[LCN] New Feature Up For Discussion: Protection

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sparkyvee

sparkyvee New Member

In over a year he has never called in any help despite being constantly punched and listed by multiple people, really don't think he'll call in others now.
    As for your first point - the whole point of the feature is to temporarily block a player - how can they 'not let her breathe' if they can't attack?? (Not our synd leader either - synd member)

What would your suggestion be then - just sit there and let and bullies win? If you have an alternative suggestion I would love to hear it.

2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Not in favor of this update for a few reasons. Listed in no particular order

1. This is going to promote alt use. When I started over a well known player and his alts made it his mission to try and stop me. Obviously he didnt stop me, but then again I dont think Im the type of player this update is directed at. With a limited amount of "surrenders"...the "griefers will simply move on to their next account.

2. In addition to alts "griefers" can also use shared accounts or just have friends pick up where they left off. If a "victim" only gets 1 or 2 "surrenders", it wont be long after they use em up that they will find someone else on their butt.

3.X number of attacks? Exactly how many attacks until this option is available? This is an issue as sometimes depending on the opponent it takes a great deal of attacks to get the counter price lowered.

4. How about revenge? How about all those players that got trashed on relentlessy while the y were coming up through the ranks? We all had them...that pesky rival u couldnt beat forever so they just attacked the hell outta ya because they knew u couldnt beat them, both player and Kano alike have told players such as this to just keep plugging along, turn the tables on them and exact their revenge. With this update those that have worked hard to be able to get revenge will be limited where as those that gave them grief had free reign.

5. What about "in range" players who r simply attacking repeatedly because the opponent gives the best XP of rivals available or are the only one available and r not trying to run someone out of the game? Do we really want to shorten our rival lists even further?

6. what about an opponent that attacks someone on bounty? If someone attacks me on bounty their intent is to kill me.....Should i not be allowed to retaliate as much as i want for 24 hrs? If someone attacks me while im on bounty and I attack them 1k time because of it and they "surrender" to me.....it seems a bit unfair that I wont be able to attack them and they will still be able to go after my bounty as much as they want without fear of retaliation for 5 days.

7.what if a "bully" is focusing on a guild with mostly lower levels but they are spreading it around in order to avoid the magic number that would enable the "surrender" option, So the higher level of the guild goes after said bully in order to stop it but then gets surrendered to?

8. One of the reasons stated for implementing this update was that there was not enough resources to go after these "bullies" on a case by case basis, but then u went on to say ...."If the opponent themselves is found to be a Griefer, then a Griefer attacking a Griefer is all good and cancels each other out ", How is going to be known that this other player is indeed another "griefer" if not checked out on a case by case basis? Will the system automatically know if the player in question has already been surrendered to? If thats the case...lets say Im bullying A well known bully who is yet to bully someone since this update took place and they surrender to me. now that they have surrendered to me they are now free to go bully someone else and get surrendered to, shouldnt this cancel out the "surrender" they did on me? Is the system really going to detect all that automatically or will it have to be done on a case by case basis?

9. What if someone accidentally hits the surrender button?

Honestly...Im just getting started on how this might be abused by either side or how it just seems to take away from the game. I understand what u guys r trying to do...I just dont think this is the way to do it. I know it takes a lot of resources but I really dont see any way to do something like this fairly with out u guys doing it on a case by case basis as there are far to many variables and mitigating circumstances not to mention it doesnt really address all of what some deem as bullying that goes on. For example. How about the players that go around listing countless low levels a day then turn around and do the sme thing to the same players the next day everyday? The fact is....if someone wants to run someone outta the game...this update is not going to stop them.....they will just log in to another account and pick up where they left off with no fear that their main account will be jeopardized. If someone is getting sat on....more than likely they deserve it....but for the few that dont, check it out individually. If support simply has to many mesages about bullyish behavior by the same players which is diminishing resources and taking away from the games....then perhaps Kano should implement the "crying wolf" update and start suspending payers for wasting your time repeatedly. Simply make it well known what is acceptable and whats not and suspend those who violate those rules including the ones "crying wolf"

At the very least....an option like this should cost. There are legitimate reasons to hit someone thousands of times, simply because someone doesnt match up well or spent all their money and stamin does not mean the should just get to be a punk with no fear of retaliation. If they want to use this option.....then it should be insanely expensive, if things are as bad as they say then they can save up for it and not just get to click it on for free

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  3. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

If someone can get a whole syndicate after them, then likely they did something that invoked that.

Getting 1 griefer after you is something that we have seen repeated examples of and is the cases that we are looking to address.

4. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2012
  5. The Protector

The Protector Banned

In over a year this option was never available.A determined "griefer bully" will adapt.

6. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Nice "pimpagraph".Agreed on all points.

7. BB2

BB2 New Member

Lets just all sit in a circle and hold hands. This app is heading that way in a hurry.

8. meandyou

meandyou Banned

open yur eyes erc cant you see if any one gets hit 1000 times lus wih no retalation then that person is using auto heal if you cant see that , then you are wasting players time, no player will keep healing an let themselfs be hit a 1000 times but uto heal willit looks like you want to promote the use of auto heal b offering these players protection, if i catch someone using auto heal i used to video it and send it in but tht was a comleat waste of time every one hat veiwed it could see that the auto heal was being used every one ecept the devs ad tis new feature eric then all the players can see that you want to promote the use of auto heal

9. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I gotta agree with Polish and meandyou,

10. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Have to 1000% disagree.It's called a strategy to keep healing without retaliating.No auto heal needed.Just because you don't understand why doesn't mean it's auto heal.

11. The Protector

The Protector Banned

So,the "victim" can attack the "bully" on hitlist,and get no repercussions for it?If so,nice hole that if it makes it to the other games,one I'll take full advantage of.

12. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I find it very hard to believe that a person would sit there and click 1,000 times in one day to attack someone , I figure they are using a auto attack and auto heal ,(what have you), I have had it done to me , not in Kano games but it can be done they just set it and forget it.

as a PS why would someone keep healing for someone attacking them so much, something does not jive , here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2012
  13. meandyou

meandyou Banned

at a guess lordy does not have a clue letting some one hit you a 1000 times is stratergey well i call it madness te only thing that allows you to do that is an auto heal bot i have caght loads using it and it not hard to find them they are always leveler, and i love it wen i find one as i punish them for thier cheating now the devs want to protect them wen they are cheating

14. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

Where do I apply to get all my money back that I spent on this game? Why ya wanna penalise me...My account surely I can do as I please???????????

15. meandyou

meandyou Banned

well said kano bring in this rule but please give players the choice of a refund i for one want my money back if this rule is brought in

16. Susan Patrick

Susan Patrick Member

What a load of SHITE!!!!

I always thought KANO would kill a potentially great game with them being non players ... its taking longer than I expected .. but looks like they're on a roll now xxx

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  17. nicky

nicky New Member

There is a 5k limit per day for attacks. if u can block a player will this be lifted?

18. nicky

nicky New Member

YH money back please.

19. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

and then which is the next game on their hitlist :(

20. nicky

nicky New Member

If u dont want attacked dont open the window.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.