[All] New and old battle arena

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Alice Prospero, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

And you think your way is the best , so ?? Therefore we debate , something that was debated and changed prob before you even started playing and it was Kano who changed it ,had been in the works for awhile just like most changes and features, hence my experience is valid

Demonik1 likes this.
  2. Alice Prospero

Alice Prospero Active Member

Everyone thinks their way is the best. But you imply that people are stupid. It's a sad way of debating. This forum would be a lot more constructive if people stopped getting personal and instead focused on what's the topic.
    I have 3,5 years in the game but that means nothing because a good idea can come from someone that started yesterday.

George Burd likes this.
  3. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

i think you should both just duke it out already and get it over with....ill get the popcorn ready and put the jello in the little pool

4. Alice Prospero

Nah, I'm done here. The idea is not going anywhere so that's it for me.

5. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Was the "dictionary post" one of your constructive ones? Seems you dismiss those who don't agree with you.

A lot of us had an issue with the old Arena so we are bringing it up, just in case the devs do bring it back based on a thread like this. That does not make our posts any less important than yours or our concerns any less valid.

Kirsten likes this.
  6. Alice Prospero

I wanted to discuss the idea as such. Not debating whether or not staying passive can be a strategy or not. That wasn't the topic. The dictionary post wasn't supposed to be constructive, it was supposed to end the meta discussion. Unfortunately it didn't work out that way.
    I respect your input. I see why some people in here doesn't like the old format. This idea wasn't specifically for you. It was for those that liked the old format. I like both formats. So naturally i would like to have the chance to play both of them since it would improve my (and everyone else who liked the old formats) gaming experience. Those that do not like the old format would have the option to not play it. So no loss on their account.

I think this should be debated without attacks on a person. There's enough on that in world chats.

7. Kirsten

When you have an idea you have to expect others to have an opinion , you do not get to decide who and what others feel, think or say, if ya get that out of your head , you will enjoy debating and discussing, things, pros and cons, the arena was changed and this is the way it is now, not the way it was, it is old news, so beating a dead horse is foolish, but if you persist so shall we. :) Maybe your next idea I may like, not everyone likes my ideas, Kano included, not a big deal. Mitch stated the old forum code is gone, I also advice you get a sense of humor. :)

Old Salt likes this.
  8. Old Salt

I haven't attacked you. And it's irrelevant who you meant your post for. You posted it here so those of us that had a certain opinion were going to post them. And you really can't have a discussion about bringing back the old Arena format without bringing up one element of it that pissed off a lot of people. That made "staying passive" relevant in my estimation to the debate. Especially when some started defending it all over again as a strategy, which I do not think it was. I think it was a loophole that lazy people used to place in the top twenty and reap rewards they didn't earn. When you place 4th but spend 95 percent of the "Battle Arena" away from the computer that is a problem.

I had suggested that they up the minimum attacks needed to qualify for the rewards but KANO had already decided to overhaul the whole thing. Maybe the point system is an improvement since you have to fight to get a high ranking but I don't like the sudden death aspect of it. Perhaps the old Arena format with the point system is the way to go. Maybe include the names back also as making everyone anonymous obviously didn't stop many from playing in packs and helping each other win and probably just homogenized the playing experience.

Kirsten likes this.
  9. Kirsten

Seems you dismiss us cause we wanted a change in the arena, and it happened, not that we had any pull with kano changing , seems it was in the works already, I don't like the sudden death change, but I do like the no names, and the non active turtles not ranking , so I will deal with sudden death, it was getting tiresome to see someone do the min actions and hide in defense 5 hours or so, get not one Kill and rank in the top ten , while others use their blood sweat and tears :rolleyes: to actually go all out and rank lower, please that was just a mockery.

10. Kirsten

No no names, then they gangbang and that is not an arena, should be one on one , last person standing who got their on their own. Even if the same people win that won before that is fine as long as the non actives who did the ,what was it 100 attacks and then hid do not rank or get a reward.

11. Kirsten

Yes I remember us asking for a higher min and maybe even a kill to rank in the top 25 or 50. Most who were doing the non active thing were non fighters in the game as it was.

12. Alice Prospero

Where have i told anyone what they have to feel or think? I talk to people, you tell people. I enjoy debating, you enjoy being arrogant and condescending. See the difference?

13. Alice Prospero

I didn't mean you were attacking me, sorry if i made it sound like it was towards you.
    Also, talking about whether or not being passive can be a strategy won't get us anywhere and it wasn't the topic of discussion. It's more of a philosophical question i guess. It's can be another thread. I'll gladly talk about it then.

14. Kirsten

Hmm arrogant and condescending, hmmm well thought ya didn't want to get personal ,why is it when I speak my mind I am telling people what to do,when did I acquire that magic power, if I really had the kind of power I would rule the world,when I have an opinion and I believe in it and disagree with it, so what? I seem to remember you saying and I quote""Everyone thinks their way is the best. But you imply that people are stupid. It's a sad way of debating. This forum would be a lot more constructive if people stopped getting personal and instead focused on what's the topic. "" so here you are telling me when and what I can say about a subject and just because I disagree with you I ,should not say so. We were always on topic, you seem not to see that,you want something one way and a few of us want it to be as it is, and it is as it is, so why do you continue to behave in this manner,as if you were slighted by people disagreeing with you,Like I said earlier when you come to the forum ,you should be ready for people to discuss the pros and cons,of any idea and not take it personal and as strongly as you might feel about your idea, is as strong as I feel against your idea., so I feel you should get over yourself. But you do what you want,since I cannot make anyone do anything,we all have free choice. But thanks for thinking I have some magic power,that made my day .lol P.S. I implied nothing about someone being stupid if you took that personally that is on you,own it.

15. Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel Active Member

lol, this sounds funny! :p

16. Old Salt

The topic of discussion was your suggestion in the first post in this thread that the old Arena be bought back and alternated with the new one. You said, "Why fix it if it isn't broke?" I hate to belabor this but that is the reason the turtle equation came back up. A lot of us feel it was broken and needed to be fixed. I won't go into why I've already said it four or five times. But my point is that made it a relevant part of the discussion. I can't help but feel that some of these people who jumped in and endorsed the idea did so because to bring back the Old Arena "as is" meant they could slip into their turtle shells once again. (I recognize some of the names as being players who hid in defensive mode after doing 100 hits) And that would simply be unacceptable.

If you want the old Arena back (and there are many that do) then I would suggest some kind of hybrid between the old and new ones. Keep the point system but get rid of the sudden death. And no need to drag the damn thing out for 3 days or whatever. I would say fight to the last pirate/viking etc. and then end it. And if there is a standoff then end it after a certain amount of time has gone by. Those are my suggestions off the top of my head and others may have a difference of opinion. But simply dusting off the old Arena format, even if it is alternated with the new one, simply won't fly with a lot of us. Changes must be made to address the turtle issue.

Alice Prospero likes this.
  17. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

i find it extremely hilarious how mitch tried to end this like 2 or 3 pages ago and its gettin all energizer bunny up in here xD

Kirsten likes this.
  18. Kirsten

I will have the last word :p

19. Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec Active Member

why not simply reverse the current BA; you would start off in with sudden death, then move to stage that you can respawn. I know it sounds messed up but it will allow those that want to start in def mode to last. and it would ensure BA lasts longer than a few hours. as those that spend would be able to do so. the points for the second half of BA could be half of the "survival" mode and the player with the most points wins. ...... but both old and new BA didn't work and current BA simply isn't any fun. just a crazy thought.

20. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

The new BA is broken too. The drop in participation says that other people agree with me.

Alice Prospero likes this.