[VC] New Location: Midgard - Odin's Ravens!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Dec 5, 2013.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The new Viking Clan location is live now! Includes Adventures, Empire and Crafting!

wall_feed_midgard_odins_raven.jpg

2. Conor Murphy

Conor Murphy Member

Who's the boss gonna be, then?

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Excellent question! You'll find out next week. :)

(It's probably not that tough to deduce, however)

4. Robert Belrose

Robert Belrose Active Member

Are you sure the new adventures are right? It says you need 70 Staghorn Helms to do the '
    A Jotnar army marches on your village, return home.'... seems like a high # to me in relation to all the past adventures, and to do the '
    Rally your people for battle' it says you need 40 Throwing blades..click on 'find item' and it returns you to the same page but that item isn't a drop on that page.

5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I'll double check on the # of Staghorn Helms required, but the Throwing Blades are a new crafting item which is needed to progress on the Adventures. They require Blacksmith's Hammers which are drops from the Jotnar Army Adventure in Midgard - Odin's Ravens and Ancestral Daggers which are gifts.

I just checked with the developer and the 70 helmets is the correct number needed. We're upping the required number to make things a little tougher to advance.

6. Robert Belrose

If the first item is kept at 70 there are a lot of people that won't be getting all their gamer points

7. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Unless I'm mistaken the Staghorn Helm isn't needed for crafting or anything so it should just be a quick hop back to the previous location to farm the drop and then back to Midgard - Odin's Ravens for the GPs if they require any additional helmets. We'll keep an eye on things and if we hear feedback that people are unable to get their GPs because of this we'll look at adjusting it.

8. Robert Belrose

I just did a 'quick hop' back and I'm up to 63.. at 275 energy and a butt-load of luck minimum energy needed to get to 70 would be 1925, but chances are better of winning the lottery than getting the drop every time. Since there was no way to look ahead to the release what most were doing were the adventures we could craft with, which didn't include the Staghorn Helm, the same goes for the Dwarven Gatekeeper that requires 70 to do the 3rd new adventure.. I am 21 short on those.. that's more than a quick hop back to get those.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

As I said above this number was set higher to make progression a bit more difficult, however we're always open to changing things if it happens to cross from difficult over to frustrating. I'll show your post to the developers.

10. Conor Murphy

Conor Murphy Member

Let me guess... Odin?

Since he is the father of Thor, Loki, and about 3 million others, then I guess his Armed Weapons would be:

• Underpants (Att: 130, Def: 130)
    • Bad Sense of Humour (Att: 100, Def: 105)
    • Three Crates of Ale (Att: 120, Def: 125)

I don't know what the rest would be.

11. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

New World Midgard Odin's Ravens

I was wondering if KANO has any other little jokes to pull on me -

Expecting us to have 70 drops of an item? Then making us craft items from gifts received?

What's next? Making us wear tutu's?

On the positive note, I do appreciate the new empires. My dear Blimp's bounty must be over 170 trillion now. I know that Ellie's is 152 Trillion.

Guess I really need to stop listing people - but that would take all the fun out of the game.

12. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I am only at Wellspring of Mimir, but the most ridiculous requirement is to have 10 Chieftains for an adventure when at that lvl everyone has 2000 :))

13. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

the mininimum is way to high especially when one considers the max energy refill is only 500. The energy cost per adventure at the higher levels is already crazy high and unless using boosts a player must level twice to fulfill the daily requirements. The energy refill limit upon leveling should be increased at the higher levels to allow those players to at least get their dailies with one refill like everyone else.

14. Grand Master Fielding

Blimp - you're making sense again.

15. Grand Master Fielding

Mi7ch - it's way beyond frustrating. Putting such a high number of drops on the 1st adventure - with no pre-warning about this from KANO - well that was like stealing favor points from us. I'm not too terribly thrilled about needing 2 Ancestral daggers per throwing blades either. But I'll get over that. However I honestly feel as though KANO was taking my money from me with the high number of staghorn helms - as I only had 47 at the time, and needed to use 50 favor points to get from 47-70. That really pissed me off. Something I won't forget anytime soon either.

16. Grand Master Fielding

Nice bounty you got going there my dear Blimp - 162 trillion??? Ellie's is a good bounty too!!!

17. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The intention behind the high number of Staghorn Helms was to increase the difficulty, as I stated above. It's never been our intention to use cheap tricks to make a quick buck, I think we've all seen how companies who operate like that tend to fare. I apologize that in some cases that was the end result, but it most certainly wasn't something we set out to do.

We're currently in the process of reexamining the first Adventure based on this thread. When we come to a conclusion I'll let you know what the deal is.

18. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

lol...thanks Fielding.

I have to agree with Fielding..."a little tougher"? Perhaps Kano should actually go check for themselves and see that its all ready a LOT TOUGHER/EXPENSIVE to do most things at the higher levels. All this Does is to ensure the gap between levels will be diminished even further/quicker, Not exactly a fitting reward for Kanos most dedicated of players. If things are going to get "tougher"....it only stands to reason the rewards/benefits should increase exponentially. Its time Kano raise the refill limits upon leveling for stamina and energy for the extreme levels.

19. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey folks,

So, we'll be the first to admit that we're not perfect. We acknowledge that, in our efforts to make things work a little differently in this location, we have caused some unintended consequences to occur which have negatively affected our high-level players.

We apologize that some people missed out on their GPs or felt the need to spend Favor Points in order to get the number of drops required. This definitely wasn't our intention, and we plan to make good on it. If you're one of the people at this location and were affected by our mistake please contact Support and we'll do what we can to get you sorted out.

20. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Wow. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.