[LCN] New Mob Wars: La Cosa Nostra Characters!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

My 2 cents... I have been playing LCN, Vikings, and Pirates for over 2 years now... I'm still light years behind those that have started since the beginning (and Polish even restarted!) While I'm sympathateic to those that have played since the beginning, none of the changes so far have helped me catch up to the leaders in each game at a faster pace, and some of them don't even play every day anymore... Example: Polish's current account was started 974 days ago in Vikings, and he's currently almost level 12000... I really don't anticipate catching up to him (nor do I want to!), but it seems like the level disparity between him and me is INCREASING, not decreasing, even with all of the changes... While I appreciate the higher levels for their support and helping keep the rest of us with games to play by spending money, etc., I do not feel that any of the changes since I have been playing have given the newer players an "unfair" advantage... hence the creation of alts, but that's another subject...

P.S. I only mentioned Polish because I don't think he'll mind... some top players in other games are Wrecks (LCN) and Ben and AS/TP (Pirates)... anyone can look at the world leaderboards at any time to get an idea of what I'm talking about between, say, the top 30 players in each game and "the rest" of us...

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Not sure how u did your calculations but they seem really low....but then again Im no math whiz...perhaps if i grew a few more fingers n toes....lol But nice work none the less as it still shows how empty the tube of KY really was when it came around to our turn

I forgot about the 36X income a day....how many times do we get paid a day currently? At approx 13t a paycheck im not even sure i wanna know how much I will have missed out on. As a heavy investor in empire it makes me even more sick. WTF was Kano thinking?

3. polishpimp

I dont mind you mentioning me at all Jared. Absolutely no disrespect but I think your "comparing apples to your avatar " here....lol

Players play at all different paces. some have more time and or money they are willing to spend. I agree with you in that the average player will never catch up to the players at or near the top of the level range but I dont think thats the way things should be looked at. The fact is that some players are willing to go above and beyond what the average player does. I think that its important that when we look at an update such as this and the potential impact it might have that we look at and gauge them by the extreme examples. Obviously myself and many others over the years in all the games have gone above and beyond what the average player was capable or willing to do. It only stands to reason that there will be players in the future and current players now that are willing to do the same as we have.....thats what updates such as this should be gauged by.....maximum potential. With all the new content that has been added over the years it only makes sense that players are now going to be able to level faster and become much stronger than those that came before them....but the question is where do u draw the line? Its already at the point where what once took years and more money now takes months and at a fraction of the cost, an update such as this speeds up that evolution an insane amount.

In the end I suppose its also about respect. The players that have stuck with Kano the longest through all their ups and downs and basically paved the way for most the things that players enjoy today not only are they the most restricted they have for less to look forward to. Then along comes Kano with a razor blade and a shaker of salt and diminishes everything that was accomplished by making things so much easier for others while we dont get so much as a kiss after the pounding weve taken. Perhaps it would be different if they higher levels were offered something to help us that was equitable to the updates they keep rolling out for the lesser levels....but we cant even get them to keep up in new worlds let alone something to the equivalent of this update

4. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Ah, the numbers are pretty easy. Take the energy any adventure needs, take off 1% of that number, (1, 2 or 3, I guess with higher adventures that might even be 4). Next you have to look at how often you did the particular adventure and multiply this number by the number of Energy you sheared off earlier.

Little example: An adventure costs 99 Energy, 1 percent reduction means it costs 98 energy. You did the adventure 5000 times. With the reduction you'd have done the same adventure 5051 times, these 51 times equating 5k saved energy.

Currently you get 240 times income a week, at 13T this would be 3,120Q
    With 40 minutes you get 252 times income a week which would be 3,276Q. Not extremely higher, but it will accrue interest if you continue to invest.

5. polishpimp

lol....ok funny man now your calculations are way to high. I wish i was making 3120 Quad a week....ide just sit here for hours doing nothing but clicking the bounty button and buying empire....oh wait...i already do that.....lol

6. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Ah, yes, sorry, German habits, we separate the 1000s with a colon, not a dot.

