October 1st- 2 New Locations (Helheim and Vingolf)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Oct 1, 2010.

1. i like the idea that we get more stamina// energy drop per higher level .. i never see that in other apps and i think its genius will make more players to shoot for more levels and sounds like fair for higher level players so they have more experience and benefit from Developers :)

2. its 2 years played this game and i got 1500 fire trolls and will be other long 5years to get full set of some good drops . well some spend money on game and they got 4000 adventure drops in half year and still its to hard to collect good amount of drops in realistic time ... i remember when death dealer drop was change to 50% and was good and now its every 4 times one drop ??!! its confusing .. best is just make 100% drops on adventures and we can do only 4-5 adventures from each level so its not much to ask ...

3. Good work Dev's

players above level 2100:

Facebook: 38
    MySpace: 20
    Hi5: 7 >> its not so bad and how many complain? 6-7 players from total of 65 players ?
    lets give some bonus for 6-7 players who complain and all sorted :D

about 3rd location im not going to ask details as i know Dev's like surprises he he
    but that's a lot work to get 3rd location 2 more bosses... adventures... in one week ...wow !!
    im more about new stuff to come ... just take Your time no rush !!!

4. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Bosses were not part of the week deal, but they will be out as soon as possible, we do not want to rush the art required for the bosses as they take a lot longer to draw. We are currently working on all the content and were able to re-prioritize one artists work to help get us content for the end of this week.

We will get the third location out this week with 2 bosses to come in the near future.

5. Griff

Griff Member

I don't want to do this just yet but can the Devs reset me if I ask? If so , I want to sell off everything and have a bit of fun first. Of course I need to keep my hired chiefs. My game is screwed and I don't see any way to fix it. I put in way over a year working my stats and building my character . I cant see that I will ever be strong enough to battle now. I hate to lose my stats but being on that leaderboard wasn't the reason I started playing VC and that isn't what hooked me. I enjoyed planning and using strategy to build a strong character and I based this strategy on the rules of the game at hand. Now there has been so many changes that favored newer clans that I am too weak to continue. The only thing that will fix my game is to start over and build according to the new rules. Im not so sure I have the heart to do it all again but that's what I will have to do or stop playing altogether. It has been a long hard road and I thank everyone I have had the honor to meet along the way. Let me know if resetting is an option. DO NOT reset me until I ask cause I want to sell off and be number one on hoard a little bit before handing over the bounty crown to Mike :) .... Thanks , Griff

6. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Griff, is the desire to reset and play from scratch to re-do all the adventures to collect the drops or is it to re-allocate your skill points?

For drops, we will be taking this into account when we balance the drops from the bosses better against the adventures taking into account the issues that have been brought up in this thread, so you should be able to keep yourself strong if you take some time to boss battle and help out friends with theirs. Also, we are considering doing as we did for PC and adjust timer refill attributes for higher levels and based on thresholds reached, so say at level 2000 energy regens 30% faster or something like that, right now we are testing it out in some of our games to see the impacts.

For skill points, we continually are adding new achievements with the new content that continues to add more skill points, you should be able to rebalance your skills while continuing to play.

We are committed to doing our best to make this change work for everyone.

7. Vanadium Cobalt

Vanadium Cobalt New Member

Hi Eric,

You say more drops from bosses to compensate for adventures, won't lower levels from the 2000 range benefit from this, too? if so, not only will they have 1000+ more adventures by the time they reach level 3000 but the added bonus of better boss drops. Is this right or am I missing something.

Regards,

V.C.

8. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

A higher level player should have more attributes and be able to take down the bosses a lot quicker, the refill on stamina is 50 per level so the field should be balanced a bit better for all levels. In the long run, I would expect a higher level player to benefit from the new bosses better than a lower level player would.

Higher level should also have the advantage in att/def which should give them the edge in battle which is why we made the att/def weighting change in the first place to help offset issues like this.

9. Sturla

Sturla New Member

Fully agree with Mike & Kel

Not here to beat up the developers- great game, and its good to know who to complain to if I have to fire myself over my VC addiction :)

That said, I agree with the higher-level players who say it's BS that all of these adventures that we've paid for (in the literal and figurative sense) on the way up have now been made cheaper. Not asking for special treatment, but it only seems fair to credit those who have worked through those levels at higher costs to make things square. Its also fair to consider that the higher-level players have almost certainly supported the game financially on the way up... only seems right to keep things level.

You guys do this with achievements that are added after-the-fact, I dont see why it can't be done with this.

Saw a post yesterday from someone who suggested "cursed" items. That is a great idea, which could be made better in one way - if we could each pass along one cursed item a day to Berserker Rage :)

10. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Some amount was given yesterday in relation to this. Can someone from Kano please explain the calculation of the amount due? Some folks are getting some thing. Some folks apparently due similar treatment are not getting it. The amount seems to be "willy nilly". See here: http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?5070-energy-glitch