October 7th Developer Update (Guilds beta)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Eric, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Eric

Eric Administrator

You have the option to join or create your own Guild, a tight organized group of Chieftains who all share the same goal. Choose between "Settlers" and "Raiders". Guilds built around settlers may be more geared towards adventures and battling bosses all for the purpose of exploring and building. Raiders are for those who wish to rule at whatever cost and usually may participate more in battle raids against other players and bosses. Check the mandate message on the guild profile as an indication also of what type of activities they may be into.

Guild Help

You will be allowed to help fellow guild members in Quests and Boss Fights. Look for help posts in your member feed area on your guild profile.

Guild Alliances and Enemies

Strategize with other guilds and create alliances, not only will people know who you are aligned with it will open up a feed channel for you to communicate with. Creating Enemies will publicly let everyone know who you are against.

More to Come

Guilds are currently in Beta. Look out for supporting features and enhancements coming soon.

Attached Files:

2. Love it...
    lets see who is who now he he :D

this new upgrade is when i have to go bed and i have to stay late now haha

3. self

self Member

Interesting... Now to have a good name for a guild

4. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Very interesting changes ... with the new empire as promised with a boss thrown in ... with a ...bunch of high powered adventures with ... who knows what else ...

Thanks from the Royal Vikings of Valhalla!

5. Eddie

Eddie Member

When you mark someone as an enemy it says "
    Your request to become enemies with this Guild has been sent out. You will be notified in your event feed if this is confirmed."
    1. That is just not well thought out. If a nation A wants to declare war on nation B, it does not go to nation be and say "Nation B, is it okay if we declare war on you, bomb the cr*p out of you and turn your cities into piles of rubble?"
    Of course Nation B will say its not okay and not give permission to war them.

2. Another idea, once enemies are declared, a guild has the option to "surrender" and the other guild would then have the option to "accept surrenders"
    Because right now you can just "remove link" and the enemy is removed.

3. Guilds have some kind of "respect/health level" that can be built up by actively hitting enemy guilds(gives a good sum of respect) and ability to boost respect by helping can with adventures(low respect/health" give out... This would create competition among guilds and will give the ability to destroy an enemy guild by driving their respect/health down to 0.

4. The ability to upgrade the size of the guild, should be very expensive.

5. Ability to donate/store money in a guild which one the owner and office has access to. This will allow members to contribute to guild upgrades.

6. Make the price to start a guild a very high amount so that vc will not have an overload of guilds. The price should be based upon the current number of guilds created. So the more guilds out there, the more costly it will be to start a new one.

7. Ability to use respect/health points to upgrade the stats of its members. for instance, it costs 200 respect to make stamina recharge time go from 2 minutes to 1:50 minutes. and the next upgrade more expensive and so on.
    These are just a few suggestions off the top of my head to make the guilds more interesting and incorporate them further into the game.

8. Once enemies, there should be the ability to actually VIEW the enemies guild and its members so you could hit them. (isn't that the point of being enemies?)

9. When viewing enemies of your guild, when you click the name, it should not remove the guild but view that guild, and if there was an option to "surrender" then it needs to have a confirmation window.

Overall, this would turn guilds into war machines or peaceful guilds. This would encourage players to interact more and get involved more.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  6. Kel the Merciful King

Top Poster Of Month

Nice list of suggestions Eddie! I woke up to 62 requests to join ... with 1 spot open ...

7. the same here just have to look who is who .. some not clan lol also some high level friends i ask them to make they own one and than join alliance .. size 25 make you think a lot who will be in or out ...

8. Eric

Eric Administrator

Thanks for the suggestions eddie! Guilds are currently in beta and there are alot of enhancements and features that are in the works, including some you have mentioned. Right now players can use it as a management and strategy system with other players, we're taking all feedback seriously and will work on this feature to make it the best for you guys.

9. Now if we could just have entire guilds battle other guilds in a single "army" melee.

10. Micaylah

Micaylah Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Yah I didnt get into yours. :eek:

11. Buzzbomb

Buzzbomb New Member

A group of players forms a guild, then uses alt accounts to form a second 'enemy' guild for the purpose of losing to the first guild, then disbands and reforms and does it all over again, allowing the first guild to cheat the system and earn Respect Points for nothing. This would be too easily abused.

This would limit the formation of guilds to only the highest level players, lower levels would never be able to start something on their own. I agree their needs to be something to keep the number of guilds from exploding into hundreds of one-man armies, but I don't think this is the solution.

12. Kel the Merciful King

Top Poster Of Month

I wanted you in :( ... I wanted to add 100 ....:(

13. Eddie

Eddie Member

@Buzzmob
    Of course there will be some people who abuse the upgrades, but the overall majority follow the rules and play fair. The benefits outweigh the cons.

