[Other] New Boss idea

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Deltan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. 10% chance of being hitlisted
    20% chance of 'x' item
    10% chance of gaining 25% of a level's XP

And some smaller long shot's

1% chance of 5FP's
    2% chance of dealing 10x damage
    2% chance of recieving 10x damage

i think thats a great idea! :cool:

2. i think insted of bounty listing from bosses how about every time you do 100 attacks your persntage X's like 5% to 10% to 20% to 40% and so on :cool:

3. alka

alka Banned

Yes I am.
    If the person does not heal from first listing, how is he going to get listed again, and what if he triggers it multiple times while riding?
    Point 2 is a maybe option, but you are then preventing the person getting lost xp back b4 they die :(
    Point 3 has the same effect as 2.

The idea is good but obviously needs more thought into how it's going to work before we get too excited about it.

4. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

good point on #1. not sure if it necessary to get the XP while riding tho....but it is fun.

5. i like that idea a lot ..more options in game -more fun !!!

6. MikeCan

MikeCan Member

i like the idea.. i give a 10 :)

7. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Lets get some more votes and idea's on this possible feature. Please comment and vote

8. alka

alka Banned

After giving it some thought I am beginning to wonder how this is going to work across the board.
    I assume xp will be a sliding scale from high to low levels, as will be cash?
    Any weapon payout could prove useless as with the Trouble Shooter (for high levels), so UN's would be a worthwhile choice of many.
    Any big payout of xp could prove counter productive if it causes players to level when they have lots of stamina left, as is the case with the last day of a calender. This could create a problem where guys only hit the boss when stamina is low, which could lead to less activity on the boss. I would like to see stamina added to existing stamina when levelling.
    Unless a time limit is imposed on the hit list when a booby is set off there could be a mass of traffic all riding the list at the same time, as anyone with an ounce of intelligence will be hovering over the heal button as they do the boss in anticipation of being listed. Maybe a 10 minute countdown timer then the player loses the option to heal, otherwise traffic could have an impact on the speed of the game as has been the case in the past when a few guys are riding the list.

9. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

Cool! I like this idea, I want AMAZING Rewards.......I give ye TEN STARS!!!!!!

10. Zoonie

Zoonie Member

I can see this being of benefit to bounty hunters and that handful of players who see being bountied list as a way to fill their rivals list with lower level players they can attack so I say why not circumvent this by just have the penalty of an XP debit.

11. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

You bring up a very good point. We recently had r ability to sell off all our property because of the instability of the system when so many players were going after a single player on bounty, whats going to happen to the servers if potentially dozens if not hundreds of players went up and were being attacked on the list at the same time?

12. Ghengis Krom

Ghengis Krom New Member

should be fun!!!

13. Jon Ward

Okay i am just going to post my idea on this after giving it some thought

1. If this bounty boss does get approved which i hope it does. You get to hit the bounty boss every two to 4 hours so that will stop the ones who will set out to abuse it.

2. The amount of experience items should be gained from attacking it should vary by level tiers but like polish i believe 500 levels give or take in between other fighters for the same outcome of weapons. So no low level pirates can get an edge over higher ones and no mid level pirates do the same to the higher ones. The reason they are higher and better weapons is they played longer and worked for it.

3. This is the most important thing in my opinion. There should be a second split off of hitlisting from the boss then from players. So that way no one jacks up there bounty cost from the bounty boss. So say for instance someone bounty is already 1 trillion then it would start off with the bounty boss as being around 500 billion and slowly climbs up to different bounties to contend with. But the ultimate goal is that the bounty still gets posted on the board from the bounty boss placing them and any player can get it.

Rate my opinion on it you won't hurt my feelings if you disagree or put your own opinion up on how you believe it should be applied. Still need more ideas and votes on this lets get it approved and bring life back to the bounty boards more in pirate clan.

14. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

Bring this one on!!!!! Me love bounty......

15. Shadowmaster

Shadowmaster Member

Awesome idea! I would suggest a two hour time lapse between attacks and make it like the world boss where you have an option of power attack (Where you could possibly get listed 5 times hehe) vs. normal attack but it is a one time attack that would remove the problem of players riding the list and attacking at the same time etc. Would also make it so there was more traffic on the bounty list but it wasn't overwhelming. Either way this ends up, it is an awesome idea we need more bounty list activity over here on Viking Clan.

16. Power attacks count as one attack per five points of stamina, so let's not do that. :p I wouldn't want to get listed 5 times in a row by a boss from one attack.

On topic though, the idea of a bounty boss sounds interesting, but I can't say for sure whether I'll like it or not till we work out the details on how often you'd be listed by the boss.

Death is a stat, and dying makes you lose experience. Higher levels lose more experience per death than the lower levels as well.

If the boss is able to list randomly and frequently, then I don't see that it would be any fun trying to gather back lost experience. So the listing would have to be rare. Almost as rare as getting a Single Hit Payout of 5 FPs in the arrow challenges, perhaps.

Other than that, it would just be another boss to me.

17. Does your bounty price go up? Thats a factor!

18. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

I would say just for the "bounty boss" listings, you can't heal on the hitlist.

Maybe it could be the same hitlist price for everyone listed. Realistically being listed should have the smallest percentage.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  19. Jon Ward

Bumping up

20. Infernal Devil

Infernal Devil New Member

i have a suggestion to the name of the boss, Jörmungandr (the midgard serpent). btw i really like this idea :)