[LCN] New Location now available: Los Angeles!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Scoughman, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

The allure of the glitz and glamour of Tinseltown is hard to ignore. Can you strike it rich in Hollywood or will you end up being a box-office bomb?

[​IMG]

Jobs and Property are now available for players over level 9,670! Boss should be out by Wednesday and crafting early next week, so it's all out before the end of the month.

2. Harrys Mum

Harrys Mum Member

still a way for me to go before i get there, but one day ;-) looking forward to it

iain maitland and Kirsten like this.
  3. John Mc

John Mc New Member

Just to let you know, i will be well Dead n gone before i reach that, so all you 12 year olds enjoy :) :)

billyb8 and iain maitland like this.
  4. I'll be able to access this in 3.43 years.

iain maitland likes this.
  5. bowberson

bowberson Active Member

EXCITING! THANKS! Did not finish all the bosses from Exham yet, but did all the jobs over and over. Boss by Wednesday is quicker than before, WTG!

6. Tellybear

Tellybear Member

Lucky me, i'm high lvl enough :D

7. sable

sable New Member

lets hope boss has proper drops this time, not had vehicle drop since tangier

8. gloria gadson

gloria gadson New Member

I can't seem to get to high roller....I am like stuck so I know it would be forever when I get get there

9. iain maitland

iain maitland New Member

love the comments---way in the distance--lol!

10. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Only the boss owner reward, the random drop it's an armor:
    Exective Suit 125 128
    or
    Superstar Sunglasses 114 122

Tellybear likes this.
  11. jahrista

jahrista Member

random drop can't be armor unless mitch lied to everyone
    he said next boss would be a vehicle
    when it was pointed out they have screwed us since tangier

12. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

It's a vehicle.

[​IMG]

john garry and Tellybear like this.
  13. Friendly Fire

Friendly Fire Well-Known Member

Hi @mi7ch there is an issue with the stats on one of the rewards on the new boss

upload_2016-9-21_19-10-46.png

This is actually lower than the reward on the Exham boss

upload_2016-9-21_19-11-25.png

I know you are going to say they are different types of reward but really for all practical purposes they are not, the only difference being that the owner of the boss gets one and not the other. This means that they are basically the same type of reward. Can the stats on the new boss reward be increased to more than the exham reward please.

14. Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec Active Member

These stats are awful Mi&ch, I havent reached the new location and wont be able to use them.... I am sure those that have unlocked it wont use them either... I thought there was going to be a drastic upgrade on drop stats.
    Minimum Damage Kill Reward

This reward will be collected after boss is defeated.

Minimum damage: 72,165

[​IMG]
    114 122

15. Friendly Fire

Actually just noticed it is lower than even the Victoria reward as well

upload_2016-9-21_19-29-35.png

I am afraid I have to ask the question - Do Kano developers even know the game at all?

16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

If you cherry-pick what type of rewards to compare then they are going to look abnormal. I know that you said you do not view them as being different drops but from the design perspective they are different and naturally the stats reflect that. Here are the item strengths for the Exham Location:

Controller Car vehicle 143A 133D Total: 276 owner
    Despot Pistol weapon 116A 119D Total: 235 drop
    Totalitarian weapon 127A 133D Total: 260 helper
    Warden Vest armor 111A 116D Total: 227 min_dmg

And here are the Los Angeles stats:

Superstar Sunglasses armor 142A 153D Total: 295 owner (+19 total stat difference)
    Big Shot Car vehicle 125A 128D Total: 253 drop (+18 total stat difference)
    Exective Suit armor 136A 129D Total:265 helper (+5 total stat difference)
    Dealmaker weapon 114A 122D Total: 236 min_dmg (+9 total stat difference)

I am not insensitive to the feedback and we did do an increase (there's another thread that you can read about that, I'll link it here) but drops can really only be compared to drops of a similar type, otherwise there are going to be disparities because it is apples and oranges.

JADES likes this.
  17. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

I agree here when you get to actually get to unlock them they are not that good really, I too that it was to be a drastic change this actually looks like a normal city upgrade on stats to be honest. What was the normal difference in stats in the previous cities.

18. Friendly Fire

I am sorry @mi7ch but you are wrong, can you even tell me the difference between the 2 different types of drop? Because I do know the difference, it seems to me you really do not. As I have said for all practical purposes there is no difference between Boss Helper rewards and Minimum Damage Rewards, ask any player in the game and they will tell you this, if you actually played the game you would know that they are basically the same!

The simple thing is the drop I am talking about is absolutely useless and will be for all players in the new location.

19. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

@Friendly Fire Boss Helper Rewards are rewarded for helping your friends complete bosses. Minimum Damage Rewards are for doing the minimum damage on a boss. They are awarded differently and thus have different stat lines, and improvements to their stats are done in line with the fixed difference between them. As Mi7ch noted, all four of the items are stronger than their equivalents in the previous location. We aren't planning to change the ratios here, so let's focus on improvements to the statlines overall.

I realize these drops aren't as strong as we expected considering that we planned an improvement for this location. My reasoning for this is explained pretty clearly in the thread Mi7ch linked, you can check that out here: http://forums.kanoapps.com/threads/changes-to-location-drop-stats.23805/ Basically, according to our statistics, most players do get use out of these drops because they are much more plentiful than other types of strong items in the game. It may not be a large difference per item, but if you replace 100 of your weakest items with these location drops, you will see a marked improvement. If we made these items stronger in proportion to Limiteds or Raid drops, the fact that you can get so many of them would unbalance the feature.

We are considering changes to Crafting to help you make use of items that drop off your useful inventory range, and currently with these drops if that happens you will be able to craft them to ensure they are still in that range. Crafting for this location is coming up next week, and larger changes to older items should be coming in the next couple months as we figure out the best course of action.