[LCN] New Location: Istanbul!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Feb 6, 2014.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Adding new cities has a benefit in the long run for our player base as well as a short-term benefit for players who are able to access that location. It gives a huge runway for new players to build up their account with content they can look forward to. This is the 27th location for La Cosa Nostra, which, once players reach it, will have provided them with hours of gameplay.

We hear a lot that we're neglecting some segment of the player-base on any given day, and depending on what update we roll out that particular level bracket changes. Quite a few of the recent additions to the game, such as Syndicate Wars, the new World Boss, and some older additions like the Calendar, all provide XP and bonuses for all levels. While content such as new cities doesn't provide an immediate benefit to lower levels specifically, if we suddenly stopped adding cities the higher-levels would certainly have something to say about it.

Providing content for a game where players can range from level 1 to level 9,000+ is a tricky business, that's for sure. New features and improvements that will benefit all levels are definitely in our plans for 2014, and a location for higher levels doesn't mean that this is the trend going forward. We've established a pattern of expanding our content with new cities and I don't see that going away, but that is just one facet of development for our games.

I suppose my point is that one new city doesn't mean we're forgetting, or plan on forgetting, the thousands of active people who play our games. I definitely appreciate the thought and the sentiment behind it, though. Thanks for sharing!

2. Can u add Luxemburg City as new locatiooooon please??? cheeers :D

3. ...... has the earth stopped spinning on it's axis ? lol, i think this is a first for mel & i !!!!! we agree ! :D

4. ok mitch, let's go further here :)

if it were one new city, i'd say yes, good good, well done, etc. but we got 2 in a 6 week span. also..... you are saying you will con't on the same timeframe for adding more cities..... as the high levels will have something to say on it. i AM a high level.... and this one is saying that if you don't start adding more content for levels 2k-5.5k, you will start losing players. if you con't to add cities.... at this rate, after the next one, you will have basically dismissed all but TWO players. isn't it smarter to add things that MANY players can access ? the syn wars is fun, i personally enjoy it, as i also enjoy the battle arena. they were clever concepts, and are a great & welcome addition here.... because... everyone can participate !!!!! i just personally feel that you can take a rest on new cities, and make what we already have more relevant.

add more items to the workshop !!! open a platinum and diamond tier to the elite & optimal tiers you gave us a few years back.... it's time, as those of us who are so high leveled can't even use most of them now. upgrade the items we have already spent GF's for.... the early ones are level with the new drops and gifts we get in the new cities ! the new world boss isn't wonderful, to be honest. it lasts for 5-6 days, and then we go a full week with NO world bosses till the next one opens. that made no sense to me at all. there should be a constant flow of those world bosses.... when one ends, another should immediately open. it takes FOREVER to get enough of them to make an optimal one.... and i dunno about the other high levels, but personally, i am beyond using most of them at this stage. at the rate they open, it takes about 6 months to a year to optimize one !

i am not telling you to NOT open new cities, i am asking that you maybe pay more attention to how many high levels you really have.... and open them more selectively at times when we're begging for them. keep them ready to go, and when you get bombarded by us looking for something new, you'll have one to bust out and surprise us with :)

5. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

The end of the world is coming Robbin lol.

I believe the last upgrade of gf weapons and such was when the Miami boss was released. What you guys fail to see here is some people chose not to level to make sure they have a fightlist, they then substitute the lack of levels with purchased GF items.

Now let's look at it realistically. People who have added to stamina to level and not bothered paying anything into the game are now coming into an advantage with these new cities, remember they also get their daily boosts and their full stamina refil...Boss drops as strong as some paid for GF items? That really doesn't make very much sense to me!

Just touching on loyalty items...You get these if you spend. Why not reward people then by doubling the stats on the loyalty items. In my opinion these should be far stronger items than the GF ones. Some of us have been very loyal!

Mitch you say adding new cities has a long term benefit for everyone...I personally do not see it this way, I think I may be mobbed with perhaps 1 person who will have access to this new city. I seriously do not see me leveling to these new cities, how will I benefit?

How about adding some proper achievements into the game for everyone to benefit from such as fightkills and punchkills, then perhaps have a look at banking and income again.

6. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

Adding to that. How about achievements for Warmode, Syndicate wars and amount of hitlists placed...Hits placed has been 400 since the very start, many people have listed thousands.

7. Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel Active Member

New bosses idea even for low level players if they complet lvl 50 of existing bosses starting from Hitmen to Madrid!!
    Its clear wouldn’t work from to much time adding bosses only for high level players, and the game will be down soon if Kano don’t find a new solution. This is my solution for Kano, solution that will definitely refresh the game and give to the players more chalanges, skills and weapons (for almost all the players):
    New superbosses with better weapons that previous bosses starting from Hitmen to Madrid. This new bosses should be unlocked only after you succed to get the achivement for defeating lvl 50 boses from Hitman to Madrid!!!!! After this (defeating lvl 50 of each of existing bosses) we should have the possibility to unlock level 1 superboss Hitmen, lvl 1 Superboss Sydney, lvl 1 superboss Havana, Paris, etc until Madrid. The weapons from this new bosses should be stronger then weapons from the already existing bosses from the specified location. For exemple if now weapons from normal Dublin boss from Dublin is Buletprof Tweed attack 34 defense 53 , the new weapon you get from Dublin lvl 1 superboss after you get the achivment for defeating lvl 50 existing Dublin should have for exemple attack 44 defense 63.
    This new kind of superbosses didn’t affect competitivity in game, stimulate the players to get the achivment of defeating existing lvl 50 bosses to unlock the superbosses from each location( superbosses should olso have achivments from lvl 1 to lvl 50 in each location-this will give new skills for all players in game). This new bosses means new skills points for all players playing Mob Wars la Cosa Nostra(this will stimulate high level players olso , new workshop , maybe new jobs etc)
    In the same time you could of course add new bosses and new locations for high level players, but my ideea is to refresh the game for all players using this superbosses!

Thanks for your attention, with respect Guardian Angel!

THIS WAS MY IDEEA POSTED ON FORUM FEW MONTH AGO, but looks like was not taken in consideration! :

8. Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel Active Member

Strating from Hitmen to Istanbul now (I was copyiing my old post from Ideeas in forum , then last location was Madrid few month ago)

9. treearm

treearm New Member

I agree with foxy and robbin- bring in some mid-level content or allow us to craft our 1000s of useless items into something worthwhile. I don't really need any of the boss drops below Madrid at the moment, which limits the interest I have in helping a lot of lower levels kill their bosses they need to get L50 achievements. Optimal/elite or higher versions should be made for all boss loot to encourage people to kill the older bosses.

Also, I think achievements for fight kills and punch kills is well overdue. Reward people that actually fight instead of levelling. I also think you should add mini-quests around hitlisting/punching- a punch over a certain amount of damage should have a random chance of dropping an item, say a tooth or a jawbone fragment. These could be used in crafting to add a few stat points to current weapons- a tooth encrusted item could have +5 stat modifier, or every punch kill drops an item that can be crafted into an elite version that has reasonable stats.

As it is the new cities are great, but I'll never get there. There's hardly enough new/interesting content to keep me here.

10. wsmdel

wsmdel Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robbin Vitoulis Gordon View Post
    i don't post much, but this new city brought me here today.

it's a very nice city...... and thanks for giving us something new to build upon.... but honestly..... this city was a mistake. here is my rational for this statement....

OMG ..... i cant belive that i have to 100% agree with Robin. i came on to the forum to moan about something else and wasnt going to read this new city thread because like has been clearly stated by Robin, the new city its almost pointless .there is nothing i can add to what she put.

about time the devs stop giving out new stuff for the free levelers, and like Mel said started rewarding the loyal ones that have paid to play.... we should as paying customers be getting some thing more in return than a kick in the teeth. you were very clear when this game started that you didnt want to encourage massive leveling and those of us that have fought our way up and not used lp's really have ended up with the shitty end of the stick.

12. Soul destroyer

Soul destroyer New Member

I totally agree with Robbin & Mel, the game is getting very boring for me and ppl of a similar lvl. i am mid range and its the same thing day after day, no chance of ever catching those at the top. the only thing that keeps me playing is BA and the hit list. new cities are nice for those who can access them, but you give nothing for those further down the chain. maybe if my name was kicka you might do something but its not so i wont hold my breath.