[LCN] New Characters

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Scandalous Mamacita, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Scandalous Mamacita

Scandalous Mamacita New Member

Is there going to be any new characters coming available? Right now we have topped out at level 2500 it would be nice if some newer ones became purchasable. ;):oops:

2. Gazzaaaa

Gazzaaaa Active Member

I dont think there are any planned currently

3. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

ChewbaccaSW and Gazzaaaa like this.
  4. ChewbaccaSW

ChewbaccaSW Active Member

If they add new character now, it would disadvantage the old players (the ones who are +4000 for example), in my opinion.

5. Gazzaaaa

Gazzaaaa Active Member

Isn't that the same for any feature that they add now though?

GOING TO CATCH DAVID likes this.
  6. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

Not at all.... especially if they added a level 5000, a level 7500, and a level 10,000 all at the same time. I am above level 10,000 and have been waiting forever for a new character. I think it is messed up that Kano screws over the higher levels by making them wait forever for new cities and such things as new characters.... there is supposed to be an advantage for leveling and Kano seems to want to take that away.

7. Michael Wheet

Michael Wheet Active Member

I tend to agree that new chartures would be a neat feature,but as always it is a question of "is this profitable for KANO?" The costs of programming will be weighed against the possible financial gain. If our player base was a bit larger, the chances of this being implemented would improve.

8. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

The player base for Kong is not really an issue as once it was done for Facebook LCN, not much of a leap to do it for Kong LCN. And Kong FB does have a lot of players over level 5000. So making a new character for level 5000 makes a lot of sense..... and just like the character for level 2500, people would buy it so long as it provided an advantage such as the faster times for energy, stamina, and/or health; provided a few items; and of course, a .5% increase again. Maybe even offer a character that gave both .5% on attack AND a .5% on defense.

9. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

Agree on it, add more characters at once would be beneficial.

10. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

For the reason highlighted, I don't see this going anywhere. Just because a vast majority of players want something has nothing to do with if it will actually be implemented. (Now if a minority of players wanted something, it would probably be implemented within 2 days, although not exactly as it was envisioned...)

11. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

I don't think there would be a "high cost" of programming associated with it.... not more than any other aspect of the game. And due to the fact they created a level 1, level 100, level 1000, and level 2500 that it was going to be a continuing trend. If it was such a "high cost of programming" I would imagine they would have stopped at level 1000. It is just with everything Kano does..... it takes forever like new cities. Not to mention Kano seems to ignore the levels reaching the "top" and focus more on creating new ways to make brand new players better than the old faithful.

12. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

it's not that there is necessarily a high cost in programming. it's that the return on investment is too low. how many players would actually spend money to buy FPs to get new characters? not nearly as many as those that spend money to buy FPs for other aspects of the games (cough, raids, cough). so if i'm going to devote my resources on developing new characters or creating new raids, and players won't spend as much money on characters as they do raids, why would i create new characters then? and i don't even have the highest character that i can have and i still win most of my battles, so i don't see that this would have much of a difference to my gameplay because the benefits would be watered down, anyway.

13. Michael Wheet

Michael Wheet Active Member

This is all very true, but it would still be an enrichment to the game. People should have the option. Remember that a lot of high level players DO invest money in the game and would gladly pay a bit more for this perk.

GOING TO CATCH DAVID likes this.
  14. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

Where do you guys get your information? You keep saying that people won't buy a new character.... really? then why does everyone just about buy the level 2500 as soon as it came out? Or spend 30 fps for the latest limited item that is just a little better than the last one? People level 5000 or higher would buy a new character if it offered an advantage over the level 2500 character. And those who reached level 7,500 and level 10,000 would certainly spend on it as they spent to get to those levels in the first place. Maybe the fact is the people who are posting claiming "no one will buy it" are the ones who wouldn't want to spend on it and want to make sure no one else would have an opportunity either as it would force them to buy it as well or be at a disadvantage. "No one will buy it" LMAO What world do you live in as people spend on LCN all the time for everything.

15. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

And the fact you don't even have a level 2500 proves my point about maybe you are one of the 1 in a 1000 who didnt buy the level 2500. Either because you have no idea the value or you just don't spend and are a "free player". And the benefits are not just about attack..... the extra time for cash, stamina, and energy pay for itself.

16. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

no one is saying NO players will buy new characters. the point is that more money is being generated with raids than characters. so why come up with new characters if only a handful of players will buy FPs to get them? the current characters already give you extra cash, energy, stamina, etc. i might buy another character to get that one extra second shaved off my stamina earning time or that extra 0.0001% attack bonus, but that's not really much of an incentive to get them, is it?

Kirsten likes this.
  17. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

RAIDS? Seriously? I don't know about Facebook but on Kong LCN they are losing people every month. Fewer and fewer are getting opened and less is being spent on them. And I think you are wrong about how hard it would be to update a newer character and I think MANY people over level 5000 would buy the upgrade as long as it was an actual improvement over the level 2500 character. People were very quick to buy the level 2500 with a .5% better attack and I imagine for a character than shaved off a few seconds for either cash, energy, or stamina and say along with the .5% attack that came with the level 2500, the level 5000 still had the .5% attack but also had .5% defense. I think people would buy it. What I would really be interested in seeing is responses from people who are level 5000 or higher as no offense.... but if you are below level 5000, your opinion doesn't matter since you cannot buy it anyways and most people under level 5000 would do whatever they could to keep others from getting an advantage they wouldn't have.

18. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

KANO screwed the pooch on that IMO, they said never be able to buy SKILL POINTS, which that is exactly what it was.
    I don't care if it's a little or a lot, it's still buying SKILL POINTS.

19. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

If it is a boost in att/def I agree on it being a skill point increase as jades say, and that is not really what would make me buy it, but seeing a decrease in gaining stam/energy/time for cash would make me buy it, if it was priced reasonable compared to the gain.

20. Vic

Vic Active Member

arrogant much?