[LCN] New Feature Up For Discussion: Protection

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Protector

The Protector Banned

So........does a higher level have the option of blocking a lower?Or is it strictly in range or blocking someone higher?

2. Angels Kiss

Angels Kiss Member

I would love the chance of war with a player, but thanks to an idiot, I can't have it. Oh well, I have made 3 new friends thanks to this thread, so all is not lost. :) :)

3. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

If it meets the threshold requirements yes I would think so.

4. The Protector

The Protector Banned

I mean an example like the following.
    A rich money making level 1000 that seems to never run out of cash no matter how many times they keep listing.
    A level 4k that keeps getting listed by this rich level 1000.
    Extreme example I know,but would that qualify for a 4000 blocking a level 1000?

5. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

Thats a very extreme example Lord lol

6. DirtyDawg

DirtyDawg New Member

Getting back to an earlier post where someone said something about how "using the tools at your disposal" to fend off a nutcase...

why does the number of available ambushes drop with level? If anything since higher level players usualy have more stamina, reducing the number of available ambushes doesn't make sense, at least not to me. What was the reason for that?

7. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Yes it is,but a similar situation could happen(probably not as extreme but fairly close)

8. meandyou

meandyou Banned

eri if you really want to do somthing constructive in the game then you should make is the same both wa wen a player is on the list thier counters do count on players so it should be the same for the player that is on the list counters against them should not count while they are on the list but that is to simple for you to comprehen and you will not introduce it simply because you did not think of it your trouble is you over complicate things in the game and get the players backs up , not even expecting a reply as every one knows how you can be

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2012
  9. Susan Patrick

Susan Patrick Member

Eh?? Could someone translate this in to English please.

10. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

it translates as thus

"the bad humans are attacking behind the ambushes" lmao

11. Susan Patrick

Susan Patrick Member

Thanks King .. I owe you a grateful punch :p xx

Kendall .. I've been talking to players this morning that refuse to join the forum, but have concerns about this proposed protection. It seems 1000 attack in a 24hr period isnt deemed excessive when families/syndicates are at war ... and set to that level is open to abuse & use as a tactical tool.

Attacks from: 1127 attacks,3 punches in 23 hours Attacked first: 23 hours ago Last attacked: 12 minutes ago
    Attacks against: 16 attacks,1 punch,11 ambushes in 10 hours Last attacked: 1 hour ago

Attacks from: 1009 attacks,4 punches in 10 hours Attacked first: 10 hours ago Last attacked: 15 minutes ago

An example of normal warfare ... It would be easy for people just sit back and heal in order to block their greatest rival/threat.

12. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

Ty Susan lol u already pk me
    i see your point on the stats attack you just posted but there is attacks against on those stats too so the option i believe wont be available as you have to have NO retaliations for it to come into play
    on the other stat from attacks against the 109 i presume you ambushed only or is there attacks against on that stat too

and as for rivals in war wanting to abuse the button by blocking you yes in theory they could but theres the 24 hr window so they would stop that, it would only affect those in your fight range and they would have to let you attack them relentlessly without retaillation before the option would be available, but i do see your point about that part

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  13. Susan Patrick

Susan Patrick Member

Thanks for the reply :) but I'd rather hear Kendall's views on this ;)

These aren't my feeds, these are feeds of someone in a war with SOB lol I doubt this change will ever effect me directly, but if we lose good members because they feel the change will ruin their game play then the whole game will be effected :/

14. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

lol im shure there are SOB feeds which show the same but we no its just a fun war and not personal :)
    i had 5000 against on me in one night i bushed them all for hrs but i knew its war and not a personally thing
    in a war you know u gonna get hit hard but most truce and move on
    as for the 109 attacks from sob member well i know where that comes from and they usually fight back but obviously they just healed to prove a point

im shure a Dev will answer your question for you Susan have a nice day ok x :)

15. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Honestly...I couldnt agree more. Weve and others have already mentioned just a few reasons why this wont work and will probably make things worse. The fact of the matter is this.....99.9 percent of what players call bullying is just plain old fashion normal game play and they simply messed with the wrong person or their friend in some way shape or form whether they want to admit it or not or they simply dont have a clue. The thing is that some take this game way more seriously than others and are logged in for a much longer time, When a player who plays much less tangles with one of these more devoted players they get a big ole dose of reality and they simply dont like it. They think that because they only play an hour or so a day and someone is making their gaming life hell that they should have the rules bend over backwards for them. Thats just plain selfish. Im yet to hear one good example that is worse than what Ive endured and i managed to make it back to #1, so not alot of sympathy from this guy here. The other .01 percent may or may not have some psycho stalking them for some unknown reason, personally I dont believe it...there is always a reason, just a difference in opinion of what is justifiable or not, diff players have diff tolerance thresholds.

Obviously the percentages I threw out there are guesses and only intended to point out that the players that this update is directed at are in the extreme minority. I gotta wonder why Kano would take such a drastic step for such a small percentage of players while alienating their majority....honestly I cant help feel as if were being taken for granted. The players this is directed at is miniscule and this update will not do anything but make your majority upset and feel slighted. As Lord Breakfield has said their are holes every where that arent being addressed, Much like him I almost gfeel obligated to both take advantage of them and to prove that it wont stop anything.

If a player is so bad and so psychotic that they come onto these games with the sole purpose of sitting on one player and running them off ...then BAN them, it should be obvious for Kano to see this. The whole idea of being bullied is totally subjective.....the fact is that most are not even close to being bullied they just want to have an easier go of it than everyone else because they cant do it on their own...>PATHETIC!

