Myspace Update June 7 2013

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Jun 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

The offsite that we are setting up will be a different way to login outside of MySpace but it will be 100% the same rivals, allies, etc just using your email / pass to login through kanoplay.com/myspace/gamename.

We advise everyone to click through the link above the game and create a password (don't forget your password) to associate with their email, we are using MySpace authentication to link you to your email / pass now in-case games are removed sooner rather than later.

We should have it playable this week as well as more details around what we will be looking to do longer term.

2. Clare

Clare New Member

Thank you Mi7ch, are we going to be able to play Mob Wars on smart phones after the change?

3. Drake

Drake New Member

Vice Admiral Sir Francis Drake

I would like to see the MS players, If they choose FB, moved to FB and have the MS game added to the FB game as tho we were always playing on FB ... that would compensate us for MS removing the game and we would not lose any time due to that change, as I said, if the MS game was added to the FB game. I guess if some peeps want to remain separate, that could be OK too and they'd could get an e mail entry to a separate site. :cool:

4. PosterBoy

PosterBoy New Member

One thing about Myspace. When they were purchased by News Corp's Rupert Murdoch, I knew they were going down. He can take anything and turn it into junk. Watch. The New York Post is going to go out of business within this year. He's spent the last 10 years squeezing every little dime out of it to make money without reinvesting anything. That paper was started by Alexander Hamilton when America was founded. He bought the LA Dodgers and then sold it to Frank McCourt after squeezing everything he could out of that franchise. He bought the Wall Street Journal and he's only kept his paws off of that because the staff threatened to walk en masse, if the paper was sold and he guaranteed he'd leave the editorial decisions up to them. So when he bought Myspace, he gutted it within the first year, most of the founding staff left and he allowed everyone to migrate to Facebook thinking that he was cool enough for them to come back. Most people aren't as brainless as the people who watch Fox "News," so that's his politics, that's his mentality and welcome to his world.

5. David Stroud

David Stroud Member

There is one downside about what some of you are saying. There are several of us who play on both MySpace and Facebook. Some of us are already in officer or founder position. If I choose to transfer my MS to FB? Would it effect me big time since I am a founder of a VC Guild over there if that character get replaced by my MySpace character. Same thing with the other three games. I have more in my hired guys over there than I do on MySpace games. Second, I wish we could keep our guilds and clan intact for all four games, but then again, it would interfer me on Facebook. Third? If we keep our downlines or friend connections from MySpace? That would give some of us over on Facebook with 2000 + more friend connections than other FB players.

About the link to the offsite. Does one password be good for all four games? I hate to create more than 1 Password for the same email address.

6. starwolf1001

starwolf1001 New Member

I for one am VERY grateful for all of your support in helping you players...THANK YOU VERY MUCH ;)

7. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

One thing is for sure you can only have one game account per game on fb unlike what myspace allowed and only one account per game as per kano , I think it is mentioned about the password/s for each game or one is enough, but not sure ,and that is right now is for kano to being able to have your game info on record till they figure out and finalize a solution, which they are working on. Just be sure to register .

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2013
  8. that is my concern as well ... I am the founder of my syn on MS, but an officer in the syn on FB ... there is a difference of about 800 levels, and less time playing on FB, but I have worked just as hard on FB as I have MS .... and I know that KANO is working on coming up with a fair deal for all ... they have had a bigger upset than the players have ... we only have OUR accounts to worry about, they have EVERYONE'S, so let's show them our gratitude

9. Linda, I registered through my MW, and got the confirmation when I went into my PC, so one password for all the games is going to work

10. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

I think you guys should make a password confirm i.e. ask for the new password but twice and have a match, or your creating work for yourself reseting passwords. I was able to set up my account but it only asked for the password once ... :D

11. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks for the info, now I know what to tell someone who asks :)

12. i keep poking my head over at the new site and i pressed play a few times (knowing it don't work but i am bad )and it keeps sending me to my Facebook acct. i am going to assume that is BC the site it not running .i am i right on that ? or did i do something wrong ? ...

13. Drake

Drake New Member

Vice Admiral Sir Francis Drake

I want to be clear with my needs ... For me, a complete merger of the 2 games onto FB is highly desired. I've been playing this game EVERY DAY FOR 3.5 YEARS on both sites (maybe a few weeks or months less on FB) and I would not like to lose a clan or guild member, a level or a coin. I am sure if you are posed to help us, that this goal can be reached. I will do all I can to assist if you require my help. Thank you. :cool:

14. MichaelMommertz

MichaelMommertz New Member

I've set it up on myspace that I would like to have my account transfered to facebook and today I created a password for the myspace offiste version that you guys are creating. But I also registered at kongregrate today with the same email and username as I have on this forum. Will I be able to change my preference for moving my account to facebook into moving it to kongrerate later on ? I do not see anywhere where I could change that now. Or will my account just move to the new offsite version and stay there ? Could you please update the first post with any relevant information regarding these kind of issues ?

15. S666C T.H.

S666C T.H. New Member

Thank you ..........

16. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

1 password signed up all of my kano games on kanoplay.

17. AlterEgoT

it is not playable as of yet.

18. da infamous icapone

da infamous icapone New Member

my only concern is that when we do make the move , that our accounts that we have put so much time and money into are kept the same way cause it just wouldn't be fair to know that we would have to start all over again and spend that same type of money all over again .. so above all please make this right kano

19. FunLover

FunLover New Member

I for one do appreciate kano trying their best to help us myspace players. I have invested a lot of time and money into this game and truely enjoy it. I did make a Kong acct 2 months ago but then had decided not to play there .... and my fb acct is a personal one with no games. I had made a 2nd fb acct for non- fb or myspace gamer friends just to talk to but never use that one either. Good luck Kano so I can continue playing Mob Wars with my friends and not have to start all over. Not too sure how I would feel about losing all the stuff I have worked hard to get or paid for to get.

20. AlterEgoT

well shoot the link to choose where we want to go is gone. Are we stuck with that choice?

I still havent' really decided which I'd rather.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.