October 8th Developer Update - New Messaging System

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Smack, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

A new Messaging system has been implemented in Viking Clan. As a result of this change any of your old messages are now gone.

Here are some of the new features you will notice about in game messaging:
    • Message after an attack: you can now message your opponent directly from the Fight Results page.
    • Tabbed Inbox: your Clan messages are separated from your Public messages for better organization.
    • Message History: from any message in your inbox you can click on 'Recent History' to show the most recent messages sent between you and another player.
    • Non-Clan Messages: the pre-made message system has been overhauled to give you more flexibility in communicating with other players. You can now combine up to 3 different phrases to create a more meaningful message. The phrases are broken into sub-groupings of Questions, Answers and Responses.
    As with all of our features we appreciate feedback from the players! Also note that there is a Guild invite message that has been added to the pre-made message dropdown to help people fill out their factions.

*NOTE* You may have to refresh your game to ensure that the new pre-made message system behaves properly.

UPDATE - Oct 19 Unblocking players has been added due to multiple requests for this feature. To unblock a player go to their profile page and click the "Unblock User" button which is located where the "Send Message" button usually is.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  2. Message options its a bit squashed up looks like all in one lol

Attached Files:

3. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Can you try to refresh the game. There were new CSS styles applied to those buttons, so if you do not have the latest CSS loaded they will mash together like that. If this still doesn't solve your problem please let us know and we will look into it further.

4. its all good this morning .. Thank You

5. david_silices

david_silices New Member

i cant see my messages,when i try to read it,i click and i see 0 messages on my inbox so, where are my messages?¿? sorry about my english,i know that is not good...

6. i have the same problem as david!! It says i have 3 messages and when i click it says 0 messages. What's going on?

7. did you click on public message they must be there
    look attachment

Attached Files:

8. ya i know the difference between the clan and public messages, but this has happened like twice yesterday, it says i have 3 messages when i click on it both public and clan are 0 :S, but today i haven't experienced the problem , guess it was fixed or some weird glitch..thnxs anyways man :)

9. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

User Unblocking

The top post has been updated to reflect the 'Unblock' feature added to the game.

10. u guys getting better and better ... ;)