7. IpeeFreely

IpeeFreely Member

i noticed 'Vigilante' gives 5.25% defence boost? hope it works that way, makes 175 gfpts worth it :)

8. gods people

gods people Active Member

Well to be honest i think kano have over priced this feature. considering the last character cost us 100fp. I think the price to upgrade would be fair at 75fp. Alot of people are talking about it, but refuse to pay that kind of price. Kano i believe if you dropped the price down to 75fp for the upgrade for those who have already bought the last 1, you would find alot of people would entertain it. Just my thoughts.

9. gods people

gods people Active Member

Also the people who bought the first character payed 100fp for it. The new character is costing 175fp. Total 275 fp.
    If you are buying for the first time all it costs is 175fp. Kano cant you see this is unfair.

10. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

These are the first of a series of new characters that we are planning to release.

Do you have any other suggestions for the kingpin characters?

When adjusting stats / savings, we have to be careful since these bonuses are lifetime and do not want to create the feeling where you have to buy them to compete.

11. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Agree with 2, we will look to adjust the items so that they are a bit more powerful than current.

1. The price has already been set and cannot adjust that retroactively.

12. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

I will set-up another post in anticipation for VC, PC and ZS characters as we will likely release those this week.

This is the first of a series of new characters for all games. We have worked them into our content plans as they were something that fell off and was brought up by multiple players in recent surveys as something they wanted to see. After I am done going through this thread I will spark up new ones for the other games.

13. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

I will spark up another thread for the other games, it is impossible to compare LCN with VC since they are completely different level curves.

Take top 3 levels on FB LCN compared to top 3 on VC:

LCN: 9577, 8579, 7688
    VC: 21827, 20844, 18038

14. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

PolishPimp, firstly let me say that I do appreciate your long time support and play of our games. Some may interpret your comments as "rage" or "anger" but I see it as passion for the game, even if at times it is difficult to read through the stacks of text :D

I like yourself have been with Kano for a very long time, since day 1, so feel that I am pretty equipped to respond to some of the comments / feelings that you have, as internally I am privy to many discussions that help drive the direction of our games.

From reading your posts I can't easily find a solution that would make yourself feel less impacted, it seems like what you are requesting is to start releasing new characters at the "end" level and work backwards which is opposite to how we have always released every piece of content in the game.

With respect to the concern on income being an unfair advantage, I would agree if we were only offering the characters to certain levels like (level 1000-2000) but since as in your example, everyone above level 1000 will get the same opportunity to purchase that character, I don't see that as an "unfair" advantage for new players vs old since both will benefit the same in cash accrual from the time they were released.

Lastly, it is not a simple task to keep content ahead of players with how these games are designed, on day 1 of a new location many people will race through to complete. How some developers tackle this challenge is stopping a game at level xx and then only allowing characters to level beyond when content is available preventing players from advancing too far beyond content.

We have had some internal mix-ups which has pushed out some of our new locations (which we will talk to in our next tgif) but it has always been our intent to look to add content like World Bosses, Battle Arena, Syndicate Wars (new version) and weekend/monthly calendars that is recurring while continuing to push out new locations.

15. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Can you tell us and ETA of these new planned characters? 2-3 months? 1 year?
    As I am over lvl 5500, I better wait with the change.

16. polishpimp

UGH! This only compounds the issues previously discussed. Anything introduced into a mature game well behind its top players that allows for extra XP, coin, drops puts all those that exceed that stage at a huge disadvantage that can never be recouped. Why are we not adding this exclusively towards the higher end of the level spectrum in an effort to keep things fair? Players in the level range targeted for these new characters already have a ton of content ahead of them that will come easier and cheaper and your just adding more.

Basically a player at my level (VC) will have to spend as much as everyone else in terms of FP to get all these new characters and barely get a fraction of the benefit. Even if these new characters were given to the highest of levels for free it still wouldnt benefit them nearly as much as everyone else. FP doesnt provide nearly the bang for the buck at the higher levels as it does the lower levels. Its much easier and faster to level up and accrue FP at the lower levels and these new characters can be had much easier and cheaper for them and provide way more benefit.

You guys are killing me here...the total lack of recognition and respect for your highest of levels is unconscionable!

