Oh No you Didn't!

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by AlterEgoT, Feb 22, 2012.

1. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

So you add these new top squad.

We all start playing around with them and see hey I can get 20% and use more UN on the things and then boom, suddenly the boost disappears. So we're stuck with 5 pointmen in our top squad (at 25 un a pop) that are basically useless to us

What's the deal?

Do we get the boost or not? and if not you owe us some UN.

2. SHO KOSUGI

SHO KOSUGI Member

i would rather have 20 roughneck its cheapo!

3. What 20% boost are you talking about?

You only get 10%. No more than 10%.

4. SHO KOSUGI

SHO KOSUGI Member

They were there hour ago but not now!

5. Then it was clearly a glitch/bug and not intended.

The administrators themselves said no more than 10%.

6. SHO KOSUGI

SHO KOSUGI Member

thats what make us buying some worthless hired squad.. i want a refund lol

7. AlterEgoT

Total of 20% standard boost.
    5% contract
    5% striker
    5% defender
    5% pointman

Usually I don't care about the glitches when stuff is added, I'm just glad they keep adding stuff. BUT if you add something with complicated descriptions and short little explanations that require UN then I would hope you test it before people spend real cash on the stuff.

8. AlterEgoT

We all sat there figuring it out together in feed. It's not like we just assumed. We all tried it out trying to figure out what they meant by the descriptions, buying stuff to test it.

Not cool in my opinion.

9. There Will Be Blood

There Will Be Blood Active Member

There was a higher boost range (2% - 10%) but they lowered it. It wasn't a glitch, it was an intentional change.

10. AlterEgoT

so as I read this new players that don't have the strikers/defenders benefit the most from this boost wise? Because they spending the Same UN for twice the power. That correct?

11. No. The first Hired Squad slot is level locked at level 450. New players cannot use Hired Squad until then.

Brawlers don't give a boost, but offer 120% of your attack and defense.

Pointmen give a boost to attack and defense of 2%. So 5 Pointmen = 10% attack boost and 10% defense boost, or 10 strikers and 10 defenders. (The same as it was before, right?) Also, they only offer 90% of your attack and defense.

12. SHO KOSUGI

SHO KOSUGI Member

read my mail KANO, I want a refund. Thanks :)

13. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Anyone that was impacted by the +10% boost before the fix went live, please msg support and we will get it sorted for you.

14. AlterEgoT

I still don't think I'd bother buying strikers/defenders just for the boost. Most of the players didn't get their striker/defender boost until much later than level 450 anyway. Not too mention all the upgrading that went into the things just to get them near what the new ones have. Seems to be a price imbalance.

I think Kano needs to understand this is often time real $$ issue not whether we like the feel of the game or not.

15. AlterEgoT

Thank you :)

16. The upgrading seems silly to me. I asked for advice when I first started on what to use my UN for and people suggested Hired Squad. So I have two Strikers and one Defender with less than 100 points in stats that I'll have to upgrade, but I'm not going to bother upgrading them until I get much higher of a level.

But for the boosts, you can just throw in five pointmen and get your 10% attack and 10% defense while having 90% of your stats reflected in the Pointman. It's a much more reasonable choice if you're going for the boosts alone.

If you're wanting to overpower someone in attack/defense though, then Strikers/Defenders seem to the best choice if you need the boosts. Otherwise it'll be Brawlers.

17. AlterEgoT

I'm high level. HAD to upgrade them to get my top squad high enough to match my skills. Believe me I'd really rather not.