New PVP feature for LCN

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Sir Opinion Alot, Apr 2, 2015.

?

Drive by feature for LCN

1. yes

53.8%
  2. no

34.6%
  3. maybe

11.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Vic

Vic Active Member

someone here has a nested signature, too bad the member hasn't posted here since it would be appropriate for this subject.

The Navigator likes this.
  2. The Navigator

The Navigator Active Member

Who? I'd like to read the signature.

3. Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec Active Member

isnt this the whole point of posting the idea on the thread... for it to be discussed and worked on. Instead of simply saying it has too many flaws suggest a solution. the idea behind the concept was to get more player vs player going in the game again. LCN has become about quick xp with no need to get into battles with fellow mob, but player vs player was what the game was about.

this idea is workable. it will open up lower level mobs to high levels that have been subjected to the drive by, and allow the lower levels to get revenge by killing an enemy that would otherwise be untouchable. i dont see how it would really "imbalance" the game more than Raid bosses do??? you say it imbalances the game but dont explain why. the purpose here is to give feed back that can be worked with.

Sir Opinion Alot and WendelinR like this.
  4. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

I myself wanna see this worked in soon, we need more to make it a active PVP game and not just a boss leveling game. The idea has great concept there is not alot left on the drawing board to think about rules weapons and etc. And also brings more meaning to the syndicate also beside just dailies and the SW's which SW's has got old and not that big of deal, it is also a group thing not PVP. Lets push this people

5. WendelinR

WendelinR Active Member

absolutely word, i always wanted to say that too.

drive by - u know it needs to be implemented in some way, its a classic idea

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  6. Sir Opinion Alot

totally RIDE OR DIE

7. Sir Opinion Alot

hey kano lots of people agree dont let this awesome idea just die out come on it is total in line for LCN

8. graveyardgabby

graveyardgabby Active Member

I think this idea needs some work but, I'm sure the devs could manage to figure out all the details. I really like the concept of doing a drive by and having to get 4 of your friends to go along for the ride. I think it would definitely give the lower levels a nice way to do a higher level in the eye while at the same time, giving the targeted high level something to do after being victimized! lol One problem I see with it is the absolute no defense against it. I would propose a change to that. My thought is, if the attacking party's total attack isn't x % greater than the victim's defense, the drive by should be defeated and killed! Muahahahaha. My other concern is people would spawn alts to use to fill out their drive by partners. Drive bys would need to be closely monitored for this imo. I'm sure i could go on and on but, I will close with one last thought on the matter. I think drive bys should be limited to syndicate members and allied syndicate members. This would give alliances more impact and meaning in the game and also build a stronger bond between syndicate members and allies.

Xipe Totec likes this.
  9. Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel Active Member

I did nt understud verry well but I like new things :D I said maybe

10. Radd

Radd New Member

I can think of a few i would like to drive by.

11. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

/ over?

12. WendelinR

WendelinR Active Member

implement this gah dammit, hurry up, what r u doing the whole day anyway

13. graveyardgabby

LOL, wendelin posted a fake drive by win in chat yesterday, it was so funny and people were like wth was that? I know some people don't see the point of a feature like this, and in it's originally proposed format, I don't think it would be so good. The player being attacked does need the chance to win and doing a combined attack strength vs the defense strength of the player being attacked would be a good way to implement this. Whether it be straight numbers or if the attack strength needs to be a certain percentage higher than the defense. It would add that element of risk for the attacking party and reward the strong player in a big way if the attack failed. Also, a good critical hit bonus that could go either way would make this risky and a bit of a thrill for both sides. To me this would be a double win as it would add to both the pvp portion of this game as well as the social.

14. RedTurtleGames

RedTurtleGames Active Member

Interesting idea, but personally, I'm not sure I understand the value added by this feature... What does it accomplish that hitlisting doesn't?

15. graveyardgabby

For one thing it would be free and allow people with low cash to go after those high bounty guys. It would not encourage bot (though they would have to watch out for alts) usage like the hit list can/does. It would also be a way around the rig and ambush. Another thing it would do is, it would encourage team play/social activity in that you have to get so many of your friends to ride along. Making it for synd and synd allies only would also make synds and synd alliances more meaningful. It would also be rewarding for those that can't beat a stronger player on their own because they would now have a way to get them. It would be rewarding to the stronger player if they are strong enough to ward off the drive by there by killing a whole bunch of players at one time lol and getting them on rivals. What an ego trip that would be for the ones that care about that kind of thing. And, it doesn't have to be all about the weaker player going for the stronger. If you have a guy hiding in the hospital doing hit and hide attacks + keeping you rigged out, you could get some mates together and take him to his grave with a drive by. It all depends on how this thing is set up and implemented.

Edit - One more thing red, it would allow direct action. Hit list is a kill by proxy and the lister doesn't get the satisfaction of being able to make the kill himself. A drive by, at least he could participate in the attack and score part of the kill.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
    Xipe Totec likes this.
  16. graveyardgabby

I had another thought, why not roll this out as a test for war mode players only? They don't mind fighting and dying and it would give the weaker war mode players a chance to score some points on the stronger war mode guys. It would also bring in something new that is only available in war mode. That might bring more players into war mode just because it would be a new feature only available there. Also, the people that think they are too weak for war mode might see it as something that would help them and encourage them to try it. Another reason to test in war mode is because you should find strong team play/activity there so, you would get an idea of how easy or hard it is to fill up for a joy ride. Heck maybe you don't even need to fill it. Just give an attack bonus like the boss strike for x number of players that go for the drive. i.e. 3 players get 5% attack boost, 5 players get 10% attack boost. Tbh, this may even be something that could be initiated with 1 player that just wants to get a kill on someone. No different really than going for a pk if you ride alone except for the fact that the drive by would guarantee a kill. Either the attacker wins and kills his enemy or the defender wins and kills his attacker. Alternatively it could be a full synd on synd attack initiated by the leader or an officer. I just think this idea has some merit. It may need some work and end up being very different from the original proposal but, I think the idea is worth considering and developing.

One last thought - War mode really needs to bring something more to this game than just a reward if it is going to gain popularity imho. Perhaps, using war mode to test new pvp elements is the way to make it more popular and enjoyable.

17. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

I presume the stronger player can retaliate to being the victim of the drive by and kill those who did it?

18. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

It's an interesting idea. I'm for anything that adds to the game and could help bring new players. I still like the idea of synd vs synd war mode.

RedTurtleGames likes this.
  19. graveyardgabby

The change I proposed earlier was that the drive by would have to be a certain % stronger in combined total attack than the victim's total defense strength. Later I also suggested a healthy critical hit bonus that could go either way. LOL have to add some risk to the attack side of this. The original concept of the drive by I believe had this as a one shot kill and 0 defense against it. Also, all participants would be open to rival retaliation in my variation.

Sorry I am editing to cut down on the posting. What I was also proposing to change the original concept bobby was that if the drive by fails, the entire drive by team dies.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  20. RedTurtleGames

RedTurtleGames Active Member

I agree with RafeDavid... Though I'm not sure how much I would use it myself, I'm all for anything that will bring in new players.