[LCN] New Location: Antarctica!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Matt Gerrits

Matt Gerrits New Member

Well darn!! It sounds like a dream to have someone like Robbin as a friend or mobster and to be treated so well. Robbin I applaud you and how you wish to distribute the wealth of your labors. Not many people on LCN like that. Now, as for the new location (Antarctica), I am on Havana and I do see the level gap I have to cover to get their, but that's how I see it. I see it as a challenge for me to get there. It's unfortunate many others see it as a pain to try to achieve it, but until I reach that specific point all I can say is thanks for the new location.

robbin gordon likes this.
  2. Davey

Davey New Member

Wondering if any other new one will be opening up soon? or in the near future? its almost been a year and opening up new ones would give people the drive to level more and faster :) ( meaning spending more hehehe ) I'm lvl 6844 and taking my time now cause i don't want to make lvl 7620 and not have any more goals to reach for :(

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  3. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

A couple new cities would be awesome. This game is about having goals to reach and something to achieve..... the last thing a game of this nature wants is some kind of "conclusion" or end as if players feel like they have reached an end, no reason to continue playing OR spending. ;-)

Davey likes this.
  4. Angel or Not

Angel or Not Member

A New City for the Higher lvl's is a necessity imo , everyone has taken the same path to get where they are....high lvls have paid their dues so to speak...so what I am hearing is penalize the high lvl's for their diligence and reward the lower/mid ? Lower/mid lvls have access to many of the bosses that were not available when I started, hence 2nd, 3rd generation mob should b stronger when they reach for instance my lvl (6484)...that's the progression of the game, new ach/bosses/activities are always welcome, but everyone needs to pay dues..and also pay it forward, MW's is plural not singular....Kano plz look into addin a New City for those that have paid their dues and deserve it :) PS almost to Istanbul :)

5. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

I'm still hopeful they'll run a competition to create the next city before too long.

6. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

I agree 100% with Angel. The higher levels do seem to get up there and then nothing helps them in my opinion. All the higher bosses get shared to the lower and mid levels, arming items are open to everyone equally, mob size maxs out, the last character upgrade was level 2500, and even the RAIDS do not seem to be a huge benefit to higher levels as it takes the higher levels forever to level while a mid level will brag how they gained 100-300 levels from the RAIDS. Actually, being a higher level is more of a DISADVANTAGE than it is an advantage as when you are a lower to mid level player, you can't be attacked by higher levels but you can always attack up if you want. As a higher level, if there is someone you can't beat, you better hope they leave you alone as there is nothing you can do about it if they chain you every day. And for a higher level, even if you can win back, the exp for the higher level is such crap it is a waste of stamina while the lower level can most often times get great exp off the higher levels.

So bottom line is..... KANO, please start looking into making some improvements for the higher levels! It will benefit everyone in the long run as it will create new goals, new competition, and things always get shared down to the lower levels.

7. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I've been speaking with the developers about a new Location for LCN for a while now and it's definitely something we can look at doing up for you guys! I'll add your support for this idea to our internal task system. :)

8. FunLover

FunLover New Member

I agree with the others. A new city or two would be great. I personally don't really feel like I have goals left and am getting bored playing, but new cities with new challenges and jobs would help me want to keep playing.

blairwitchseal and Davey like this.
  9. blairwitchseal

blairwitchseal New Member

New cities is always good. Good for us as players and good for Kano. I'd like to make a suggestion for a new city.
    Birmingham. As a major industrial hub for England and the UK, it also has it's shady past and with Peaky Blinders much in the public eye I think Kano could really do something special with it. Cheers :)

Davey and Blue Nose like this.
  10. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

Only in Brum do the ladies have wood, smegger!

blairwitchseal likes this.
  11. blairwitchseal

blairwitchseal New Member

It's called Chelmsley Wood Mike ;)

Blue Nose likes this.
  12. Why run a competion? That will only buy the devs some more time to ignore the need for a new city.

Kano HQ:

"Hey, the players are constantly asking for a new city, it looks like we actually have to listened to them. NOW." "Oh wait, there's a couple on the forum that asks for a location creation contest. That means we can actually postpone the creation of a new city since we can just throw a competition and keep the players busy while at the same time making them think we actually work on something."

A bit harsh yeah, but that is how I view it from the outside. Eight months have gone since the introduction of Antarctica. At that time the new cities were too frequent (loads of players, myself included, complained) so the players are partially to blame but to go this long with a lack of new location is just either pure indolence or lack of good priority skills on Kano's behalf.

I myself have been in Antarctica (in LCN of course, not real life) since mid-November and at this point I don't see anything that should motivate me to either spend on raids, BAs or plain levelling to get higher up. It's like I've reached the summit which is NOT a positive state in a game like this. I always wanted to have the highest location available at the time of its release and I finally managed that for the first time just after NYE this year (550 levels higher than Antarctica's opening level) thinking I finally would be at the centre of the attention from those jealous of my level or those that will just tolerate me so they can get a good boss in return (joking smiley). I was meant to be the King of the World (see the Titanic pose) but then nothing happened. Kano stopped releasing new cities and people kept ignoring me.

I now feel like the penguins in Madagascar felt the first time they finally got to Antarctica (to get another reference to the location). "Well this sucks!".

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
    The Navigator and robbin gordon like this.
  13. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

The competition would slow the process down by all of a week/fortnight (If you've waited nearly six months I'm sure an extra fortnight won't kill you) and it would be fun.

It would also be possible for them to choose several options for cities and not just Antarctica's follow up, thus meaning you don't have such a long wait again.

14. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

A competition would add a lot more: 1-2 months until Kano makes the decision to make a competition, another month to run the competition and another to make the city.

The Navigator likes this.
  15. WendelinR

WendelinR Active Member

No don't put a competion, I want a city from the "gods" personally and not the feeling of striving for something that one of the knuckleheads in this forum influenced the whole game so much.

SweetestAngel and Kirsten like this.
  16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

A Location creation contest is an interesting idea, but we would most likely make a new Location ourselves before doing one.

Blue Nose likes this.
  17. Water81300

Water81300 New Member

You should make Kingston into LCN and the boss could be the Kingston Shadow where his full size picture shows him dressed in black (with the rastafarian hat of course) and he's wielding two types of assault rifles or submachineguns in a berserk way (one in each arm, spraying bullets out), a black car behind him, and a massive black gun on his back (any type, like plasma or a .50 caliber sniper). The Kano team could decide stats, drops, etc., but people have been craving a new location for quite some time. I do hope you take time to look at this post and consider adding it in.

18. Shadowus Draxia

Shadowus Draxia New Member

Maybe make a new city Quantico, and have the boss as the FBI Director? The Director can be wearing dressed in a trench coat and marching fedora, holding an SMG? Maybe a black SUV behind him, with an agent or two in the background, by the car. It may even be cooler to have him staying outside of the FBI Headquarters. Kano can obviously decide stats and all that, but it would be a cool idea as a new city.

19. Mike Lyons

Mike Lyons Member

i do have a question though.....when did antartica become a city? lol

20. Mike Lyons

Mike Lyons Member

I think kano should try to develop a new city every 3-4 months at a steady pace to keep the higher levels interested. you guys did a good job with istambul, seoul, and the continent Antarctica. maybe do some more return to cities, so we can use up some of the useless drops from those bosses. Also the city list is getting long, sometimes I can't scroll down far enough on cell phone to see past istambul on the dropdown list. Able to make any remedy for this?

robbin gordon likes this.