New Moderation Team

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Jillian Thyra Johansson, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Since you closed your announcement thread without allowing anyone to comment.......I'll start a new thread.

Since often times the moderators are in a position to give advice to players, both new and relatively new, may we know what qualifications and experience they have to give such advice? I'd be interested to know what apps they play too since they do differ considerably at times and if the moderator doesn't play a particular app, they would be shooting in the dark.

Thank you.

2. Deltan

Deltan Member

I think we'll list out the game they play as they will primarily be moderating in that area. As far as qualifications go, they're players just like you, up to them if they wish to reveal their profile and personal details :)

3. Hi Jillian.

Personally I play every Kano App, apart from Hollywood Zombies, and Zombie Slayer I have an exceptional understanding in Mob Wars: La Cosa Nostra, and very good understanding and experience in Viking Clan and Pirate Clan...

I'm not going to lie to you and pretend that I know everything, because I am an honest person... I know a lot but if I don't know something, I will go out of my way to find an answer for you.

As for qualifications and experience, I work in Customer Service in real life which speaks for itself :)

Nice to meet you, and if you need any help then let the Moderation team know.

Dylan.

4. Great answer, Deltan. Seriously...........

5. Hardly just like me, lol. But I understand that hopefully at least one plays VC and PC. I don't see the value of having moderators just for the sake of having them. If they aren't seasoned players with useful knowledge to impart to those seeking to improve their game, they could do more harm than good.

But, you know best, I'm sure. :)

6. Nice to meet you as well, don't really need your help. Thanks anyway. :)

7. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Hey Jillian. My main game is pirate clan for myself. and that is the one i am most knowledgeable in. All though i have played viking clan and zombie slayer to better field some of those questions i will dabble in them more myself on those ones. But like Dylan said. I am not going to lie to you either i am a honest player and while i may not know the answer you might need i will do my best to find the answer for you if i do not know it. It's a work in progress and myself like the new moderators will be learning as the time goes by. Remember no one was perfect in the fields they chose. They had to learn and make mistakes to make them into a better qualified person.

8. Nice to meet you too, Jon. I'm not asking for myself, I'm doing okay in both VC and PC, lol. I'm asking for the newbies. Thanks for your reply.

9. Jon Ward

Your welcome. And i am here to help anyone i can like i said. It's a work in progress for all of us and it's going to take time. So as long as your willing to work with us we will do the best we can to help out when you need us.

10. Thanks again, Jon. I'm guessing that you and Dylan are F/B players? Not that the game is different there. Feel free to call upon me if you need advice as well. :)

11. Jon Ward

Thank You Jillian. I might do that and polish since i know he has been around for a very long time also. But yes i am a facebook player. Though i have played games on myspace also at one time. But mainly facebook now.

12. kayjay

kayjay Guest

hi Jillian i play VC and PC..................on facebook

13. Yes I play on Facebook, and I actually have a very low level LCN account on Myspace, as I was curious if it was different at all, but it isn't :)

One thing people need to understand is we aren't developers, we are simply here to impart our own knowledge and make the job of the developer's a more hassle free one.

I always give respect if it is given in return, and I'm firm but fair :)

No worries, I may take you up on that offer of help... I always like to learn something new every day.

14. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

lol....glad to hear your all honest. Have fun cross referencing ip addresses of forum members so u can find out who the dishonest ones are.

btw...Ty JW for the tip on my last thread. they must have changed it because it didnt used to be that way. I deleted the thread.

15. Jon Ward

Your welcome polish. I knew it wasn't like that before but i stumbled onto it last week i believe so it must have been a recent change to the rating system.

16. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Ok I am Linda and I play PC on facebook and just started dabbling in VC this past month, I am better versed in PC but seem to learn something new all the time, I have had some very good mentors and I usually pick their brains for issues and questions as they are great with strategy, and all aspects of the game, so I like to pay it forward Level 3099 in PC and a lowly 483 in VC lol

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2012
  17. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Congrats to the new Mods. ......So none of you play Zombie Slayer?

18. I have a small account there around level 90, I don't play very often though :)

I found it more difficult to level and get stronger than in the other games. lol

19. Jon Ward

Same here relentless. But i have a close personal friend who is a high level in that game. So if i cannot find the answer i can go to him for it. But were only the first moderators to be added. I believe there is more to come. You can thrown in your resume if you would like to help also relentless. Its fairly simple process.

20. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Yeah mate, Deltan already asked me if i want to be one. :)

No offence but if you can't answer something yourself, don't you think you should leave it to someone who knows first hand? Just saying.