not losing exp when dying

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Relentless, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

In my feed it said I was punch killed but I didn't lose any exp, is this a bug or something? and I've also noticed when someone is on the hitlist healing and they die from a booby trap, there still on the hitlists? Shouldn't they die and no one gets the bounty?

2. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Heaps of players hide because they know they will get beat. If you can't hurt them with a punch kill, whats the point of having a punch feature at all?

So when someone dies from a booby trap but stays listed, do they lose experience? If not, that's something the Dev's should take a serious look at.

3. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

You will lose XP on a punch kill, the amount of XP just isn't shown in the in-game feed. I will put this on our list of things to do, for a while there was a bug where punch kills were not subtracting XP but that was fixed a while ago.

4. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

As for the bounty trap killing of someone while they are on the hitlist, they will get killed but someone will need to attack that player on the hitlist to clear them off. No one would get the $$ from the bounty.

5. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

This isn't true at all. I've repeatedly rig someone while they were on the hitlist and after they have busted it, I've attacked them on the list to clear it and they are still there and healing away.

This really needs to be fixed or the higher levels can get listed and heal for as long as they want, listing everyone, because they can't be touched.

6. POG MA HAON 2

POG MA HAON 2 New Member

very simple solution..stop playing out of your league...if you just concentrated on your own levels you might find that health has a major component of this game..and 1 ambush wont kill...but they can attack and list you into hospital..as ..well tonight

7. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

I didnt say anything about ambushing. The point of a booby trap is to kill someone when they try and list you. From what I've seen, that's not happening when someone hit's a rig on the hitlist, and it should.

As for playing outta my leage? LOL Thats pretty funny coming from you! As I'm healed, and your not.

8. KNIGHT

KNIGHT New Member

The trick to getting past the dying from trap on hitlist is...heal fast..before anyone hits you after you die from trap..if done quick enough..you resume on the list as if the trap kill never happened.People have tried to take me off that way..but Im used to it and expect the traps.

9. Vampryss

Vampryss Guest

Top Poster Of Month

How would you feel about taking away the ability to heal altogether while on the hitlist?

10. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

I'd rather see fights lost go on to your fights lost count. If people wanna heal that's up to them, but being hitlisted is a punishment, not a way take advantage of the 24 hour retaliation window. Where they beat the noobies into not wanting to play the game. Retaliation is to be expected, but some people take it to far.

11. Dread Lord

Dread Lord New Member

Only thing hit list need is my option iss. ready for it >??? FREE for all when your on bounty board.......l even clan can kill you ....that fix it all .....better for every one and no sitters like my self and others ..

12. like me right now on pirate clan lol

13. Vampryss

Vampryss Guest

Top Poster Of Month

lol.. i have to admit I wouldn't mind takin a stab at ya.. even if I fall over before I make contact..

14. T5000

T5000 Member

See this rule would be totally wrong

ll'l give you an example:
    The other night I listed Crawley who got taken down by Mamalonglegs
    I then listed Mamalonglegs...... to be then ........listed by her myself
    I stayed on the list for bout an hour
    In that time i had probably 50-60 attackers

Some contenders but.......Some shouldnt have bothered

While i was on the list ,I inturn listed a few attackers
    and either the coffe maker or drinker did quite well
    My point is, I was making more bounties for other players to take

I believe that you should only go for a bounty if you can take it
    ..............OR SUFFER THE CONSIGQENCES

15. Vampryss

Vampryss Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I'm not saying take away the consequences of trying, I'm 110% for those.. I'm just suggesting removing the ability to heal while on the hit list.. that way you cant sit for hours on end (if you are there that long) hitting the heal button.. I don't mind either way.. was just curious what the overall 'feeling' would be on this idea..

16. Dread Lord

Dread Lord New Member

Yo Death let me tri to take ya off when ya healing ??? i think i can

17. T5000

T5000 Member

I lost 2000 XP when i died.

If it was to go that way,it would retard people leveling and increase the number of cash accts.

It would be easier if lower levels we unable to attack higher levels and visa versa

18. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

I don't see a problem with someone healing for hours if they want to spend their cashing doing so. But the game offers little defence for lower levels. The only good thing about the ambush system is you can get skill points for doing so many. I'm all for retaliation, I just think if you hit a rig on the hitlist, you should die and be removed from the hitlist.

T5000 - I felt like I was the only person hunting when you were listed lol

19. The Coffee Drinker

The Coffee Drinker New Member

When your placed on the hitlist, you are there for punishment, the idea is for you to lose experience points.

You should be able to stay on the hitlist for as long as you feel like it, if you want to waste your money healing then thats up to you.

BUT

You should not recieve any experience whilst listed
    You should die and be removed from the hitlist if you hitlist someone and they have you rigged
    Your kill count should go up if someone suicides trying to claim your bounty
    Your fights won should not go up (its punishment, not a reward)
    Your fights lost should go up

20. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

No way! I've taken down bounties of people twice my level. It's the same for the healing while listed, if someone wants to have ago at it, who are you to tell them not to just because of their level. There wouldn't be much point in even having a hitlist if they started segregating players by level.