[LCN] New BA idea.....?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by GOING TO CATCH DAVID, Aug 23, 2015.

1. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

One of the biggest issues I always hear about at least in Kong LCN is that lower level players cannot compete with the higher level players who come in and just kill everything and some higher level players who often feel like they have a disadvantage with BA perks if they have put too high a percentage of skills into stamina because putting more skills into Attack/Defense/Health has not been necessary for where they are in their regular game play.

In the old BA, players with a high defense could start in DEF MODE and never even show up and place at the top. Then Kano added 100 attacks so then they just "showed up", did 100 attacks, and then stayed in DEF MODE for the duration of the event and often placed higher than players who actually played but got unlucky and got killed. It didn't seem fair that a player with 15 kills and 3000 attacks placed lower than someone who did 100 attacks and never even really played.

So the new BA came and now at least on Kong we just have players who sign up for the exp and start out in DEF MODE and never play. Last few BA's we have had like 120 people score at least one point and like 220 who didn't score a single point. That is like 2/3 of the players who sign up don't even participate. The 1/3 who do try and play and do not start out in def mode at the beginning, find themselves being killed fairly quickly. Most don't bother to revive. The few who do try and revive since there are no other targets as everyone else is in def mode or knocked unconscious, they get killed before they even have a chance to make up the points they lost for dying (again!). I know FB LCN might be different as over 1000 players sign up. But on Kong, when you have 330 average and like only 100 or so playing.... it doesn't take long for the 3 or 4 top players to mow everyone down.

SO what if BA was completely changed.

Everyone starts out EQUAL. Everyone has the same health, attack, and defense. Players could work as a team like they used to when we could see actual names or work alone. It would be almost impossible to target a particular player like we used to be able to do with Chucky on Kong as Chucky was so strong in the old BA, we all knew who he was by his stats. With everyone starting out equal, a team working together would be just randomly killing another player and not bullying the same player every BA. Every time you get a kill, you get more health, more strength, and more defense. And when killing another player, you receive a bonus in rewards based on the number of kills the player you killed had. Eventually the weak would be killed and the stronger players would keep going.

Make DEF MODE limited not only on max time possible but max time between using it. Eliminate the hours and hours of defense time. Like each player has 2 hours of DEF MODE max and you can only stay in DEF MODE for 30 minutes at a time with a 15 or 30 minute time between jumping back in. So you can jump in, use up to 30 minutes of your time and then you have to wait 30 minutes before jumping in again. And no penalty for when you come out.

As players were killed off, teams would eventually have to turn on each other and it would be a bigger deal if one player kept getting the kills as the team members might realize they were creating a player they would soon not be able to beat.

Since players might still die too quickly, make it like the brawl where the player can return after 15 or thirty minutes to try again. The disadvantage would be if they waited too long to return, other players alive with kills would be stronger and harder to beat. It would still be a lot the current BA as stamina and attacks matter - but in this one, also make placement equal points. When you die matters. So having the most attacks might not be as important as kills since kills make you stronger and possibly able to live longer. And steals would be huge. Going after the bigger players early would matter as they are only able to get stronger if they keep killing.

This is just a rough idea that I threw out in chat and someone said I should put in on the forum.

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  2. ChewbaccaSW

ChewbaccaSW Active Member

What about including the possibility of healing, like in SW? I prefer to say it immediatly, im not a BA expert. Is this idea totally silly? Could it help to give more interest to BA?

3. SwiftlyInnocent

SwiftlyInnocent Active Member

really dude you just said this because I brought it up in syndie chat! ;)

4. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Isn't defensive stance useless now? Since you'll be automatically healed 8 hours after the arena starts, there's not much point to defensive stance anymore. I'm sure that the majority of the player base does not have 8 hours worth of defensive stance.

5. SwiftlyInnocent

this is true most people dont. also the fact that they can decide when they join the arena again is another option i feel most people wait until sudden death to actually revive and play

6. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

Funny how the topic can change from a new idea with a really different format for BA to how defense mode really is useless and no one has 8 hours. LOL I was really hoping for more direct feedback on the idea itself and maybe someone expanding on it to make it better if they supported the basic thought. Or if someone didn't like the idea, reasons why and what direction they thought BA might be improved.

7. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

i wouldn't be opposed to trying any of the changes mentioned. but the powers that be seem to like it the way it is set up now. so i really don't see any point in discussing ideas about how to make it better, to be honest with you.

8. Vic

Vic Active Member

interesting thought about making all stats equal to begin arena with to make it more competitive at the start, but i'm thinking there are going to be quite a few players that are going to be against THAT.

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  9. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

I'm open to any change to the BA. Including this. I do think people would begin to complain about bullying but I believe it's just teamwork and everyone has the right to form a team.

Good idea I reckon.

10. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

Well, I am one of those who do well in the new BA. Partly because I have so much stamina, partly because I buy refills and so getting points is easy, and partly because I am in the top 10 or so in Kong as far strength so I can typically last until about the end scoring points from start of brawl until the end of the 2nd half. So it would certainly change my being in the TOP 5 every BA to maybe being killed early. But I think that is what is needed - everyone with a real chance of winning and not just a select few each and every BA. And keep BA the way it is, make this a new activity. LOL You have regular bosses and then you have RAIDS. Similar yet different. Anyways, it was just an idea I was throwing out there for discussion. :)

11. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

Top players would still band together using private chat groups. The end score would still depend on who buys most stamina refills, unless you make the attacks 'free.'

SwiftlyInnocent likes this.
  12. SwiftlyInnocent

your right people will complain but you also backed it up by saying everyone has chances to form teams

13. SwiftlyInnocent

would you prefer they did tokens like the did in SW? also I kind of wish there were brackets or tiers like there are for raids this way everyone has a fair shot at winning first i mean i placed 47 last war and i am only a level 982 but still i didnt want tank all my fp on refills to try to shoot for first when i knew I wouldnt win even if i got a bunch of refills only due to my low health but if they played in tiers and gave rewards in each tier that would make it well rounded for everyone

14. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

Yeah I'm not saying people should complain. Just that they will.

15. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

First off, there is NO perfect world. You might as well say there should be a limit on how many items a person can buy in a week or a month as some people have a bigger wallet than others. The bigger the wallet and the more willingness to spend, the stronger the mobster, regardless of what level.

But the idea is that those "top players" would not have the advantage of all those bought items, level, or allocation of skills to use to their advantage except of course in the area of stamina refills as just like in SW -tokens still use stamina and if a person runs out, it doesn't matter if they have 300 tokens left and 4 refills for the day, they still need stamina. And who is to say that your "group" couldn't kill off a few top players before they had a chance to need a refill? But yeah, if you think you can play BA with say 100 stamina, you might as well go home.

Just like with RAIDS now, if you want to be in 50 of them, you are going to need 50,000 stamina and 50,000 energy minus the random drops of energy you can use. In the concept of this BA, you would still need stamina and time to play. The only real difference is it makes everyone equal to start....... how many low levels try to play and are killed seconds into it when a monster finds them and mows them over in while they try to hide in Defense Mode? And also keep in mind, since everyone starts out equal, killing someone off might not be so easy as depending how it was structured, you would be evenly matched so it might be hard to kill someone without killing yourself or making yourself vulnerable if the kill was stolen from you. OR while you were attacking a target, the target got his friends to go after you or they committed suicide on another mobster. Those TOP MOBSTERS could be anyone who got early kills and had friends who they worked with.

Maybe even another idea to throw at this would be that people could sign up as a team.... like teams of up to 5. And everyone on the team of the person who got the kill got rewarded. That way if a person was helping out his team mates but missing that final kill, he was not tossed to the wolves. Then when it got down to say final 20, there were no longer teams and team rewards. At that point it was every mobster for themselves. That would have given plenty of time to create powerful mobsters who could battle it out.

16. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

i'm thinking teams are not going to happen. that was one of many changes made to discourage team play. that being said, player strength at the start was not equal, so that might merit some thought.

Kirsten likes this.
  17. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of the team thing, either. We already have team events: syndicate wars, war mode, and the regular game. Plus, this was horrid when teams were in effect before one of the many changes to make it "better".

Kirsten likes this.
  18. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

Well, it was just a thought with the teams. The problem with teams before was it was too easy to target players by their "stats".... like in Kong, we all knew who Davey or Chucky were by their stats AND it was too easy for players like Davey, Chucky , and the supposedly unknown third member of their group (most people knew who it was) and because of their starting strength and BA advantage, together they could destroy anyone who they felt was a threat to their success. A player had no chance when those three targeted them as typically most players didn't stand a chance just against anyone of those three by themselves let alone against all three at once. With everyone starting out equal, it would make it more difficult for anyone to be "bullied" or targeted every BA by a team as it would be a lot more difficult to figure out who was who.

But I understand that we have SW and War Mode for team events.

I just wish there was an event which all levels could compete a little more evenly once in awhile. Maybe changing the BA is not the answer and an entire new event is needed with some of the concepts I suggested - everyone starting out equal. But old BA too many people hated, new BA everyone complains is just who spends the most, RAIDS is about who spends the most, SW is all about the team with the strongest players, and War Mode on Kong is really a non-event.

19. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

current BA is fine for me. BA is to fight and survive, not hide and survive. I'd like to see the nicknames though, hiding nicknames is hilarious.

20. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

i could go with this make it a new event and keep the other ba, lets have 2 of them a month 1 of each