17. polishpimp

From reading your posts I can't easily find a solution that would make yourself feel less impacted, it seems like what you are requesting is to start releasing new characters at the "end" level and work backwards which is opposite to how we have always released every piece of content in the game.

lol....the solution is to indeed put these new characters at "the end" levels...just like u add new worlds towards the end. Not sure why u feel that would be "working backwards".... a player would have to level up to gain access to these new characters just like they need to level up now to gain access to new content. How is that any different? Its no secret that you are having trouble keeping up with the higher levels in terms of new worlds and what not....that why an update such as these new characters would be perfect if introduced at the end rather than where they are now. Give the "end level" players something of there own that they have earned and something that all other levels have to look forward to.

With respect to the concern on income being an unfair advantage, I would agree if we were only offering the characters to certain levels like (level 1000-2000) but since as in your example, everyone above level 1000 will get the same opportunity to purchase that character, I don't see that as an "unfair" advantage for new players vs old since both will benefit the same in cash accrual from the time they were released.

Huh? Of course it makes a HUGE difference. the fact that it was introduced at the same time for all levels makes zero difference. That s like comparing the turning radius of 1968 Lincoln continental to that of 2013 Porsche. A level 1k player hasnt even reached the leaps in XP needed to level yet let alone the natural progression of XP needed to level as u rise in levels. They can level at light speed in comparison to those at the highest of levels. That means more coin, XP and drops at at a faster clip earlier in the game which makes them level even faster and cheaper, the opportunity to blacksmith more and have more coin to invest in empire so they can afford more blacksmithing and increase their bounty price.

I need 300k+ xp to level...how much does a level 1k need to level? How many times can i (level11k) possibly level using 1k stamina in comparison to a level 1k using the same amount of stamina? Lets not forget that the 50 stam refill upon leveling goes a lot further for the level 1k than the level 11k. For examples sake lets say its a ratio of 0f 5 levels to 1, You dont see how much more XP, coin and drops that is per level and how much faster they will be able to level? Now multiply that by the 10k levels that separate us.

As far as coin goes there two differing aspects.

1) the amount of extra coin gained per adventure. Thats a whole lotta extra coin gathered (or lost depending which side your coming from) between levels 1k and 11k

2) Decreasing the amount of time it takes to get paid ones income at level 1k in comparison to level 11k allows a lot more coin to be generated at an earlier level (especially considering the extra coin made from doing adventures) if invested. Had I the opportunity to gain more coin from adventures back at level 1k and was able to regenerate it at the time now available due to the new characters.....how much coin would i have today? The numbers are staggering Kendal and its anything but fair. Sure...all players will accrue their CURRENT income at the same rate but the fact remains that the lesser levels will have more opportunity to increase their income earlier on and faster which in the end means by the time they reach my level they could potentially have garnered waaaay more coin.

Lastly, it is not a simple task to keep content ahead of players with how these games are designed, on day 1 of a new location many people will race through to complete. How some developers tackle this challenge is stopping a game at level xx and then only allowing characters to level beyond when content is available preventing players from advancing too far beyond content.

We have had some internal mix-ups which has pushed out some of our new locations (which we will talk to in our next tgif) but it has always been our intent to look to add content like World Bosses, Battle Arena, Syndicate Wars (new version) and weekend/monthly calendars that is recurring while continuing to push out new locations.

I fully understand and appreciate how difficult it must be to keep up with the players that are leveling to the moon....but thats really a completely separate issue in a sense. For starters....its been that way from nearly day 1 beginning with Muspell. Secondly....arent you guys actually perpetuating the problem by making it easier and cheaper to level early on? The new stuff u guys inject mid game has much more impact on the lesser levels than it does the higher levels....it only stands to reason that more players will be joining the others in the stratosphere of levels even sooner...no? Then what?

I suppose adding new characters to the "end levels" only would have a similar impact in that they would level a lil faster and cheaper but at the xp needed I think the impact would be less and it would certainly be more fair. Ive been use to waiting for new worlds from early on....its become the norm. Lets be real....Kano is never going to catch up to the likes of Kel in FB or fielding in Kanoplay. But adding content thats going to be of so much more benefit to the lesser levels is just adding insult to injury. Why even have added it at all when they already have so much to look forward too.

