[All] New character option pricing option/modification

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by polishpimp, Oct 29, 2013.

1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I would like to suggest that Kano add the option of purchasing the new characters without the additional limited items. Not only is the price pretty steep but the limited items that come with them arent even all that great for many of us. If I was inclined to purchase a new character I would rather have the choice to buy the limited items that I actually wanted separately. This would not only make the new characters more affordable but give us much more freedom to do as we wish with our accounts. I understand that the limited items offered with the new characters are being made available at a reduced cost but it would still be nice to have a choice whether to buy with or without.

Of course those that have already purchased the new characters with the limited items should have the opportunity to get a refund on the limited items if they would have rather not of purchased them.

For all those that will disagree just because its me suggesting this. I have not purchase a new character nor do I have plans to do so. Im just trying to help make the upgrade more affordable for the masses.

thoughts?

2. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I like the idea!
    At lvl 100 2 years ago getting 3 weapons was a good starter kit, but now they became obsoleted, or if someone buys a new character a few weeks or months after they were released, he gets weapons that are already weak.

As I suggested once, a good compromise would be, that we get the limited quantity's offered at the moment of the purchase, at least this way we have a little more freedom by choosing our weapons.

3. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

this sounds like a good idea that would benefit most players

4. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

i give this a one, polish is just greedy and self-serving and only wants this for himself....the nerve of this guy!!! lol jk 10 from me

5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I think we learned a lot of lessons during the last round of new character releases. If this is something you guys feel would be a beneficial option, I'll present it to the developers from them to consider! :)

6. polishpimp

Ty kind sir!

7. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

Ya the prices for the new characters are pretty high, it would be good if we could choose the weapons or not. Then maybe more people would get the characters if they were cheaper.

8. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

i agree. and thank you mi7ch

9. neill1990

mi7ch has there been any word from the developers on this and if so do they agree or disagree with doing this?

10. polishpimp

I doubt Kano is going to give us the option to buy the new characters with or without the items. Its a money grab of epic proportions(right up there with the guild/armada wars). At best I think they might allow us to choose which items we get with the new characters. Do i like that idea? Hell no! Some players already have the latest and greatest limited items....why would they want to be forced to by more of the same just to get a new character.

11. Demonik1

i say they should make the items received with the newer characters special, something we could never buy...400/400 numbers if we're going to be spending so many fps on them

12. polishpimp

Hmmm...thats not a bad idea. As long as it doest cause the price to actually increase....lol

13. Demonik1

i hear that but i guarantee that if they gave out 2 weapons and a warrior at 400/400 or higher, there would be a huge jump in characters purchased (favor points) even if the cost were 200 fps haha....be even cooler if the numbers went up by 5 or 10 every 50-100 levels, really make it worth our while

14. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

well then if it gets any higher that what it cost im not buying its not worth it as is....

15. Demonik1

im with you, as is theyre not worth the cost but if they offer better limiteds to go along with them then it would be well worth it and some

16. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

well i just dont like the fact that they charge that much just for a character we some players cant afford it bc they are tryin to focus more on there hired guns then anything...why not drop it too maybe like 50 or 75 favor points that is for my opinion...

17. Demonik1

because the first ones you can buy cost 100 and plus they wouldnt make as much money

18. neill1990

i think that they should lower the cost of the first batch of characters and have this option to it as well as the new ones so it would look like this:

1st set of characters 2 options:
    option 1: without weapons, just the base character- costs 50

option 2: just like it is now and have the character with all of those weapons included and have it cost the same 100

the new characters:
    1st option: without weapons- 100

2nd option: as it is now but a little cheaper- 25

they would also ask if you want to keep the wepons and if you dont then you get a 75FP refund and only have the base character, but if you do want to keep the wepons then you get a 25FP refund.(only aplies to people who have bought the new characters). the 1st batch of characters there wouldnt be an option to have a refund or not because back then the wepons that where included with the person were actually worthwhile but now well they arent

19. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Rubbish idea on new characters I say. I remember the discussion when this was wanted, Oh wait nope I don't. The boost % even at .25% is a joke but what next .5%, 1% to buy a character?