14. jhws

jhws New Member

First thoughts on the Guilds Beta

Hi,

Quite surprised to see this area of forums so peaceful...thought the Guilds Beta would have caused a greater buzz. The idea is good, so thanks for that addition to the game! :)

Anyway...after 1 day of dragging along my 'ThorHammer Guild' and its 25 members, I would like to throw in a few simple thoughts:

- joining a guild should automatically demand the joining of clans as well (for obvious reasons).
    Or...would it be 'too tight' to simply limit joining of Guilds to existing Clan members??? After all, even 'newbies' have some friends in their clan, so it shouldn't cause a problem. Right now it is a little bit weird to get Guild requests from ppl who have absolutely nothing to do with ones friends/clans.

- specific tasks for joint operations are needed for the guild. Why not expand the Boss fights et.c. to a whole guild instead of a single clan member. Same thing with other battles, for ex. Guild vs. guild, and of course the traditional guild vs. 'annoying viking x' somewhere out there...

- Communications. We (leaders/officers) need an easy way to reach to whole 'flock', as it is obvious they won't come checking the Guilds internal messages too often. Maybe a group msg button within the Guild page?

Pls forgive me if this was placed in the wrong section of the forums...tried to take a look first.

There are other thoughts as well, but I'm sure you have a lot going on already re. improvements and development, so I guess it's better to try out the Beta and see what nice things you have in store for a near future ;)

Once again - thank you for the new feature! Viking Clan is a great game!

- 'Jan ThoyBhoy Thorhammer'

[THMR] ThorHammer

15. Kel the Merciful King

Top Poster Of Month

First off, I do like the guild feature and the non-clanned being able to be added is definitely a bonus. My guild as a leader is about friends and these are not all clanned up for sure. Friends asking friends to join etc. Meeting new people. Old enemies setting axes aside sometimes ... Enemies showing up in boss battles, respectfully ... so far!

People in my experience, do come back: the guild feed is very lively as people post boss links there first. They post axe slaps. They post battle requests (you got some time, I want to battle). They laugh and cajole. Congrat on slap kills. Throw in ideas ....

We do have an enemy guild currently and we have slapped each member repeatedly. We want to have another enemy guild but they want no part of us so far (KANO buck buck buck ...). Likely we will bounty all of the enemy guild we have till ...whenever ...

That feature tho of adding an enemy guild and needing permission to accept them being as an enemy, that is strange. But since having one surrender in effect to us, that was the mechanism: they wanted to be our enemies. We accepted. They got their licks. They cancelled the enemy request somehow. 1-0 for us. Hurrahs within the guild feed were shared.

Suggestion dept:

How about guild v. guild fights, with 25 members v. 25 members cumulatively. Best 500,000 warriors, best 250,000 weapons. This way, at least some of the drops could be used that are sitting as clunkers (Rock Tunics anyone???).

Leading to ....

Keep a guild score board. 1-0 so far is unrecorded but "we" know it.

Have automated guild attacks ... round of 10 fights say. with a variance of maybe 15% to give a chance outcome to the event.

Have guild boss battles: the entire guild is responsible for killing the boss, and the reward is shared equally or proportionally ...Free riders in the guild should be identifiable. Keep it up, and well ... maybe the guilds them selves will create dissension, and battling opportunities ... something the developers seem to thrive on creating "Lets get these people hating each other so they fight, fight, fight ..."

More to come ...

16. Diva

Diva Member

Regarding the guilds, our guild posts a lot of boss battles for one another.

The problem is that you can't post a hyperlink so you have to cut & paste everything.

Is there any way you can fix this, so I can post a link and then the other people in my guild can go directly to the link?

Also, under clan feed, there is a link for guilds, but it only shows which guilds are recruiting. It would be really cool if it just posted my own guild feed there.

Right now, I have to go to my profile and then click to read my guild feed.

Thanks a lot.

17. Diva

Diva Member

Automatically Demand you join Clans??? No thanks LOL

Don't know about other guilds, but we use ours to post if someone is online for a quick battle.

We're not all clanned up and I prefer it that way.

One of the benefits of a guild is that we can participate in everyone's boss battles & we take advantage of this feature quite a bit (which is why it would be so useful if you could post a hyperlink).

It doesn't matter if you're clanned up. As long as you're in the same guild, you can do the boss. Love this feature.

In VC everyone's clan overlaps. We all take it as a given (I do anyway) that one person has someone in his/her clan that someone else in the guild considers an arch rival.

It's the nature of the game. Likewise within the guild itself.

I want the ability to jump in & out of clans to help someone level or to have a friendly battle.

Thanks!

18. I like these ideas.