**NEW** Arena idea

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by alka, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

@Alka I've moved this to ideas, as this is very much an idea and a proposed change to the game, which is what the ideas section is for.

2. The Protector

The Protector Banned

1 star and I'm not a cheat so don't even go there.

3. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

1 star and I'm the same as protector. You can accuse all you want, but until you bring proof only the paranoid and the voices in your head will believe you.

4. alka

alka Banned

It bothers me not. I can understand why some people would not want a level playing field :)

I didn't want it moved to ideas because I knew it would produce a low score because any idea's to make the game fair for all gets shot down (usually by the same few).

Any less than a 6 would prove me right :)

5. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Fair? What's unfair about having a team? We have squad, we have factions, and we have alliances. This game is BUILT from teamwork. Asking your squad to punch, getting boss help, challenge help, top squad earnings, top squad strength, need I go on? If we want to use teamwork and alliances in the arena it's not fair?

6. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

This is NOT an idea as the cheats would score it low. It is simply a suggestion for Kano to at least trial it on each platform, if only once.

Never talked to alka before but lol WB, alka wanted it discussion and you moved it, yes idea, but most know where to put certain posts on DB as well. alka you need help on DB where to post? LOL I think not.

7. alka

alka Banned

How would team play be effected if they still have the search bar?

8. alka

alka Banned

I am at a loss as to how your post is not in "Ideas", but in Announcements. An Announcement is something that is happening in the game, usually at a specific time or date as already pre-set. Maybe you need a Title called Proposals!!!

It's a shame we can't have a discussion about an idea before moving the polished idea to Ideas for final comments!!

9. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

@Alka Unfortunately, not wanting to allow players a numerical vote isn't a valid reason for having an idea not in the idea section. The reason we have a section for ideas is so that players can browse community-suggested ideas and have a discussion about them. If you're passionate about an idea, and believe it would be good for the game, encourage players who feel the same way to comment on it and vote. It's also worth mentioning that while the ratings are an easy way to see what the average consensus on an idea is, we do look at the actual discussion as well when deciding what to consider for possible implementation.
    Also, the idea section is the place to have a discussion about an idea. Ideas often go through a revision process because of player feedback, which is a very important part of the process. There isn't and doesn't need to be different sections for pre-discussion and final comments. If you're worried that a rating doesn't reflect an idea after it's been polished, you can always re-post the polished idea, as long as you reference the discussion and mention that it's a refined idea, as spamming an idea because you don't like the rating isn't helpful.

10. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

The only real shot they have besides pure luck or flying under the radar because of inactivety is to have friends who have their back, if a player cant identify themselves how are friends /team mates supposed to avoid them?

How is it you figure it will help them?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  11. polishpimp

If the search bar was still in play it would not take all that long for the players you are trying to deter to identify their alt accounts despite having names that were random, the more accounts they had would make it even easier which in the end would actually promote alt usage

12. alka

alka Banned

Not so.
    They might be able to identify their alts but it would be as a result of finding them on the Fight List first.
    That means they would be on everyone else's radar and could be sniped.
    At the moment players are hitting a random account 100 times then searching for their alts or their given accounts before those accounts hit the Fight List. Hence, free kill and no sniping.

13. polishpimp

I understand your point but the random nature of the fight list doesnt really back up the theory. Any account can appear on someone s fight list on any given refresh which makes them as vulnerable to being sniped as any other account being attacked whether its an alt account or not. Granted........if a player with alts kills his alts early on in the arena they have a better chance of going undetected/sniped due to the sheer number of accounts still in play, but it works the same way for non alt accounts as well.

Like I said previously, I like the sentiment behind the idea and even think that it would slow the dirtbags down, I just think theres too heavy a price that would be paid elsewherer to justify its worth

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2012
  14. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

If I don't know my friends/faction members names how am I supposed to coordinate who not to hit and who to hit? I could be taking down my closest friend in the game and not even realize it. Teamwork is a valuable asset in this game and should NOT be taken away.

15. Obviously there is a serious problem with Arena that you cannot get no more than 1500 to play any of them..

Why is there sooo many more on World Bosses..

It tells you there is a serious problem with Arena.

So change it up.

Nobody knows anyone. Get in the Cage, Fight to the Death. Last man Standing.

Would it be the Same Top 20???

I dont think so.

Thats not saying they are not Exceptional Players..

I do think that the Rankings would change.

Some of the players know very well, The Way Arena is right now. Ranks can be controlled.

The Top Spots are more less determined.

With nobody knowing names, Everyone goes in. One walks out..

The Ranks will Change.

Its a fact.

And im also betting that more than 1500 will play also.

16. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

You also have to think of all the people that couldn't be bothered to fight. All the new slayers and alts being made hitting the world boss.

17. The times of these Arenas make a difference i know that.

Really. People makes New Alt Accounts just to Tap the World Boss every 4 hours???

Thats really a No Lifer right there and pretty downright Pathetic.

18. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

They aren't making the new account just to hit the world boss, but when they make their alts they still hit them. There are many low levels joining, and new alts being made which means many more accounts below 660 hitting the world boss.