[LCN] New Characters

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Scandalous Mamacita, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

it is really not much of an edge if any at all.

2. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

then what does it really matter? i could see if there were thousands of players over, say, level 5k. but if there are only a few, that may be why there are no immediate plans to roll out new characters. maybe next year?

3. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

I already have the level 2500. I am just wanting to switch from "stamina and energy" to "cash and energy". There is NO discount when buying a 2nd character that is the same level. So I had been hoping a level 5000 or something would have been released since it would cost the exact same as buying a 2nd level 2500.

I don't think the .5% is that big of a deal between a level 1000 and the level 2500. What was nice is the difference in time for either the cash, stamina, or energy regeneration. But I am not looking for a new character to get another advantage.... I just have been wanting to switch from stamina/energy to cash/energy and just didn't want to spend the $50 to change from a level 2500 to another level 2500 and then have a new level 5000 come out and then have to figure out how to come up with another $50 to buy that as well. I was just hoping a new level 5000 character would have been released and I would have just spent the $50 (no discount to change lines) and taken care of my desire to change lines as well as got a new character all at once.

There is a lot more than just a few on FB. The Top 120 lowest level is 6370. They (referring to FB) probably have as many players over level 5000 as we have active on Kong LCN. And since all these games are connected as far as programming, game play, and even the basic concept with VC, PC, and who knows what else as I don't play anything else but Kong LCN, I had figured they would have put it out there as another way to make a little money.... $50 is not cheap.

4. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

True...... if a new character ever did come out it would only cost me an extra 175 fps instead of the 250? Still would have hoped to take care of "both" getting a new line AND a new level character all at once for only 250 fps and not an extra 175. But since it appears it wont be happening anytime soon.....

5. ChewbaccaSW

ChewbaccaSW Active Member

6. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

Did anyone ever think that the .5% was really the reason to buy the level 2500 character? That was not much of a bonus. I always thought it was for the items that came with the level 2500 but most importantly was the increase on times for 2 of the 3 choices..... Cash, Energy, and Stamina. And that is the only reason I wanted a new character was because my 2 choices were Energy and Stamina and I wanted to make a change to Cash and Energy. I could careless about another .5% or three items. I just didn't want to spend 250 fps for a second level 2500 character when eventually I would have thought a level 5000 or something would come out and I would have to again spend another 175 fps for the new one.

7. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

they're releasing characters, but they're updating crafting first. but before they can update crafting, they have to release new locations. and then there's all the other "secret" things they're working on. so i'll say maybe 3 years. can we close this thread down until then?

8. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

You really think they will ever actually release a new character? And in only three years, huh? And you think crafting is the next plan for Kano? I would really be interested in seeing how many people really think that they are "updating" crafting. They might finally get the boss crafting done for Moon but we all know that even though that should only have take a couple of days that alone will take a few years for Kano to figure out. And new cities??????? They are only 3000 levels behind the highest level now. Based on the history of Kano, they will probably wait until they are more like 4000 levels behind before the next one comes out.

And "secret" things are probably ideas to make brand new level 1 players be able to level even faster and be stronger than most players by level 500.

Orez likes this.
  9. ChewbaccaSW

ChewbaccaSW Active Member

@GOING TO CATCH DAVID : The game...is a business. So i think the developpers focus their efforts...where they can gain the more money. So for the "majority" of players, lvl 0-3000. You're definitely out the "standards" :p It's my opinion about their choices.

10. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

It is always in the best interest of any business to keep their customers happy. Eventually it becomes harder and harder to get new customers and repeat business is always best. We can see that with Kong LCN as the numbers continue to drop and long time players continue to quit. If the developers focused on keeping long term players, as new players joined, the player base would continue to grow and the word of mouth would be that Kong LCN was a success and worth investing time and money into. As it is now, most people view Kong LCN as a game worth maybe playing for a short time but nothing to plan on playing for any extended period of time.

11. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, how does one do that "word of mouth on KONG"? I have a ARMOR VC account and never seen anywhere to promote other games,, being a non social network. :confused:

12. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

People talk in Kong chat for example. And new players read what players write. And when most players are complaining about the game, I would venture to say it makes new players less interested in sticking around to see if the game is worth playing. Also, I have told real friends online and in my real world about games like Pokerstars for example and had them join. I really can't see anything about Kong LCN that I would try to convince a friend to join and spend money on. And if I was not so busy with other things and already such a high level on Kong LCN, I have often thought about trying out VC as I have heard a lot of people leave LCN to play there and it seems from some of the comments in LCN Kong chat that VC is a better game than KONG LCN.