*Note: Only 1500 friends will be used to build your Social Feed. Please reduce your C

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Jared, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

*Note: Only 1500 friends will be used to build your Social Feed. Please reduce your Chieftains size to ensure you are seeing the most recent feed items.

What the heck is this? Is this related to the technical issues last month that we received a reward for earlier today? Does this apply to all Kano apps? I understand that there may be social feed limitations due to posting volume, but this is a real shame...

I would like to say, as I've mentioned before, that I believe Kano does a good job more often than not... Wonder Woman in particular has been a posting fiend today!

2. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Have not seen this in pirate clan. But i will go check viking clan to see if its there also for me. to see if its a fluke or something.

3. Jon Ward

Were did you see that issue at Jared in the game.

4. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Right at the top of the social feed on the home page, Jon... it's in orange, and you can't miss it if you're looking at any of the social feeds... I already left LCN, so I'll see if it's there tomorrow... I'm on Pirates now, and I don't see it there, but I may not have reached the limit there yet, that's the newest app that I started playing...

5. Jon Ward

I see were your talking about on the game. As of right now i do not see that issue on mine. But i will pass it up to one of the admins to see if they can explain this and if its a new feature added into the game. Please be patient since sometimes they are very busy doing other things. Thank you.

6. Ghengis Krom

Ghengis Krom New Member

1500 friends

i guess my question is, what 1500? top 1500? random 1500? explain please

7. Rex Hayward

Rex Hayward Member

yes it must i have the same in mob wars lcn ..but i will not be reducing my mob as i am not just booting people .its a hard job getting a full mob and if we dont add new players cant fill there mob ..

8. Maler

Maler Member

it happenend to me as well. i suppose we have to start deleting chieftains from clan now ?

9. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Hey everyone, we are running some tests on the social feed to identify potential bottlenecks and to help improve game stability and performance. As you can imagine, pulling players feeds for thousands of alliance members can take a toll on the servers if not sourced in a highly optimized way.

Any changes / tests on the social feed should not be noticed by any players so we have gone ahead and removed the note as it was causing confusion which was not the intention.

We are looking to improve how we are sourcing players to show in the feed based on activity / recent posts which we are already doing in the feed, so basically we are just trying to optimize our current algorithm.

10. Maler

Maler Member

then i don't need to remove chieftains from my clan ?

11. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Thanks, Kendall... I was hoping we wouldn't have to remove players that we added, this will really hurt the lower level players (although I'm not a very high level myself...) I'm not a techie myself, but I understand that the network can get bottlenecked with all of the feed postings... I just hope that you and the other Kano devs will be able to find a solution somehow...

12. Dunk Nielsen

Dunk Nielsen Member

DEVS can you please respond some what fast on this issue ?? what happend in the boss feed ?? when i go to my boss feed on home page it only has a few bosses and it goes back 9 hours now with out looking at older post before it never went back more than 20-30 min , i have over 3000 in my clan and i cant even maintain 50 bosses anymore on a normal day before this i would hit 150 -300 in a day , if this keeps up you might as well put the DELETE THIS APP on the home page because iam sure more would like to use that option with all these new changes , it sure not made to help players

13. Jon Ward

Dunk Nielsen. Check to see on the social feed on the far right hand box when you change it to which ever category your doing bosses adventures challenges. The box right next to it should have the option of letting you see your respective players or all players. ALways click the all players box. It will show more on your feed. Hope this helps you.The tab should be called group. Look for that tab in your social feed it will be to the right of the event tab. Click the group tab and change it to All players.

14. Deltan

Deltan Member

This change was reverted today.