New Characters

Discussion in 'Ideas not being Considered' started by Brosnik, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

Just a thought for VC. I have had this thought every now and then and decided to pass it on. Is it possible or about time, to introduce another half dozen characters please. Same as before with three male and three female. New ones such as Berserker, or Godi/Vulva or Jarl etc. There would of course be an appropriate cost for a further upgrade (a bit like your loyalty points upgrades move to different levels) perhaps 200 FP's to upgrade further, and an improvement in some skills. Maybe the same as the current ones or even new skill areas. They could also come with an appropriate extra weapon and extra warrior as you do currently. You could even introduce a new skill if it was not too hard for your techies to sort out. For example the Godi could have a mystic skill which boosts something like the berserker skill boosts, the Jarl could have some kind of authority boost or be allowed to have more than 2000 chieftans (maybe an extra 100 or something so as not to be ridiculously strong), the berserker could have a permanent 5% attack boost perhaps. What do people think?

2. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

@Brosnik I've moved this to our Ideas section for you to help get community feedback on it.

3. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

Thanks Wonder Bread, I am now at the dizzy heights of having posted four messages. This one being the fourth - LOL Still learning how it all goes.

4. The Protector

The Protector Banned

You get a 6 right now from me.

The thing killing it for me is allowing more than 2k clan.

While 100 may not seem like alot it really is.

If that were changed to something else,it may sway it to a 10 vote.

6 for now.

5. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

Any suggestions then Mr Protector? I am only throwing out the suggestions for comment. Between us we should be able to fashion something here that will satify the majority I should think. I've started the ball rolling so give it another shove in the direction you would like it to move :)

6. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

i think its a great idea, 10 from me....it would spice things up a bit for all

7. Toker

Toker Member

9 from me, Everything sounds good except the over 2k thing.

8. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

It would be great if peeps contributed what they would like to see rather than just say they don't like one of my ideas. My ideas are not definitive but are just designed to get the discussion ball rolling so that people can take ownership of this if they like the basic concept. That's not a problem. If peeps like the idea of three new characters then perhaps we can discuss how they may operate. If you don't like the idea of increasing over 2000 chieftans for the Jarl character then what would you propose? Maybe as a Jarl there should be some kind of increase in authority as I suggested - perhaps the extra warrior added could be stronger than average as a kind of second in command or something. Also - as a suggestion - how about you cannot get one of these new characters until you are over a certain level to prove your dedication to the game and experience. Then those with a fat wallet but a lack of game experience cannot just purchase one too soon. Let's have some ideas as contributions please. :cool:

9. Eldin

Eldin New Member

10 from me.... :cool:

10. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

No thanks. with dwindling player count....new players are already finding it difficult to get clan, full clan is of the utmost importance and already comes at a huge financial cost. Their is already plenty of characters and things to spend money on....Ide rather have fixes/improvements to existing content.

11. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

Up to a certain point the more complicated a game is or the more you can do with it the stickier the site is. If peeps are leaving the game it is, for them, not sticky enough to make them want to stay and play. If it does not appeal they will leave very quickly. If they stay a much longer time but eventually leave it is probably because they are bored with the same old, same old every time they log in. There needs to be enough of a stimulus to make people want to come back again and again other than just do their quota of daily clicks. Most of us have probably got better things to do than look at a screen and get bored. My idea of extra characters, however it is worked out, is to provide yet another layer of interest and stimulus to make it even more sticky. Yes, I am all for improvements and upgrades of course, but to have a steady trickle of new aspects and ideas can also increase the overall interest in the game. This may actually attract more players rather than lose them.

12. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

i guess it depends on what one thinks is actually causing the shrinking numbers. Personally...I think Kano has watered down the games way to much in an effort to please everyone out of greed which has in return has off those that made the games successful in the first place. In essence they tried fixing what wasnt broke while ignoring the obvious problems their dedicated player base was repeatedly telling them about. A Bad ass looking car or girl gets boring real quick if whats under the hood is lacking. No offense....but new characters is just more of a wax job than engine work

13. slave

slave Member

kano has been unable to keep up with players yearning for new content and feel throwing a calendar or mini calendar out each month will appease those of us who have NOTHING to do in the game....

i was looking at activity of my squad and saw today that half of my 360 squad have been inactive for over 3 months
    what is that telling you? its too easy to catch up to the content and when people have nothingn left to do they leave for a new app that promises more content

can you hear me now

14. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

I guess when some dev(s) come up with a (new) game of some sort there is a reasonable life expectancy for it in the eyes of a lot of players. They will play until they reach their own limit of playability/boredom within the game. If any given game does not change/improve/develop/fascinate etc., then players will leave only to possibly be replaced by new players who have only just 'discovered' the game for themselves. There are a lot of players at the lower levels and fewer players at the higher levels as people leave after a while. These statistics prove this point. Does a game have a natural shelf life for each individual player? So do the devs only want to have a big turnover at the lower levels or do they (also) want to keep players long term by constantly striving to improve the game itself and add new areas of challenge/interest. I would think that probably a bit of a mix goes on with attractions up front but deeper levels of interest for the long term players. Only the longer term players are able to make the relevant contributions for improvements that the developers need to hear. So let's ALL hope that they take serious note of our many and varied conversations in the forums whatever those conversations my be/raise/propose.

15. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

I think there are people who come and have a go for whatever attracted them in the first place. If they find it interesting they will probably stay until they get bored then either leave or try to do something about it. There are also what I would call 'games players' who get a lot out of playing whatever they play. Clearly people are at different stages in their game play. Why I am proposing to introduce new characters available at certain levels (to keep out the fat wallets with no game experience deliberately to enhance the levels aspect of the game) is to make the site a bit more sticky i.e. people return again and again. I think that the more there is to do in a game the greater the interest level above and beyond just killing each other. This is a fighting game with several other facets to it. The new characters could surely add another layer of interest to acquire to encourage and develop the longer term players to stay and hopefully contribute to the game. I have seen Kel & Bully both make the odd constructive comment in the forum, they are still here for a reason. New characters maybe as I suggested earlier but not to strong to make the competition unfair. Just different in some way to enhance the game play a bit more. I don't necessarily agree with Polish that new characters would just be a wax job and not an engine job. When an engine is running you can tune it and improve it. If there is something wrong with the engine that will hinder it's performance or even stop it running. Step one in engine construction is make it work. Step two is improve it in whatever way you can. The more complex a game is up to a point, the more there is to do in it so it can have a higher retention factor other than just a few simple aspects.

16. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

New characters are always a possibility, although it isn't anything that's currently in the queue. As such I've moved this to not currently being considered.