The examples youve given as to even more characters only goes to what 5k something? Once again your're completely omitting the highest of levels and perpetuating the issue that we will be getting less for the same price. The highest of levels are being completely neglected....you guys arent even keeping something as simple as achievements up to date. We are being handicapped in every way including such aspects of the game such as the arena that was supposedly in part designed for us. Why not go all the way to level 20k or even higher with the new characters? I think its important to remember that the high levels are where they are at because they did exactly what you and your games allowed them to do. I certainly dont remember you guys saying Whoa....ya better slow down spending all that money because we cant keep up. Everything lower level players have today and have to look forward to tomorrow is because of players such as myself and others that did exactly what you allowed us to do.....now we are being penalized. Why didnt you guys just let the games end at level 10k or something? You certainly didnt say ....hey polish....dont bother leveling anymore because we dont plan on keeping up.

Do u remember emailing me after I expressed my desire to retire my first account? Im semi sure I could track it down if u want me to. In that email you expressed yours and Kanos desire for me not to quit and assured me that you guys had all kinds of new content in the works designed for the higher levels.......what content was that specifically? You werent talking about new worlds and Im yet to see anything aimed specifically for the higher levels. So here I sit at level 11k after starting completely over and still waiting. While I wait I sit here and watch u guys add more and more content that benefits the lesser levels. When I started over it took me a fraction of the time and money to level nearly 3 times as much as i did he first time around, why? Because you guys made it that much easier and cheaper to level (well that and i was a bit more experienced). Now once again Im told that we upper levels are leveling to fast when once again you guys made it that way. WHAT GIVES? wheres my T-shirt that says I leveled my ass off in Kano games and all i got was this stupid T-shirt?

18. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Going to try to be as brief, as possible with my response:

1) LCN / VC have very different leveling curves. So a 5500 level cutoff for new characters will be available to 26 players on FB and 4 players on KP. So for those 30 players, we plan to put together a character set, of those 30 how many will purchase them who knows but that option will be available to them. Would you want us to put new character content at 10k? The last set of characters are targeting those players at the top of the game.

2) With these characters, because they are lifetime bonuses, we try to tie them to time reductions and other bonuses that aren't so tied to level, for example not giving "get 100 stamina on level-up" which is a great idea but tying that in at a lower level will give more of a bonus. As far as getting less energy required on jobs or more income, all players that get those characters will have the chance to at the same time take advantage of it if they want. Once we get to the last set of characters, we can look to go right beyond but will need to revisit at that time as it may not make sense to depending on the rewards or success of the characters

3) Battle arena, Syndicate Wars (new version coming soon), Calendars, World Bosses, lottery, GodFather hitlisting inactive players are all content that was added after and targeting content that does not revolve around locations.

4) We are still committed to pushing out new locations we just need to find more content outside of that to keep everyone busy, we have had some mix ups with our latest round of locations to the game which is why our September releases have been pushed out to next week which we will talk to for the specific games.

5) When players come to us with issues, we always tried/try our best to understand concerns and address them. I don't remember the email exchange specifically but we must have more content in the game now than we did then! ;)

Anyways, I think there is some confusion with respect to LCN vs other game leveling curves. For players that play LCN, besides the stats of the item and feeling of the characters being over priced. Any other major feedback?

19. polishpimp

I appreciate you taking the time to reply Kendal, I know your a busy guy. I understand most of what your saying but I think we are still worlds apart in our view of things....which of course is to be expected as we are looking at from 2 completely diff points of views...yours from a developers standpoint and mine as a long standing player/customer.

I dont have anything new to add on this particular subject that would be of any benefit to the community so I wont bore them any further by continuing to post on this thread....unless of course something new is brought to light. I do however have a few other comments I would like to relay to you and will send them via private message for you to read when u find time. Until then take care and ty.

20. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

It would be nice to release all the coming new characters at the same time, not making the higher lvls to buy each one, step by step. Thank you.