MYSPACE ending KANO games????

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Grand Master Fielding, Jun 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

Yesterday there was an announcement that MYSPACE would stop sponsoring all games/apps. Assuming they stick with this, what will KANO do with us many MYSPACE users? Will our accounts be transferred to Facebook? Or will they just die? Or does KANO have some other plan in mind. Please advise

Thanks

JM

2. saywhy

saywhy New Member

I am wondering the same thing too Fielding. If MySpace does go through with their plans of eliminating the games, will our games be transferred? My lvl might not be as high as yours or 90% of the player, but starting over will not be an option...

3. Concerns on Loosing game account

As I am sure the concerns will esculate I would be seriously interested in whether our game accounts will either cease altogether or whether in fact a transfer to Facebook will be discussed. I'm sure that every player on here will have a major concern - :confused:

4. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

I just heard the same thing, but it definitely doesn't sound good from what I heard. I really hope that the hi5 fiasco doesn't come up a second time. I didn't spend all this time on my Amazon Brigade just to see it vanish.

5. Papakendall

Papakendall New Member

This isn't cool at all.. They did the same to the last game I played.

Almost 900 days in this game and they pull this without warning..

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  6. Goddess Freya

Goddess Freya New Member

And what about the favor points that many (including myself) have paid for??? If we cannot transfer our accounts over to FB will we be reimbursed for the $$$ that we spent to buy FP's??? I know that transferring accounts to FB will be a major project but we must be allowed to do this. If we cannot, I will not start this game all over again. It took years to level up and add clan and I will not do that again.

7. Grand Master Fielding

I feel your pain Freya. I have my FB for work and work only - I could be talked into having a 2nd FB account - and playing there. Not sure how I'm gonna feel about having Kel and Suzie kick my butt daily for the next 2 years however.

8. Grand Master Fielding

I spend a tremendous amount of money on here - and the idea of having to start over is ludicrous. If KANO does not let me transfer my account, then they're gonna lose money big time.

9. Papakendall

Papakendall New Member

true that...

10. Daniel Pejchl

Daniel Pejchl Member

well Kano needs to find a way to keep MySpace from removing there games. . . Melanie just take Justin Timerlake out for some drinks and work some magic. . .maybe. .Remind them Canada has all the oil now. . . Do something

11. Goddess Freya

Goddess Freya New Member

I have a FB acct that I occasionally use but if Kano won't transfer our MS accounts over intact, then I'm done. I'm not starting at Level 1 again and I'm not buying anymore FP's. I retired last year and bought a lot while I had the extra money. If I lose them then Kano isn't getting another penny from me!

12. last time my space took apps i wasn't playing them but once i restarted playing i find out about 80% of the apps i liked where gone this will be the last thing myspace will take from me besides me deleting my acct.. i hope kano finds a way to move the accts to a diff site .. and not mix them up with face book accts .

13. offroadingnut

offroadingnut New Member

It would be completely unprofessional and poor business practice for kano not to transfer peoples accounts over to another sight such as facebook. Many of people have invested a lot of hard earned money into this game and for them not to transfer accounts to another sight would be treated as a hostile act towards the people that have supported and financed the Kano company. Such an act would cause negative publicity for Kano and lead to actions upto and/or including lawsuites. Not that anyone would ever win such a lawsuite, but who knows, but it would cause the loss of profits from myspace customers as well as some of the other customers that use Kano apps. and also the loss of organizations that donate money to Kano. This would lead to the downfall of Kano as a company. With that being said, please, transfer our accounts to another sight such as facebook. I doubt that I will be speaking for just myself when I say, I will not start over. The sacrifice has been to great and there is no incentive to even want to start over.

14. suffcoresepp

suffcoresepp New Member

:mad::confused::( in germany we dont have this site i must go over us page to read this:

Everything Games
    Last Updated: Jun 05, 2013 04:10PM PDT
    In an ongoing effort to streamline Myspace and improve the experience for our users, we will be eliminating games on the site. In order to prepare for the removal here is some helpful information.

Contact the developer for any questions regarding your games account, billing information, and possible transfer options.

Top Game Developer Support

Playdom
    Mobsters
    Sorority Life
    Bigpoint
    War of Titans
    Farmerama
    Dark Orbit
    Seafight
    Deepolis
    Zynga
    YoVille
    Habbo
    Habbo Hotel
    Mob Wars
    Oxylabs
    Mafia Resurrection
    Coolpics
    Photobuzz
    Game Duell
    Jungle Jewels
    Dog Wars
    BandsInTown
    Mafiaworld
    Dead or Alive
    Battle Ages
    Mafia World
    Kano Games - Viking Clan (email feedback@kanogames.com)
    Flashskin - Pop Up VIPs - http://flashskin.de/

Developers may need your User ID to better assist.
    Locating your User ID:

Make sure you are logged out of your account
    Search for your profile by email address or name
    Hover over the mail icon; User ID will appear near the bottom left corner

15. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Just saying here, that when I played Pirates of the caribbean for about three years and spent money as many , many did , when that game closed down, it just closed and any money spent was just that spent. Hopefully you guys will do better than those players.

16. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

The Dev's should be in soon , so just be patient . :)

17. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Patience is a virtue. Too bad that I'm more of a vice person.

On topic, I hope that the closing down of MS games doesn't come overnight. That'd be really annoying.

18. big john klad

big john klad Member

lol i say kano should start a page an link us up so we can play our accounts or at least startus off on face book with enough points to buy our chefs lol

19. The Protector

The Protector Banned

That would be chiefs not chefs.

20. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Hello Everyone,

We just found out about this this morning. We will be pulling together our team in about 30-min to discuss options and to create a plan. We will have an update later today.

This is our 2nd time through a network closing off games (hi5 was the first) and we learned a lot from offering transfer packages to those players.

MySpace has incorrectly linked support pages for our games, use the link below to contact us through support:

http://support.kanoapps.com/

We have reached out to MySpace to get our support links updated with correct link and to find out more on the timeline of closing off games.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.