I could just as easily say the thread and anyone arguing for cagematch removal are whining about being attacked by others in a fight game, by an extremely restricted, legitimate attack option. ;)

I did try copy pasting a pic which I have done before here, but it didn't seem to work. Here are my stats>

Battles Won: 801,607 Battles Lost: 787,060
    Battle Kills: 2,197 Death Count: 1,079
    Survival Streak: 11,139 Victory Streak: 2
    Counter Attacks: 3,841
    Cagematches Won: 5,383 Cagematches Lost: 3,429
    Cagematch Kills: 4
    Noting, I got to 5k cagematch wins for the achievements many months ago.

What are your stats? so we can see what you are complaining about, with cagematch attacks in a fight game.

It sound like you are upset about being attacked with minimal attacks, in a fight game, by an extremely limited attack option ;)
    You play a fight game where you don't even understand how cagematch can be used to adjust health before a kill shot?

I'll also point out that you keep labouring the point that you believe it is a baby captains feature, however even the suggested possible change does not make it a baby captains feature.
    All the preposed change will do, is stop some players from using the feature, while other will still have it available regardless of level and/or strength, or how they use it.

30k-40k attacks:rolleyes: lol that many, like its a high number of attack in a fight game and it sounds like they don't even get many kills.
    So why put so much effort into trying to get cagematch removed?

I'll ask you the same > What are your stats? so we can see what you are complaining about, with cagematch attacks in a fight game.

19. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Glanced at it real quick greatM, make it short and sweet, I saw blah blah

Old Salt and Kirsten like this.
  20. greatM

greatM Active Member

JADES, as you are on the side of the cagematch removal it would be interesting to see your stats so,
    I'll ask you the same > What are your stats? so we can see what you are complaining about, with cagematch attacks in a fight game.

I guess you haven't counted the amount of post from Kirsten, Old Salt, and Jon Ward, trying to get cagematch removed, that they chose to put down as something other than it is, a very limited attack option:-
    Kirsten >55 post
    Old salt > 59 post
    Jon Ward > 33 post
    Me> 26 posts.
    And you chose to single me out as not being short and sweet with posting, when Old Salt accused me of writing novels, after doing so himself and you jumped on the band wagon.

Seems you are not so good at simple maths see above ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.