[LCN] New Feature Up For Discussion: Protection

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meandyou

meandyou Banned

eric all his will do is help he players that level up usinging he auto heal, i have caught loads of levelers abusing the leveling with the use of aout heal , i find it very funny that your so called up to date detection cant catch these players, bring it in if you want to see more abuse of players using auto heal to level up, it looks like that is the players you want to help

2. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

ok this storyline keeps being mentioned ( a level 2000 being chained) , so there must be a player doing it to another, why not look at these 2 accounts see what is going on and deal with them , instead of the whole player arena, and why would the player being attacked keep healing, the one attacking has to sleep sometime ,maybe even go to work, so play when that person is not around, and if that is not possible and there is not lull, then the attacking player is using something , like a script, bot, auto attack, auto heal, what have you, STOP healing and play when the attacker is not online. Kano needs to look at this" chainer", Kano can write to the attacker and ask him why he his intention is to " drive " someone from a game.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2012
  3. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

i used Lord question as an example, he said someone can use an alt an abuse it that way
    my point is a level 2000 3000 1000 can do this all the time if you in there fight range and they stay in your fight range
    making an alt would not help you unless the alts were the same level

4. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Whatever the example is my thoughts on this are the same, why heal if someone is hitting someone 1,000 times a day, first off Does this even happen, and if so it should be addressed and accounts need to be looked at individually, is this happening to you?? or someone you know, tell them to stop healing and play when the person is off line, why should kano implement something that has the potential to cross all games, be tweaked along the way and be a real major PIA just like the idea of cage matching in PC to help players who were weak and would or could not bother to get clan/crew, then turned it into something to take advantage of instead, as a loophole , instead of working the game, simple answer is work the game, it takes time, keep your head down and get strong and stop complaining, that is my advice for anyone going thru this , that is what most of us do. and what I have done. otherwise go play a game that is not a fight game, there are many games out there that are fun and can be enjoyed,stress free, if someone does not have the stomach for fighting, there is nothing wrong with that. Games should be a pastime not something to dread :)

5. Sandy P

Sandy P New Member

Dear Kendall,Appreciate your effors....
    Regards

6. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

again this is a LCN thread for a discussion no one has even said it will go to any other game

when a vc or pc or zs thread is made about the feature being introduced then yeah have your says
    lets see what the Lcn community say about it before other gamers jump in knocking it when it hasnt even been introduced in any other game

7. meandyou

meandyou Banned

because these are he players that are using the auto heal to level and these are the players that ant to block other players from attacking them wen they are using the auto heal no one that is not using auto heal will keep on healing cnt you see this eric auto heal does not know who the attcker is and will continue to heal regadless if it friend or foe it up to you devs if you want t intrduce this into the game the only ones you will be helping is the cheats thenselves and if you do then you are saying that it is ok too cheat and we the devs will help you

8. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

From a Fellow Mobster who asked me to post

Hey Mark, I do not have an accoutn on the forum, but here is my feedback. I think the idea is good, but the concept of "surrender" needs to be adjusted or simply renamed. WHen someone stalks and harasses you in the real world you go to the police, you don't surrender to them. I don't like the message it sends that someone who is a bully somehow should get the satisfaction of a victory through this feature. WHy not just have a button that says "Buy Protection". That is a mob concept, and it could either be a proportionate amount of game money, like 10x hourly income (preferable), or a small # of Gfs points.

9. Naughty Bear

Naughty Bear New Member

I am not sure what happens in the other games and dont really care. I dont think the surrender ideas is any good either, I like how mw1 do it and you blacklist a player, it costs 4 GF and they stay blacklisted until you pay another 4 to undo it and you can only have 8 on your blacklist. I think the surrender could allow for cheating to keep off an attacker when trying to level and since a war is only able to be declared against one syndicate then if you are in an actual war with a family with multiple syndicates then this isnt going to work.

I think certain players who are targeting another player as we all know is happening need to be scrutinised a little more by the devs, and that doesnt mean their credit rating. Because a player invests real dollars in the game doesnt mean you turn a blind eye to the constant attacks both verbally through forums and groups and in the game. Pull your fingers out and do something effective like sort this idiot out. His credit card will do you very little good when the rest of us pull ours!!!!!!!!

10. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Come to think of it,why did I complain to begin with?If I'm a VICTIM of the surrender,then I'll simply let others pulverize my target until they stop playing.So instead of just me going after them,I'll get my other high level friends and/or money making accounts(NOT ALTS)to list and kill them into oblivion until the target gives up and runs away.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  11. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Here's how I'm seeing this play out.
    You can only surrender to 1 or 2 players before you can't surrender anymore.
    When this happens,what's to stop other high level and/or accounts that gain money quick that are friends of the VICTIM of the surrender,to go after the player that surrendered?By exhausting surrender on a weaker griefer,you've allowed the real griefer free reign still.Not a bad idea.Thanks for a very nice setup Kano.Couldn't of done it better myself.And it's not sarcasm.

12. The Protector

The Protector Banned

One more thing,where will this surrender option be placed?I'm sure no one wants to accidentally hit it.

13. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

That's fine, if you can socially convince others to go after the said person then there may be a reason to and likely at some point a truce can be formed.

What we have seen is that some "griefers" for whatever reason lock on to a target and even if they tried could not convince their friends / syndicate members to go after them the same.

We cannot be in all parts of the game at all times, so requesting that we handle each case on an individual basis is not a scalable solution. We need to put a system in place that identifies "griefers" and allows a player to block contact from that person within the game for a certain amount of time to give them a cool down period.

14. The Protector

The Protector Banned

So basically,gang attacks can't be stopped.Good enough.Great update.

15. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

It would show up in the rivals list as an option and there would also be a separate tab on the rivals page for surrendering.

There was a good point in this thread, regarding the naming and what we could do is re-name it to "Protection" and charge a fee for in-game cash.

16. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

i think renaming it is a great way to go surrender sounds horrible protection or something along that line but not surrender
    and yes charge for it the player must at least pay something for the feature

17. The Protector

The Protector Banned

I almost forgot.
    You can't surrender(get protection)if you yourself have been surrendered to.
    What happens if someone surrenders to you AFTER you already surrendered to someone else?

18. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

That statement was not entirely accurate so let me try to explain a little further. If someone has recently surrendered to you (or bought protection or whatever we will name this), it will require a lot more un-retaliated attacks against in order to have a option of surrendering than it would for someone who has no recent surrenders against them.

So in your scenario it is the base case and for the sake of argument lets say you are able to surrender to 2 people at a time. You surrendered to someone else and there are no recent surrenders against you. After which someone does surrender to you which would make your second surrender to require more un-retaliated attacks against than your first one.

19. sparkyvee

sparkyvee New Member

I fully support this feature - most of the people who are completely against this option are the higher levels who like bullying the lower levels...

I have a syndicate member who is being constantly harrassed, the mobbie in question started chaining the hell out of her EVERY time she healed, starting about a year ago.
    My syndicate have listed him constantly, he was reported for using an attack bot (he admitted it in an email) but he was never shut down.
    He still lists her every time she comes online, then he hides as soon as anyone lists him. If no-one hits him he keeps healing and listing. At the start he was consistently healing EVERY time he was listed - I once listed him 15 or so times in a row - he never rigged me once and continued healing even though he was being chainlisted.
    It doesn't matter how many times he dies or how often, he does not stop, and he never attacks anyone who lists him.

My synd member has left the game on a couple of occasions, but we have managed to convince her to play again - I appreciate it is a fighting game, but there ARE limits on how much a person can take - she CANNOT play the game without several people online watching her back, sitting on him.

This is EXACTLY the kind of situation a blacklist is necessary for - ignore the people who complain because they won't be able to bully ad nauseum, some people do need respite and this feature will allow them that and maybe discourage some of the idiots who think its OK to ruin someone else's game.

20. The Protector

The Protector Banned

It's only a set time frame and you really think this griefer is gonna let your syn leader breathe during it?Something says your "bully" is going to get friends to go after her just like he was.So instead of just 1 "bully" you're now looking at multiple and probably different times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.