[VC] Only Attack When Raid Boss Party Health Bar Is Green!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Brown Barbaloot, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Brown Barbaloot

Brown Barbaloot New Member

I am constantly amazed at the number of players who attack raid bosses when the party health is orange or red.

From the walk-through instructions:
    "As the Raid Party’s Health is reduced, your Attacks and Barrages will do less damage and earn you less XP."​
    From the Raid Health Help Modal (the (i) to the right of the party health bar):
    "As the Raid Party's Health is reduced, your Attacks and Barrages will do less damage."​

I see this behavior from a lot more players than just ioio666 (although he could certainly serve as the poster child!).

Are these players intending to do less damage per hit? Are they intending to earn way less xp per hit? Or are they just completely ignorant of the Raid Boss game mechanics?

Mystified...

2. YodaYoda

YodaYoda Member

I would answer 'no' to all of your questions. Their intention is to avoid using their precious energy. They hit the raid boss even though they may inflict less damage or gain slightly less xp because there is more xp gained for attacking, and not so much xp gained for healing. They don't care if it forces other players to waste their energy by healing for them.

3. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

I think you are exactly right. They just don't care how it affects other players!!

George Burd likes this.
  4. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

You would also be surprised how many do not bother reading the fine print.

5. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

age old problem since the beginning of raids

Kirsten likes this.
  6. Vic

Vic Active Member

yeah, 2 raids i was in were sabotaged. i won't worry about joining them anymore. if you can't fill them up with 30 players, it's almost impossible to put them down without spending money, anyway.

7. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

Gosh - you mean that some players in here are selfish in their anonymity? Well, well, well.

8. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

What if it is in blue, should I attack or wait for the leader to heal????

9. Alice Prospero

Alice Prospero Active Member

I'm going with this.