16. polishpimp

Lmao! "pussy version on myspace" That almost sounds derogatory towards woman or cats....many friends? Im thinking u should be using this little literary gem on yourself.....sounds like u might be getting the snot kicked out of these days and this update would help ya. The fact remains...if you dont see the logic in attacking or being attacked thousands of times....u dont know squat. Im not saying u need to use the strategy....just that u not seeing the logic makes me wonder if when u were #1 the game was brand new which really doesnt mean anything, hell at some point somebody at level 2 was the #1 player in the game.....lol

17. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

yes, why if the few who make it their business to want to drive some one from a game, would Kano go to all this trouble, I would imagine a player with this extreme problem has written to support for help or advice and hopefully sent the link of the offending player, their account can be looked at and if it is extreme , something can be done to this obsessed player.

18. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

i couldnt agree more on the ban part

19. polishpimp

I hope u dont take this the wrong way as I intend no disrespect. I had hoped to reply to your private message but since u r saying basically the same thing here....i will reply here.

I guess for starters I would like to know how long youve played this game and often that u play, are u a daily player and how long do u play per day? I think having a better understanding of this might help clear a lot of things up

For starters...the examples youve given both here and to me privately seem paltry at best. I actually find it insulting that you implied that I had no idea how you might feel if being attacked in a similar fashion , you actually told me iI was "grossly unfair" for saying "its part of the game" and "blacklisting is for crybabies". You have no idea who I am or what Ive been through with the games. Your examples of of abuse are nothing but a walk in the park in comparison to what Ive been through. When I started over I was attacked thousands of times a day everyday by a couple of accounts operated by the same player. I was listed numerous times a day everyday by these same accounts. The numbers you have mentioned dont even come close to the numbers I had to put up with yet it never even came close to stopping me and i went straight back to #1 in record time.

You actually used the term "soul destroying" to describe how u felt about being attacked in a fashion u deemed as excessive, No disrespect....but I take this game fairly seriously and Ive been one of the biggest targets out there and Ive never come close to feeling that way, slightly annoying is the best way I could describe it. Once again....not to insult u but it really sounds as if this isnt the right game for you if those kind of numbers make u feel as if your soul is being destroyed.

Youve stated that this player is attacking u for absolutely no reason, although possible....I find this highly unlikely. But then again...what u seem to think is excessive would not seem so to most. How do u know youve done nothing to this player? Have u never attacked or bountied anyone? Have u never claimed a bounty or disagreed with some one in a feed or here in the forums? There is literally hundreds of things u may have done in-game that this player may feel justifies their actions. Its totally subjective....just as I think what u have endured really isnt all that much.

A couple of things u have said just dont make sense. Youve stated that this player hardly plays the game other than to mess with you....how do u know that? If thats true its probably an alt account of someone else u angered in some way....hence the reason u think its unjustified, perhaps u never did mess with the account thats giving u grief....u probably angered the players main account.

You also said that u r double this players level (also sounds alt like) yet they still bounty u a couple times a day every day. For starters....a couple bounties a day everyday is nothing. If u r double their level....I cant imagine they are attacking and winning anymore.....if they are then thats totally on you and poor skill point allocation. If they u r double their level and if like u said they are listing u multiple times a day everyday for a year....your bounty should have become unaffordable a long time ago even for the likes of me .

You stated that this player player also lists you every time u log off, once again this is common practice. Myself and many others usually kill ourselves on a bounty trap to avoid situations such as this. The part I found extremely confusing is that u stated that the fact that this person was listing u when u logged off kept u from getting a rival list. Didnt u say u were a level 1k or so? You should have an abundance of players available to u at the level regardless of what site u play on. In addition.....normally when one attacks someone when their off line....they normally attack until your in the hospital....so basically u would only be gaining 1 rival under normal circumstances. If u r choosing not to attack those on your battle page....once again thats on you and it makes we wonder if u have indeed chosen the wrong game. Why is it not good to rely on the fight list?

Im assuming this player who is less than half your level is winning when they attack you or why else would u be using ignitions, hell...the guy would be leveling u for free, if this is the case.....its totally your fault ant is completely normal, your probably giving this player excellent XP and they are doing exactly as they should be doing...advancing their accout.

They who whole idea that your getting bullied by someone half your level pretty much says it all, the numbers u cite are paltry compared to what most have happen. Honestly it sounds like youve neglected your defense and your bank account and are paying the price for your decisions. Your strategy as far as who u fight seems peculiar to me but to each their own. You calling this a play a maniac, obsessed and what not coupled with u feeling hes crushing your soul when the numbers u cite r measly screams that u r either in the wrong game or its just sour grapes. Just ignore them....they cant bounty u endlessly, I cant even do that. Let them attack....just heal and go about your business as if they are not even there, I did and Went straight back to #1 (currently #2 but still whoopn ass on #1)and now make all them annoying lil pests pay on a daily basis.

Not to be rude but your syndicate doesnt really sound like they have your back. If what u say is true and this player makes your game totally unplayable....then surely your entire syndicate can make his game unplayable. Sorry, Everything your saying just doesnt add up to anything other than this game isnt for you....You dont have the right mindset...if u did u would realize that your issue is a the 10 minute break the rest of us have during are 12 hr work day.

20. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Seeking protection from an in-range opponent that is at war, wouldn't that just be forfeiting? Would anyone really do that if they are playing that part of the game?

Do you have any suggestions on how someone could be identified as being in a war and therefore not making the "Protection" option available even if thresholds are met?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.